• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Rowan Blanchard

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Why

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted (edited)

@*Yeah, she needs to make a new page for her art fetish.

Edited by mushroom

Posted

I see

Posted

isnt she like 16 or something? I remember going through that pretentious asshole phase where everyone who didn't agree with me was morally bankrupt. Hopefully she stops this and joins the rest of the world in moderate land lmao. 

Posted

I recently followed her, so I'm not sure about her history. Personally, I don't think her posts bother me that much. In terms of the "aesthetic" pictures, I think it's nothing more than just...aesthetic pictures. I don't really see it as if she's trying to act special or anything. :alpacaworry:

In terms of the SJW stuff, I only see that in her stories, and it's always just to ask people to fight against a certain bill or something, which is good, because there are a lot of shitty bills being proposed recently. 

Posted (edited)

i love this kid. She's not only young but bright, and does what she wants while not being an overwhelmingly malicious prick over it, which I admire.

Not to get personal, but I'll say SWIM that I follow is a fan of her, and always likes something from her feed (that's how I come across her posts). SWIM has also apparently met her, and only had praises. So there's that. 

I'm not sure she's worth having a thread about.

Edited by poor
spoilerrrrrrrrrr

Posted

I like her, she's really informed for her age and I like how she openly states her beliefs to millions of people. I don't really see how shes an SJW but now anytime someone points out something blatantly socially corrupt that makes them an SJW. Anyway, I think she's a great role model for younger girls, especially when everywhere you look there's some big lipped kylie jenner knock off being idolized.

Posted

She's literally so freakin' adorable and precious. Let her be great.

Posted (edited)

Personally don't agree with most of what I've just seen from her Instagram and to me she does come off misinformed/SJW-y.

For example her support of BLM, which I consider to be a regressive movement that just blames white people for everything when they should be trying to improve Black communities; posting pictures of signs saying 'Immigrants make America Great' (Trumps against ILLEGAL UNDOCUMENTED immigrants for obvious reasons); Spreading misinformation e.g. women get payed less than men for the same job; encouraging transgender children when at that age you don't know wtf you are (wait till they're done with puberty and of consenting age); Supporting Planned Parenthood, who's original objective was to make black people sterile (also I'm pro-life, just use contraceptive (abortions because of rape statistically is very low, like 1%)

Screen_Shot_2017-02-27_at_21.29.27.thumb

Also just stuff like this

Screen_Shot_2017-02-27_at_21.26.44.thumb

Screen_Shot_2017-02-27_at_21.41.37.thumb

I was born with clipped wings because I'm a girl? How wtf?

I was saying the same shit when I was her age (15?) until I actually stopped just accepting everything I heard and did research for myself.

Do like her promotion of Standing Rock though :alpacacrush:

Edited by flower

Posted

Screen_Shot_2017-02-27_at_21.41.37.thumb

I was born with clipped wings because I'm a girl? How wtf?

I was saying the same shit when I was her age (15?) until I actually stopped just accepting everything I heard and did research for myself.

Well, Rowan is a teenager... My 14 year old cousin just started exploring feminism and I think that's a good age to be learning more and more about civil rights and social justice, even though the latter is becoming something of a pejorative term.

And I believe the clipped wings thing (despite being fake deep to the max and just cheesy) is more relevant to areas and times where women were at a serious disadvantage. I'm only 21, so I can't speak about women's suffrage, but my mom got into a lot of arguments when she was in grad school because of sexist comments her colleagues would make.

Hell, one of my friends is a grad student completing her PhD in marine biology, and before she began her graduate applications, she was spoken down to by her own advisor after she received a post-bac internship, saying it had little to do with her hard work; she just got it because they needed X number of minorities/women in the program.

Posted (edited)

[Post has been deleted]

Edited by mushroom

Posted

I see no problem with that post.