Treatment for frown wrinkle, acne scars, and acne

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I'm a male and I'm 22 years old. I struggle from a frown wrinkle between my eyebrows and I don't know how to get rid of it. Also, I have acne scars that can't seem to go away and I get acne from time to time. I drink water but not alot and also I tend to use sunscreen to avoid sun damage. I wanted to buy products from aliexpress but I'm scared to ruin to my skin, and I'm too young to get botox. What skin products that are made for males or in general that I use so I can get rid of the frown wrinkles, acne scars, and the acne that I occasionally get ? Thank you :)

frown-lines-dermal-filler.jpg

My frown wrinkle looks similar to the guy in the left picture.

Posted (edited)

Regular facial massages along with tightening sheet masks (which you can find in the drugstore) should help with your wrinkles. Try not to make too many straining facial expressions, as weird as that sounds. 

Moisturizing your skin daily and using sun screen will also impact your skin.

Some moisturizers:

Sudo cream, baby butt-rash cream (2-in-1, helps with moisturizing and acne), shea butter, and aloe vera gel are all good moisturizers and are usually sold in grocery stores to drugstores, and are relatively inexpensive. 

Plain oatmeal you can buy from the grocery store is good for acne, acne scars, and redness. It is smooth, with gentle exfoliating properties and helps reduce redness. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which is good for skin. Just buy regular oatmeal and grind it a little in the blender (you don't have to, but I would suggest doing this so it doesn't clog your sink or anything), wet it a little and you have it. Nothing fancy or expensive.

I think acutane might also help, but I haven't looked into that.

However, there are plenty of face washes and cleansers on the market for people with acne-prone skin! Brands like Hada Labo are good because they deep clean, tighten and reduce pores, and soak up excess oil. Great with someone with oily/acne-prone skin!

I would suggest squeezing the oatmeal in the palm of your hand and keeping the milky substance that comes out of it! I repeat, don't just let this wash away! This "milk" is essential and is packed with all the goodness for your skin!

And last....DRINK WATER! I cannot stress this enough. Drinking water moisturizes the skin, hair, nails, etc from the inside out. As a grown man you should at least be drinking at least 3 liters a day! To make this a habit, buy a liter bottle and just keep it around with you everywhere so you can sip on it throughout the day!

Hope this helps!

Edited by ..

Posted

acutane has really gnarly side effects and is hard to get as a female - (i looked into it)

honey and lemon masks are great for your skin and vitamin E oil can be used to reduce the scars

i agree that aloe vera is a good choice for moisturizer; the best form is straight off the leaf instead of little containers you find at the drugstore

best of luck with your skin care :alpacacrush:

Posted

Are these acne scars pitted, or just redness? Either way, I found BioOil to work a treat. It can seem a bit pricey, but if you're only using it on your face it'll last a long time, making the bigger bottles good value for money. Healthpoint Rescue Oil is supposed to be a good dupe for BioOil, and is cruelty free to boot! Either way, even if it does nothing for your scars, it is a good moisturiser, and you should moisturise no matter what your age or skin type.

As for wrinkles, the products I recommended are for wrinkles too, but I can't vouch for that personally. Look for products with hyaluronic acid to plump the skin, making fine lines less visible. Also look for collagen-based products or once that help collagen production, as this will help tighten the skin and potentially thicken it.

Lastly, you really don't need that much water. "8 cups a day" is a myth. In reality you only need to drink when you're thirsty. However, I still recommend at least a glass a day, not accounting for hot weather or exercise. However, always where sunscreen!

Skincare is a huge rabbit hole, because not everything will work for everyone. If nothing else works, there is no harm is just a simple moisturiser, a decent diet, and not tugging/ pulling the skin as much as possible. It's also cheaper. Good luck!

Posted

Dermatix Ultra Advanced Scar Gel Reduction Treatment is the best I've used so for, also try to use a Vitamin C serum. A cheap one I can recommend is the Rhoto Melano CC Essence. Also don't ever order skincare from Aliexpress as a lot of it is not tested!

Posted

You're definitely too young for botox, I'd better consulted a cosmetologist, she can offer you hyaluronic acid and massage. As for the acne scars, peelings and even laser will remove them easily (here is  some info by the way), but I think you must get qualified consultation not to spoil the skin, in some cases peelings are not recommended.

Posted

For the wrinkles, you can get face masks. There has to be a face mask for men. You just apply them to your face like a thick cream and sleep while they are on your face. You peel them off when you wake up. With every daily application, your wrinkles will gradually fade.

To prevent further wrinkles - they're right - drink a lot of water, use moisturizers often, try not to frown, and have a good diet. Nivea Creme is a good moisturizer that is for both women and men. Meditate to relieve stress and avoid frowning. Eat veggies and fruits and drink fruit shakes.

For the acne scars, try an acne scar treatment. All Purpose Hydroquinone Cream is an effective cream. Even though it fixes many other skin problems, one of the things it's most famous for is effectively removing acne scars. It is also for both women and men. You can apply it to each acne scar daily. It usually takes effect within 2 weeks.

For the acne, try an acne treatment. There are endless products for treating acne out there. Choose the one that works best for you. Also, make sure that your beddings are always clean and keep your hands away from your face.

Lastly, take frequent exercise. Exercise brings the body back to its natural function, and its natural function is to remove dirt like acne and keep the skin smooth.