• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

1206 posts in this topic

Posted

she looks weird in lolita skirts... maybe they are too short for her?? and I don't think her neon pink hair suits very well the pastel colors

oh and the fact that she isn't using any petticoats makes her look even weirder
https://youtu.be/vAYEBrIPc08 

Posted

she looks weird in lolita skirts... maybe they are too short for her?? and I don't think her neon pink hair suits very well the pastel colors

oh and the fact that she isn't using any petticoats makes her look even weirder
https://youtu.be/vAYEBrIPc08 

I feel like the skirts and outfits she got don't really look that flattering on her. This sounds silly to say but the skirts are too "kawaii" for her since she's more of an alt/pastel tattoo girl? Idk how to describe her style. If she paired the outfits better and fixed her neon hair back to it's soft pastel pink it was, it would look much better. 

Posted

I used to love Kelly however I feel like she plays a little too much on how she has anxiety now. In her newest maid cafe video I feel like she mentioned about her anxiety every 10 seconds for the first half of the video. I know how it feels, Im a long term sufferer of anxiety too but to mention it every 10 seconds seems to fall into the 'attention seeking' category. Even on her twitter, from what I can see she mentions it A LOT. 

Posted

She totally tricked me with her thumbnail for her Maid Cafe vlog. It featured a Maidreamin' uniform wearing maid in it, but instead, it was some knockoff. 

Posted

She totally tricked me with her thumbnail for her Maid Cafe vlog. It featured a Maidreamin' uniform wearing maid in it, but instead, it was some knockoff. 

I looked at it and I think it's supposed to be a parody of the one thumbnail Buzzfeed made for a video about maid cafes. 

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIRwYFT1mZM&t=0s new vidddd

she's always mentioning her anxiety on her videos like 2 times every minute, it's like ok girl we get it you don't need to repeat yourself and tell us the symptoms... 

Posted

She missed a zero on the dress price and was genuinely surprised that they didn't want to accept the return? I don't regularly follow this woman but is she always this stupid? No AP dress is $148, unless it's a special set or something. She was wondering why the shopgirls were being so nice to her when she bought one of their $1000+ brilliant dress collection dresses, did it not occur to her to look at the price when she paid for it? And it was extremely rude for her to try and return it. Lolita is a niche fashion and those expensive dresses are highly sought after. Obviously the shopgirls thought they hit the jackpot when some rich foreigner girl came and bought one of the special dresses. And then a few days later the same girl comes back asking for a return and she expects them to smile and take it. AP isn't forever 21. She's extremely lucky they let her the return the dress and the brand didn't blacklist her for life. 

Posted (edited)

I'm a long time lurker and literally joined so I can comment on Kelly lmao. 

I would have triple checked the price of the dress in the store and made sure i knew what i was paying.

She's super lucky she got it sorted out though, if it wasnt for the other girl (Yuki i think?) helping her out she would have been stuck with her decision :/

I used to really like her videos but i have two things that irk me about her.

1. She HARDLY EVER thanks anyone for her gifts she recieves in the mail! I just think it seems so ungrateful. Also reading out letter and not replying to the letter? Just leaving it and moving to the parcels then onto the next one.  Anyone know if she actually reaches out and gives graditude? I'd be super flattered and say a personal thank you to each single thing I recieved. 

2. I appreciate her talking about her mental health but she does mention it at really weird times especially when you can see she's not getting her way.

I love Dre and i think she's such a genuine person compared to Kelly.

Edited by Pumpkincookie
Spelling

Posted

Kelly is becoming very problematic lately. Time to unsubscribe from her channel.

Posted

Somone posted the lolita dress video on /cgl/ and anons were having a fit over it and I can see why. She was acting super entitled about returning the dress, not even researching about buying from AP and about how it's like to return an item in Japan, especially a $1500 dress. I wouldn't be surpsied if AP blacklisted Kelly for her actions. Way to go for making it harder for foreigners to buy lolita dress from AP Kelly!!!

Just from watching her videos in general, she acted like a typical weeb. She kept asking her friend Lindsay what things meant in english or what was that temple called because she didn't take the time to really learn some japanese. God it was really annoying to watch her act like a five year old. 

Posted

Even $150 is a lot of money tho, why wouldn't you check the price more than once and in a more secure way than just moving the decimal point? And surely she'd have seen the price when she paid for it or they told her how much it would be? Like, I just don't understand how you can mess up that badly. Better yet, don't just whip out a credit card for everything???

Posted

Somone posted the lolita dress video on /cgl/

Never known how to navigate that site, anyone got the link to the thread?

Posted

Never known how to navigate that site, anyone got the link to the thread?

Hi Kelly.  

Posted

Hi Kelly.  

I'm not! Haha, I genuinely want to see what Lolitas think about it. I mean, surely it makes it more difficult/casts a bad light for foreigners in AP/the like when someone messes up that badly? 

It'd suck, but I'd have just kept it. The store shouldn't have bent their policies like that just because someone is kicking up a fuss. Surely a massive clue was when the store girls were being way over the top about someone buying a """sale""" dress?!

Posted

She was with her friend who spoke some Japanese when she bought it. Did they not confirm the price when checking out and did her friend not catch it? It's all so silly. 

Oh Kelly, why ya gotta be like this.