Holly Brown/ H.C Brown?

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I have no clue what the rules are about linking to their channels and such, but this youtuber does mainly art... and her entire personality is "I'm blunt and brutally honest" when in reality she is such a huge asshole I genuinely do not understand how she has a following the ways she does. She constantly belittles artists in general, made a long, unprofessional rant claiming CalArts requirements were stupid while claiming she got in (with mediocre art, I am doubtful) And she generally seems very unpleasant to interact with.

Posted

YES. I found her channel a few weeks ago when watching some videos from lavendertown (think that's her name?) and at first I was like, this is cool she seems nice, but after watching more videos she just comes across as whiny. A lot of her rants are such reaches, she seems quite desperate to find ANYTHING to rant about. I highly doubt she got accepted into calarts considering how salty she is in the video. She didn't even understand the point of the sketchbooks I'm smh.

Posted (edited)

Please add some evidence to the thread. :3 Some of us do not know who she is. 

Edited by mushroom

Posted

Oh my goodness she is so annoying. I found her channel while looking through a lot of Calarts sketchbook videos and she 100% lied that she got in. 

I've never seen an art YouTuber as pretentious as she is.

Posted

Receipts...? Links...? There are some of us who haven't heard of her please provide us with info

Posted

I've only seen one video of hers (she seemed really rude and whiny in it) but I looked through her instagram, webtoon and store and idk her art is kind of ugly. I get that her art is stylised but it is ugly. Even her hand position practice things (?) on ig are really badly drawn and look wonky and disturbing. She is an art student right? :amgplz: (She need to practice her anatomy more)

Posted

Looks like every other piece of shit art I've seen from Tumblr lol. Ugh. I hate it. Can you be more original please? :alpacabored:

Posted

I believe she's doing her art degree online? Not sure how that would work though.

I watch her videos sometimes and ugh she's a big hypocrite. She complains about same face syndrome whereas when you look at her art it all looks the same. The anatomy is stiff too. 

Glad she finally got a thread on here so I don't have to lurk on lolcow.

Posted (edited)

idk her art is kind of ugly. I get that her art is stylised but it is ugly. Even her hand position practice things (?) on ig are really badly drawn and look wonky and disturbing. She is an art student right? :amgplz: (She need to practice her anatomy more)

omfg, so I wasn't just being super critical

lmao.. kinda reminds me of when I came across HamletMachine...(I wonder if she's gotta thread on here 🤔)

Edited by stockholmbarbie
I can't spell lol

Posted (edited)

i like watching her while im doing my art assignments... i dont take anything she says seriously but yeah her art needs more improvements lol ( her drawings are always heavily stanted on one side) 

Edited by 707

Posted

She has made some (Some) Useful videos, but IMO, I don't like her art style.  She also seems too confident about her art. 

It also surprises me how she is making all these art tip videos when she hasn't even graduated art school? (I dont think)

Posted

I've only seen one video of hers (she seemed really rude and whiny in it) but I looked through her instagram, webtoon and store and idk her art is kind of ugly. I get that her art is stylised but it is ugly. Even her hand position practice things (?) on ig are really badly drawn and look wonky and disturbing. She is an art student right? :amgplz: (She need to practice her anatomy more)

I have to agree to be honest! :o like as an artist I can see she's particularly good in a couple areas such as showing expression and picking colour palettes and such but yeah, her style's not exactly my cup of tea either > <

and I dunno but to be honest I think it would be best for her to learn more about anatomy before going around telling people what's right and wrong :OO

Posted

She keeps popping up in my recommendations so I watched some of her videos.  She strikes me as being super pretentious and she thinks she's "keeping it real" by just cussing and giving tips which sometimes she doesn't even follow.  But aside from all that, I really do appreciate her.  She makes challenges that are actual challenges and she draws a lot to improve herself.  She's a hard working artist and I gotta give her credit for that.  Her artwork isn't perfect but I can see she's practicing a lot to get better and she definitely deserves more viewers than many of the popular art youtubers who only draw mainstream stuff and never improves.  

Posted

She can do art i guess, her art is not the best, she lacks anatomy and her poses are too stiff, but what annoys me is she's too confident, she thinks shes the greatest artist that has ever lived, shes still a student right? And her attitude jfc, she cant take criticism, give her advice? She'll make a video and rant about it. Oh and that ICONIC CalArts video of hers, she lied about being accepted, shes famous cause of that vid of her ranting cause CalArts didn't accept her. Yeah not my favorite.

ho.jpg