• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - Circle Lenses

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know what circle lenses brand Taylor R uses? Most of colored circle lenses around stores and online places normally have like "dotted pattern texture", so they look very ugly and artificial.

But those lenses that Taylor R normally wears look like they have a neat fading gradient from green to transparent color in the center.

She  posted a video about her taking these ones, but they don't look at all like the ones she normally wears in videos. She mentioned in a video she uses to order them online and the lenses diameter is 15.5-16 mm.

I've already checked Pink Paradise and Uniqso (where she bought some huge black lens for a Halloween cosplay) but I couldn't find any lenses that look like in her videos/photos.

58da9a3ad1299_Sin_ttulo-2.thumb.jpg.e24358da98d75b0d7_Sin_ttulo-1.thumb.jpg.ef7a527a8aea2e9ec0cf2816d43ea1b37cb6.thumb.j

In one of her videos she grabs for her friend Sharla these ones http://www.donkimall.com/shop/products/detail.php?product_id=14917, but the effect has NOTHING to do at all with the one you can see in her videos, because those lenses pattern is that crappy dotted pattern texture I dislike:

asd.thumb.jpg.b9e340195690f69fab79ef47c1

4560483296353_sub1.thumb.jpg.09479fb36254560483296353_sub3.thumb.jpg.e38ff950b96

Edited by Avocado

Posted

I feel like she doesn't tell her fans which ones she wears exactly so that they don't sell out

Posted

If I remember correctly in her Cinderella makeup she used Neo Extra Dali Blue, I asked her around that time what ones she used day to day and she never responded but I was pretty sure they were Neo Extra Dali Green. I've used them and they look like hers even to this day.

Posted

If I remember correctly in her Cinderella makeup she used Neo Extra Dali Blue, I asked her around that time what ones she used day to day and she never responded but I was pretty sure they were Neo Extra Dali Green. I've used them and they look like hers even to this day.

Hi Vivi! Would you mind to link me that video? I couldn't find it through her channel browser.

Thanks for the info!

Posted

Hi Vivi! Would you mind to link me that video? I couldn't find it through her channel browser.

Thanks for the info!

On the first page of the Deleted/rare videos topic there's a download for it. Christmas Cinderella Look.

Posted

On the first page of the Deleted/rare videos topic there's a download for it. Christmas Cinderella Look.

Thank you very much!

Mmmm... Neo Dali Green? For some reason her lenses looked to me more like... Dolly Eye Dizon Green because of the soft gradient to transparent, but who knows.

Dolly Eye Dizon Green (tried on light natural eyes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B9b3awrBrA

Posted

I literally just created this account to tell you which circle lens she's using in the picture above lmao.

I'm 100% its https://www.pinkyparadise.com/EOS-Candy-Blue-p/e11-g208-bl.htm because back in the days, when I used circle lenses on a daily basis too, I used these which made my eyes look exactly like Taylors in the picture above c:!

Posted

Thank you very much!

Mmmm... Neo Dali Green? For some reason her lenses looked to me more like... Dolly Eye Dizon Green because of the soft gradient to transparent, but who knows.

Dolly Eye Dizon Green (tried on light natural eyes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B9b3awrBrA

I've got the Dolly Eye Dizon Green lenses and they look a lot like the ones Taylor always wears, but i think they're not big enough to be an exact match. Here's a comparison picture... I used a filter and the eye make up is different, but you get the idea.

vergleich.png

Posted (edited)

I literally just created this account to tell you which circle lens she's using in the picture above lmao.

I'm 100% its https://www.pinkyparadise.com/EOS-Candy-Blue-p/e11-g208-bl.htm because back in the days, when I used circle lenses on a daily basis too, I used these which made my eyes look exactly like Taylors in the picture above c:!

Personally, I don't think Taylor is using those ones. I've updated more photos in the main post.

As you  can see, the black circle is thinner, the ground color is more green than blue and it has like some spiked pattern around, not a plain one.

I'm wondering what lens are those, never saw them before and look amazing!

Sin título-2.jpg

Edited by Avocado
Adding photo

Posted (edited)

Edited by mome

Posted

I know this is going to come across as really critical but why do the K/Jvloggers who wear circle lenses to make their eyes look bigger always wear such different colours from their natural eye colour? It looks awkward and very cheap.  I mean, I get the circle lenses as it 's an easy way to make your eyes look larger especially if you suck at make-up as I do. But they'd look so much better if they tried to match it with their natural eye colour. That almost teal colour with brown-dominant hazel eyes that Taylor has is very unflattering.

Posted

I know this is going to come across as really critical but why do the K/Jvloggers who wear circle lenses to make their eyes look bigger always wear such different colours from their natural eye colour? It looks awkward and very cheap.  I mean, I get the circle lenses as it 's an easy way to make your eyes look larger especially if you suck at make-up as I do. But they'd look so much better if they tried to match it with their natural eye colour. That almost teal colour with brown-dominant hazel eyes that Taylor has is very unflattering.

Because it's fun ? I have dark brown eyes but I love having blue eyes, then gray eyes, then brown eyes again just depending on my mood and what I wear and etc. I don't get why it's an issue.

I'd love the lenses she wears in the pics of that first post, btw.

Posted (edited)

I was saying this about those who do it just to make their eyes look bigger. I understand coloured contact lenses even if I'd never wear them myself. I've been blessed with blue eyes with central heterochromia. They are  blue around the outside and green around the pupil. They naturally do what Taylor's lenses are doing but since it's a natural blue and not that weird shade it just changes the appearance of my eyes depending on the colour I'm wearing.  You can't tell unless you look closely into my eyes. As for Taylor it would look so much better if she went for a more natural shade of blue or went for contacts that had less room for pupils.

But maybe she has too many lights around which have cause her pupils to constrict a lot and they'd appear very different in natural lighting.

Edited by Alye

Posted

I was saying this about those who do it just to make their eyes look bigger. I understand coloured contact lenses even if I'd never wear them myself. I've been blessed with blue eyes with central heterochromia. They are  blue around the outside and green around the pupil. They naturally do what Taylor's lenses are doing but since it's a natural blue and not that weird shade it just changes the appearance of my eyes depending on the colour I'm wearing.  You can't tell unless you look closely into my eyes. As for Taylor it would look so much better if she went for a more natural shade of blue or went for contacts that had less room for pupils.

But maybe she has too many lights around which have cause her pupils to constrict a lot and they'd appear very different in natural lighting.

I'd kind of have to disagree. I think they work well with the greens in her eyes. It almost looks like she's got a gradience of color working out from her pupils to her limbal rings. But I do agree that she should choose a more faded green color to not harshly contrast. Other than that, I think the color change is pretty cool.

Posted (edited)

geo-xtra-wt-a53-alice-natural-green-colo

geo-alice-pure-green-wta-53.jpg

kO5TwjBl.jpg

58da9d771d0de_Sin_ttulo-2.thumb.jpg.c420

Took me literally a minute to figure out what she's using ever since I saw the close-up from her video. 

Geo Alice Pure Green WT-53 

.. literally sold out mostly everywhere with month's of pre-order + delivery time.

You are welcome :alpacabored:

Edited by Rika
Added more pics