• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

1206 posts in this topic

Posted

I absolutely adore Kelly! 

Aside from her cheerful personality, she does admit she suffers from depression and body dysmorphia which I can relate to. I don't see her as a fake person since I do find her videos quite genuine and enjoyable to watch. I really loved her make up horror story video especially. Anything make up, yep.

Im surprised people still believe she's married or dating when she answered in it a Q&A saying the marriage was off.

Posted (edited)

I used to really love her. 

Now I feel like she's a snowflake. She posts photos of herself and is like "UGH MY BODY ISSUES :,(" 

so that people say oh no Kelly you're so gorgeous. Then she makes videos reading an interview someone did with her... she just seems so self obsessed to me. 

I know someone from the same area as her and her mom is a realtor for millionaires if I remember correctly and to me she seems like she's had it all handed to her.

ive left a question in the comments once and she was so rude in the reply. Also why have a dog if you lock it up in that little house??? I don't get it.

Edited by Usagi moon

Posted

When does she lock up toshi though? 

I have a dog and sometimes she gets locked in a cage. Not as much anymore now that she's getting older (almost 1.5 years old). She used to get locked up at night and when we would be out in town. But now she can be trusted to be out at night. Just to keep her safe because even if you think your house is dog proof, these sneaky fluffy babies always manage to find something if they're bored enough. As long as Toshi is getting his daily walks and enough playtime and toys to keep him busy, locking him up if she's afraid he'll get into something is fine. 

Posted

I used to really love her. 

Now I feel like she's a snowflake. She posts photos of herself and is like "UGH MY BODY ISSUES :,(" 

so that people say oh no Kelly you're so gorgeous. Then she makes videos reading an interview someone did with her... she just seems so self obsessed to me. 

I know someone from the same area as her and her mom is a realtor for millionaires if I remember correctly and to me she seems like she's had it all handed to her.

ive left a question in the comments once and she was so rude in the reply. Also why have a dog if you lock it up in that little house??? I don't get it.

that's not how body disphoria works though. She probably see's herself as something really gross and I trust her when she says that because when she usually speaks about those issues she's really eloquent and she seems to know what she's talking about. I'm sometimes iffy about her too but I think her problems are real.
And people sometimes tend to get self-obsessed if they have/had experienced body disphoria or even eating disorders, you wanna distract yourself withother things about you and make yourself look 'perfect' also your mental image is always gonna be warped cause its a long and hard way to get out of that spiral.

Posted

You know, normally I like Kelly a lot, but...

In her recent video she says something about how she's cutting ties with Hello Kitty because they didn't want to sponsor her, but only her Patrons know why lol no so she's selling all of her Hello Kitty crap. All of it. And she has a lot of it.

There's a conversation in the comments about how Sanrio didn't think her alternative looks fit their brand, so they chose not to sponsor her as a Hello Kitty image girl or something. Idk man, I think that's their right??? Like, yeah she enjoys the character and she's a "kawaii leader" but if they don't think she's a good rep for their kid-aimed brand, that's their choice. It's a Japanese company, and afaik Japan is super weird about tattoos so it makes sense that they'd not want an alternative model to be their spokeswoman. 

It looks super immature of Kelly to turn around and get rid of all her HK shit just because she didn't get chosen for something even though just two minutes before she looooved Hello Kitty. You win and you lose. That's life.

Posted

Seriously??? That why she's saying bye to hello kitty??? I was wondering why after she mentioned it on Facebook.

I'm sorry, I adore Kelly but she's acting like a brat!!! 

Posted

I'm assuming Kelly contacted them right? Like if a company wanted someone to sponsor them wouldn't they contact you, not the other way around? Also Hello Kitty is a pretty big brand so I don't think they need sponsors. Unless if the company said something offensive to her face about her looks,choices, etc I don't see why she should get rid of everything.   

Posted (edited)

Edited by assthetic

Posted (edited)

even if her reaction to this is a bit childish it makes sense to me that she would no longer want to support or enjoy wearing items from a brand that has said they'd be "embarrassed" to have someone like her represent them.

Edited by Bubbletea

Posted (edited)

Yikes @ all that.

I mean, I get being a bit upset and disappointed in my favorite brand basically turning me down (and maybe not buying future products), but a making this "I'm dissociating from Sanrio only mY pATrOns KnoW" ultimatum on social media + her HK garage sale is kinda extra...

She'd probably pull the ' "_____" is a discriminatory company that doesn't support tattooed members of society!!1!1" kind of argument to her defense.

Yes, Kelly, it's kinda fucked up, it's actually pretty discriminatory, it's 2017 we're a ~progressive~ era, etc. But besides the fact tattoos are kinda prejudiced in Asia in general... you.. y'know.. you model lingerie and stuff.. And Sanrio's kinda kid friendly..?

lowkey imagining if Sanrio ever did sponsor her or make her the HK girl, some kid would probably look her up and bAM SEXY KELLY

Not that there's anything wrong with lingerie models (mad props to them and respect tbh, I'd never have the balls to do that bc lack of confidence :"D)

But I mean.. Sanrio is a big company, business and appearance is everything and meanwhile it'd be nice for them/other companies alike to embrace the tattoo + alt fashion
I'm pretty sure there'd be controversy and a war between Tumblr and Facebook moms.

i love u Kelly but c'mon

Edited by MoronMunchies
looked too long/dumb thought :"D

Posted

Japan has a really bad history with tattoos due to various reasons like the japanese mafia (yakuza), the government who also used them as a form punishment for criminals or the korean occupation where they tattoed the comfort women. So obviously a japanese Brand for KIDS wouldn't sponsor an adult with tattoos

Posted (edited)

Edited by assthetic

Posted

To be honest I stopped following her and the fellowship because it all just started to feel negative and problematic. 

Posted

To be honest, I vaguely understand where she is coming from but I also feel this could be a good talking point and instead she could help pioneer the movement for helping end body modification discrimination in Japan (and other Asian countries). Just look at Grace Neutral exploring the small community of body modification in South Korea. (URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYfJfCeQ8As ; PULL isn't letting me insert the link how I usually would.)

Sanrio not sponsoring shouldn't be the end of the world, other companies (including Japanese) are more than willing to sponsor her! She's sponsored by Rilakkuma, a Japanese brand (at one point in time at least!) (URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohF-ToleUk ; she says they are a lot like Hello Kitty in the video!)

Kind of wanted Dre to get into Kuromi and they could do something with the two Sanrio characters, but I guess we won't see that happening. I'm sad to see her part ways because of this, but at least she's standing up for her beliefs - even if we might not necessarily agree with the means?

I do understand that it could be good for furthering the acceptance of tattoos in Japanese culture.  That seems to have started already, I was there not long ago and there were a few tattoo shops in different neighborhoods, granted this was in Tokyo so perhaps that attitude isn't everywhere.  Change like that is likely to start with smaller companies though.

I totally disagree with how she is acting and think it's childish and embarrassing.  SHE reached out to the company to ask them to sponsor her.  Were they even looking for sponsors?  Sanrio is such a huge corporation, it's not as if they need sponsors to push their popularity.  Her sponsorship would have done nothing to increase the brand presence just as her disengagement with them will do nothing to hurt them.  Also not sure if she posted the official response that they gave her, but I doubt a huge company with a PR dept would say they were "embarrassed" to associate with someone.

Posted

Came to see if there was a thread about her. Honestly, I really like watching her videos and absolutely love her roommate Dre, but Kelly just seems so extremely full of herself.