• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Margaret Palermo

6290 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Screenshot of her craigslist ‘outcall massage’ ad. She runs it every few days:

0990C0DE-0B65-4168-AD55-490F932DE404.thu

And her website, outcallmassageseoul.com where she lists her certificates at bottom right. Clik on them and they’re all from 2009. That’s all she has, if there were more she’d post them.

C582A4D4-B0B4-4033-B03F-197BB8DFBE57.thu

If she has other “jobs” they’re also illegal under Korean immigration laws. She has no work visa, her visa is either student or tourist.

Edited by Andromeda Galaxy

Posted

Also, what I think Labyrinth is trying to say is that we can't assume things because we don't know.

I was blown away by the rationality of your post; I wish I could thumbs it up 100 times. For some reason, when it comes to Margaret, a lot gets passed off as fact without the necessary evidence. The gaps get filled in with speculation that's filtered through heavy bias and the whole thing gets presented as if it were gospel.

It is like what I said elsewhere, the site name: pretty ugly little liar. When it comes to exposing liars it's important to be honest about what information you have, and what information you don't, unless you want to end up a liar yourself.

Posted (edited)

Her new comments are contradicting what she claimed earlier. She used to say that Venus removed a part of her intestines to stay slim some years ago but now Margo claims Venus only did it recently and informed her about it through an email. I guess it's true that a liar eventually gets caught up in their lies and forget what they lied earlier.

5a2d7a6f4de85_.thumb.png.5113fca523143445a2d7a70ef3c2_1.thumb.png.5d0d4fbcfd45d15a2d7a71bf96b_2.thumb.png.4f0f3001133762

And then of course the usual sob story. The worst thing is that Margo probably believes it or wants to believe it and that's why she can't stop talking about it.

5a2d7a730ba65_3.thumb.png.cf4b5153eb88e3

"She just used me to get her to Japan"

Hooooooow? Wheeeere?

:alpacaconfused::alpacadone:

Margaret was the one exploiting her own child and planning out her whereabouts. She was Venus' director, manager, everything--controlled what she could and could not do. There's even open proof of it--I could dig up the posts on Venus' old blog where she'd talk about what her mother was doing, or the clips from My Strange Addiction where we see Margaret directing Venus, or that messy French interview.

I remember checking out Venus' early videos when I first found out about her. It's pretty obvi that Venus just wanted to be a YouTuber and her mother capitalized on it and twisted her child's mind.

Seeing this situation, and how Margaret is living now, I...am starting to wonder if Margaret planned to live through her child from a very young age (by putting her in beauty pageants) and only allowed Venus to do YouTube because she saw it as a way to capitalize on potential fame, but that is only mere speculation. We don't know.

Regardless, I'm so happy that Venus broke free.

Edited by piouspie
grammar error, whoopsie

Posted

Margaret is one of the worst persons alive...also one of the worst mothers. Fml

Posted

Margaret is one of the worst persons alive...also one of the worst mothers. Fml

While Margo certainly is a bad person (from our point of view, the way she is presenting herself isn't helping her) and easy to demonize because of her actions she is imo far from being the worst. Unstable and unreliable but could probably get better if she got the help she needed. But not the worst.

Posted (edited)

Screenshot of her craigslist ‘outcall massage’ ad. She runs it every few days:

0990C0DE-0B65-4168-AD55-490F932DE404.thu

And her website, outcallmassageseoul.com where she lists her certificates at bottom right. Clik on them and they’re all from 2009. That’s all she has, if there were more she’d post them.

C582A4D4-B0B4-4033-B03F-197BB8DFBE57.thu

It sure does look like a world-renowned academy. 

wat-pho-thai-traditional.jpg

Edited by Miserab

Posted

So Margo's certificates are from 2009, wouldn't they have to be updated regularly? It's to do with heath and safety wont it? Like a licence to be able to do these massaged as a self employed person? That's what I'd assume she would have to do? Wouldn't be surprised if she was doing this illegally for cheap money because she is so poor!

Posted

So Margo's certificates are from 2009, wouldn't they have to be updated regularly? It's to do with heath and safety wont it? Like a licence to be able to do these massaged as a self employed person? That's what I'd assume she would have to do? Wouldn't be surprised if she was doing this illegally for cheap money because she is so poor!

They wouldn't have to be updated if she had been practicing all these years and has official/legal proof(employment documents where her job is stated as masseuse or something similar). Otherwise, like all medical certificates, they need to be updated and she may need qualification renewal courses.

And as far as I remember, officially she has only worked as a fitness instructor and a momager.

Posted

You do need to be licensed to legally work as a massage therapist anywhere in Europe, the US and/or South Korea though and the license must be renewed every 2 years (in the US, don’t know about time intervals for the others.) And one of the requirements to renew your license is documentation of a certain number of continuing education units/hours. Marge has no license anywhere and never has as far as I can tell, just those classes she took in 2009.

Even if she had a valid license she’d still need to have a work visa to work legally in South Korea, which she does not have. That’s why she skulks around on craigslist instead of having a legitimate job there. She does not qualify to work as a massage therapist — no license or work visa — and what she is doing is illegal. She would likely be deported if her craigslist “job” ever came to the attention of SK immigration authorities.

Posted

So Venus (and Margo) lived in Thailand right? I feel like that's never really talked about by anyone, just that she won a beauty contest there I think.. But that means she moved Venus around for quite some years.. It must be some change, going from Switzerland to Thailand. I wonder how old Venus was when she moved out of Switzerland- like 11 or 12? Or maybe they moved around before 2009 as well

Posted

So Venus (and Margo) lived in Thailand right? I feel like that's never really talked about by anyone, just that she won a beauty contest there I think.. But that means she moved Venus around for quite some years.. It must be some change, going from Switzerland to Thailand. I wonder how old Venus was when she moved out of Switzerland- like 11 or 12? Or maybe they moved around before 2009 as well

When I think more about it the more I feel really sad for Venus. How much of a lonely life she must have had to live all those years, everytime she met friends having to eventually move away from them. What makes it even it even worse is that the only constant person Venus would have had would have been Margo. That makes me even more impressed that Venus was finally able to get away from Margo and choose where she wants to live and who to live with for herself.

What was the purpose of moving around so much, did Margo want to travel the world and dragged Venus along with her? I know it works well for some but I can't help but imagine that moving from place to place even country to country could interfere with healthy developement for a child.

Posted

She's not done

Screenshot_20171216-102842.jpg

Posted (edited)

Ojhhh boiiis :alpacafedup::alpacafedup:

Screenshot_20171216-032809.png

Edited by Suga Iced Tea