• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

favorite products for acne

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

(Deleted)

Edited by Inactive

Posted

well I have a coworker who uses clinique foundation. it was recommended by her dermatologist. the product is hypoallergenic so it helps. 

Posted

I use Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream with Cover FX Custom Color drops, which sounds like extra work/money because you have to mix it but is totally my holy grail. I also like Diorskin Airflash, Too Faced Born this Way and YSL Touche Eclat.

I would also suggest colour correcting with green. It'll cancel out the redness and you actually end up not needing as much foundation imo. I love Becca, but NYX has a cheaper one that's pretty good.

Aztec clay mask is amazing! It's a bit harsh but it does help with acne and shrink pores.

Posted

I hear Aztec clay masks are very good has anyone used those? 

it actually made me break out in little pimples :( that may be because I put a too-thick layer on and left it on too long so it dried out my skin? Tonight I'll try doing a thinner layer though, so maybe that will help. I really want to like it because the powder is so cheap and easy to make, if it helped my acne I'd be saved haha

Posted (edited)

it actually made me break out in little pimples :( that may be because I put a too-thick layer on and left it on too long so it dried out my skin? Tonight I'll try doing a thinner layer though, so maybe that will help. I really want to like it because the powder is so cheap and easy to make, if it helped my acne I'd be saved haha

Edited by Inactive
Deleted

Posted (edited)

i use missha perfect cover bb cream its cool has medium coverage i guess tho i don't put that much and only on problem areas ; the good thing about korean makeup is the color as im pale af 99% of the regular bbcream/foundations ive tried have pink undertone even in the lightest shade and it's just ridiculous on me and never broke me out or anything so it's good 

when i was younger i remember using a liquid foundation from avene i don't really know if that brand exist outside of france but in general foundations found in pharmacy are pretty good 

regarding treatment i try to use as little as possible as i believe for my skin the more stuff i use the more i have chances of breaking out because my skin is too irritated so i try to let my skin breath as much as possible ; for night time i use a mix of jojoba oil and tea tree oil 2 drops of each i never use tea tree oil on its own as it can be very strong and harsh and i put it where i need it ; also i guess just make sure to really clean off your makeup everyday so you don't have residues going into the pores and clogging them and exfoliating once a week and drink water

edit: oh realized this topic is a month old oop ssss sorry

Edited by fat_cat

Posted

Old topic but I had really bad acne for a few years and it was a mixture of normal and deep cystic acne. I tried proactive (didn't work), I tried face masks (didnt work), etc. But after casually going through an article on the Web I found something that works. It's the Neutrogena daily leave on mask. You put it on twice a day (I do it before make up and primers and before I go to sleep). The only cons to it is that if you over use it you'll get dry skin, and it can bleach clothes. It started working within HOURS. I love it now and I have clear skin!

Posted

I don't really care if this is an old topic, it's a question that's likely to come up again here. 

I use mineral foundation -- not perfect coverage but it's free from all the emollients and ingredients that can cause acne. I have Alima Pure, but Bare Minerals is probably the more accessible brand. 

I like to use BHA liquid to help my breakouts. It's salicylic acid. Though, when I was a teen, I found using products with zinc helped the healing process. 

Posted

i made a mask consisting of raw organic honey, activated charcoal and Green tea extract powder (not matcha) and leave it on for 30 mins and my is miracly is softer in texture and tamer in acnes

Posted

I have so many favorites, I'll probably just type up my skincare routine; but makeup wise I like using Burts Bees BB cream.

Face-wash: Avalon Organics Lavender Cleanser (helps take off makeup too, doesn't irritate my eyes whatsoever!)

Exfoliation: Currently for my face it's Biore Charcoal Scrub and to exfoliate my body I like using coffee grounds with coconut oil.

Mask: Aztec Clay :alpacacrush: I usually mix in turmeric and Bragg's ACV; I love using ACV as a toner as well.

Moisturization/Oils: My main favorite face moisturizer is Bee Yummy Skinfood by Live Live & Organics and pure argan oil. I also like tea tree oil since it can help dry out pimples; DEFINITELY not moisturizing.

Also, something a lil extra is rosewater, I could spray it on my face all day it feels so damn nice.

Posted

^ argan oil is amazing!! tea tree also

just to add, nature republic's bee venom line (it's a korean brand!!) is incredible! it sounds terrible but it's very suitable for acne-prone and sensitive skin types! they have an emulsion, an essence, and a facial cleanser among other things, bbbbut imo if you're going to get anything from that line, get the cleanser, it's probably one of my holy grail items :))

Posted

idk if theres anything in makeup that can improve/prevent acne, but i use a treatment called benzac which is just like benzoyl peroxide gel 2% which literally CLEARED my skin COMPLETELY. Like *not sponsored* *not an ad* guys it was bomb and I recommend it over any korean or 'natural' skincare because its literally medicine haha. 

Posted

i've been using aloe vera (each 2 days and so) and it's been working fantastically :alpacacrush: if used everyday, having sensetive skin, it can irritate. i've been looking for some acne masks and all i find are extremely pricey ;^; 

ah, and i've been modifying my diet; not much chocolate nor greasy foods. any good tips? :alpacaconfused: