• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

591 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS LMAO, hold on. 

So I had a spare Amazon gift card the other day and I decided I’d get those purple SBH gummies because I was looking the ingredients up to see exactly what James was promoting, and aside from being loaded with sugar, they seemed to just be a decent sleeping aid. At best I’d maybe get a good nights sleep from taking them ( I have a hard time sleeping/getting to sleep and was looking for some sleep aid options anyways ) and at worst I’d have some expensive but pretty tasty candy ( if you haven’t tried SBH before, they taste deadass like those opaque blue Scooby Doo fruit snacks). I can provide proof I actually bought these if anybody really gives a fuck, but anyways- 

These fucking gummies knocked me the FUCK out. I took two before I went to bed and I nearly fell asleep while playing on my switch. Idk if it was placebo but within 20 minutes I couldn’t keep my eyes open. These are really effective melatonin vitamins, at least in my opinion. If you’re an adult and you actually need them, I’d actually recommend these to you (they have a very odd faint after taste though). I’m 20 years old and 5’9 and kinda chunky and my ass was out like a light.

However, James promoting these to his audience of super young teenage fans? Not a good idea at fucking all. Like I said, these vitamins taste like literal candy. Good candy. Delicious candy, if we’re being honest. You can’t OD on melatonin, but having too much can give you migraines, stomach problems, and possibly make mental health issues and their symptoms worse. I can see some 12 year old buying these off amazon with a gift card and eating a handful of them and getting themselves sick. 

We all talk about the betrayal to Tati, but tbh what James did was honestly kind of dangerous. These are LITERALLY sleeping pills that taste like scooby doo fruit snacks, and he was heavily promoting them. 

For the record, almost all kids vitamins come in candy or gummy form. You can likely make yourself sick by eating most any vitamins in large amounts, and some of them, idk take vitamin E for example (or any other fat-soluble vitamin) has a likelihood of making you very ill if you take too much. It's in a lot of kid's gummies, though. You could OD on Halo beauty shit, too. It's got zinc in it, and you can definitely overdose on that and seriously harm your stomach. (If you take more than 4 pills, you're getting into possibly dangerous effects [link -- not the best source but you get me lol]). Her audience has many young people as well. 

My point is: you can OD this with most any gummy/candy vitamin marketed towards young adults, children, or adults. SBH isn't really doing anything that your Flintstones vitamins didn't. NOT DEFENDING JAMES: just, IDK. Seems kind of a reach to me. 

Edited by darlin

Posted

he seems to be gaining followers again, which surprises me tbh, since his tour cancellation and the no re-fund drama just came out today? But I guess his pitty-me performance at the airport was a success....

you sure he's not buying followers again? 

For the record, almost all kids vitamins come in candy or gummy form. You can likely make yourself sick by eating most any vitamins in large amounts, and some of them, idk take vitamin E for example (or any other fat-soluble vitamin) has a likelihood of making you very ill if you take too much. It's in a lot of kid's gummies, though. You could OD on Halo beauty shit, too. It's got zinc in it, and you can definitely overdose on that and seriously harm your stomach. (If you take more than 4 pills, you're getting into possibly dangerous effects [link -- not the best source but you get me lol]). Her audience has many young people as well. 

My point is: you can OD this with most any gummy/candy vitamin marketed towards young adults, children, or adults. SBH isn't really doing anything that your Flintstones vitamins didn't. NOT DEFENDING JAMES: just, IDK. Seems kind of a reach to me. 

Uh, yeah. apparently vitamin overdosis is a real thing - just google about it and you'll find plenty of legit medical articles about this. people are just not more aware of this because we grow up with companies marketing their supplements with taglines that goes "the more you take, the better". if your vitamin intake daily is enough, or if you don't have certain health conditions where you are depleted or clearly lacking of vitamin levels in your body, then you don't need supplements. 

Posted

he seems to be gaining followers again, which surprises me tbh, since his tour cancellation and the no re-fund drama just came out today? But I guess his pitty-me performance at the airport was a success....

It could be the internet's famously short attention span ... or it could be buying followers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted (edited)

I don't think him gaining subs actually has anything to do with him.

I think it has to do with people being disgusted with the number of people ganging up on him, so they feel inclined to follow him.

ALSO -

HEY KIDS - TAKING MELATONIN WILL STRAIGHT FUCK YOU UP. NO ONE, EXCEPT FOR RECOMMENDED BY A DOCTOR, SHOULD TAKE MELATONIN.

I say this as someone with a mood disorder. DO NOT FUCK WITH YOUR TONINS!!!!!

Edited by honeycrisp

Posted (edited)

I think you misunderstood me. I’m not placing blame on SBH, I’m placing blame on James. SBH can sell whatever they want in whatever shape they want. I actually recommended their vitamins if you were looking for a melatonin sleeping aid that works if you’re an adult. 

My point was that James, an influencer with a notoriously young fanbase, was personally promoting a gummy candy sleep vitamin to his gaggle of minors. A gummy vitamin, mind you, that’s known for being more tasty than it is effective. These things are delicious lmao. It was inappropriate on his part to promote them, because again, his demographic is mainly children and young teens. Not to mention he (likely illegally, mind you) mentioned they help with his anxiety, which is probably going to perk the attention of kids who suffer with anxiety and lead them to possibly using these irresponsibly. 

Also I don’t think Tati’s fanbase is as young as James. She tends to attract older women typically (not to say kids don’t watch her). Halo also isn’t available through Amazon, so a kid can’t walk to their local CVS and buy a gift card to buy them, they’d need an actual credit card. If James’ fans weren’t mainly young teens and kids I wouldn’t really have an issue with him advertising these (though I feel like sleep aid is something to see a doctor but that’s besides the point).

TLDR: I claimed James was in the wrong, not the company. SBH can sell whatever it likes. 

Edited by Umbreon

Posted

He didn't say anything tho? just posting ss abt the article. It's viral bc cosmo write it, not bc of him. He have bad history with james charles that's why he have bias against him, so that's normal. 

Do you have any receipt tho abt tati helping him? it's not backstabbing if they just interact like a normal person. By that logic james backstabbing jeffree with associating himself with nikita. Not that i care anyway

He posted a ss about Tati congratulating her for 7M followers then said thank you and your husband for the time you helped me with the issue I had with youtube. His words not mine...

Posted

Tati just uploaded a video about the issue

Posted

I dont like james but i do have some humanity in me. I hope he is doing okay,because a huge scandal like this would fuck anybody up,i didnt realize how huge this was until men that knew nothing about the beauty community knew about the james charles situation.

James shouldn't offer himself as an experiment for 'straight boys' if he's not willing to entertain outcomes he did not expect (aka, they're straight).

If you want to be where they can experiment - go for it - but DO NOT play victim when they don't want to be with you.

False,all the guys who james was intimate with said they were ''bicurious'' and were experimenting,the only problem was when they experimented with james they was they were straight so james got mad and took it to social media bashing them.Thats literally all there is to the story in terms of him being a predator. 

Posted

He posted a ss about Tati congratulating her for 7M followers then said thank you and your husband for the time you helped me with the issue I had with youtube. His words not mine...

Sebastian williams' subs is not even reach 1 mil.

Posted

Tati just uploaded a video about the issue

I don't really have the time to watch this, can someone tell me what it is?

Posted

I don't really have the time to watch this, can someone tell me what it is?

She basically says she didn’t mean for this to spiral into the massive cancel campaign that it did, and she wishes she could give the lost subscribers back. She felt like after so many failed attempts at addressing James’ behavior privately, she took it public so he’d listen.

Posted

She basically says she didn’t mean for this to spiral into the massive cancel campaign that it did, and she wishes she could give the lost subscribers back. She felt like after so many failed attempts at addressing James’ behavior privately, she took it public so he’d listen.

imo Tati seems pretty genuine, tbh I'm glad karma is finally biting his ass but honestly better to get the shot from Tati than Jeffree Star per say (though Jeffree probably wouldn't of done this the same way in any form lmfao)

Posted

imo Tati seems pretty genuine, tbh I'm glad karma is finally biting his ass but honestly better to get the shot from Tati than Jeffree Star per say (though Jeffree probably wouldn't of done this the same way in any form lmfao)

I agree. I don’t think Tati was malicious in what she was doing, but that she underestimated just how many people loathe James Charles for his obnoxious and entitled personality. His fans were pretty Sister Silent for the most part in all this controversy.

It sucks that she had to literally drag him by the ear on the internet to get him to listen. Imo, that’s his own fault. His behavior and massive ego was going to destroy his career because he’d say something gross to someone important at an event and get his ass blacklisted or something. Homeboy needed a chewing out to humble himself and we all know his own mama wouldn’t have done that. 

Posted

jeffree is such a hypocrite coming for james

Posted

False,all the guys who james was intimate with said they were ''bicurious'' and were experimenting,the only problem was when they experimented with james they was they were straight so james got mad and took it to social media bashing them.Thats literally all there is to the story in terms of him being a predator. 

What do you mean 'false'? you literally just repeated exactly what I said. 'straight boys' was in quotes, as in, James' version of what a straight boy is, not a literal straight boy. In reality, they are straight too, so idk what you're trying to prove here.