• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

UGLY SWAN? Late bloomers?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

any late bloomers here? Is it possible to not fully growing into your face past 20 years of age? I feel as though this were my case, I wish I can post photo examples on here but, ya know how it goes. I look drastically different now as a 24 yr old, compared to myself at age 20. I can't seem to pinpoint why other than just being a late bloomer and getting rid of toxic people in my life. 

Are there any late bloomers here as well? Any ugly duckling stories to share? Please come here and inspire others. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/uglyduckling/

check these out too! 

Posted

I'm almost 20 years old and people still confuse me for 15. my chest is very small and you can only tell I have breasts if I take my shirt off :alpacadone:. I'm quite short too. If I lose weight i'll probably have a flat chest! All the women in my family have very full feminine bodies, it's unfair. :stoplz:

Posted (edited)

This is an interesting topic to me because well,
how do I explain this... I used to be fat, ugly and
on top of that I have a very loud and obnoxious
personality (I can live with that lol).

How bad was it?
So bad that there was one time (of many similar times)
where my better looking friend would hug all the guys from
behind and one time I was next to her (the guy can't see us
because we're behind him) and I said something and that
guy yanked my friends hands off him and turned around in
panic.
"HOLY SHIT I THOUGHT IT WAS BETTY (<-myfakename)."

Yes, I know. Tragic.
But now I have lost weight, changed the way I dress and do
my makeup and go to gym a lot and better myself everyday for
my own sake... and those same guys be DMing me and
refollowing me on fb/instagram etc.

I know this is a basic glow up story but it's not made up I swear.
I come from a poor family and ever since I got out of my parents
house and got my own money I could afford to make myself
look more what I have in my mind ya know and choose what
to eat and I can buy whatever clothes I wish for etc.

Edited by OhGee

Posted (edited)

I was a pretty ugly child, imo. I mean, I wouldn't say I'm bombshell gorgeous now, I think I'm average. I put effort into my looks for my partner, and generally attempt to be presentable. I have crazy baby face though, and I doubt I'll ever grow out of it. After high school is when I "bloomed" into better looks thanks to makeup and getting out of those crazy kid phases lol.

(I'm 28 now and look early 20s)

I'm still not good at makeup or fashion... but I'm trying.

Edited by punksu
added age

Posted

I’m a de-bloomer. I was always a pretty girl/one of the prettier girls in the room but over time I just got uglier and uglier. Help.

Posted (edited)

When I was 18 people thought I was 15. At 20 people still thought I was in my early teens but now at 22 I'm often not asked for ID. People seem to be confused by me and can't place my age. I've been told by many people I look young but my vibe is a lot older.

When I was 14~ or around that age I looked my best, I always experimented with looks and had a fun fashion sense and I really took care of myself. Now, I'd say I have a super lame fashion sense and I take care of myself on a bare minimum level. I always wear my hair as natural as possible, no more straighteners, no make up, I wax when I feel like it, I will not wear uncomfortable clothing for the sake of looking good.

Between 17-20 I think I looked my worst. I mean, I really gave no fucks about myself or didn't have time to at least. 

I wish I still had the energy to be a fun person like I used to be, but I'm happy where I'm at right now despite my lame fashion sense. 

Edited by kiwi

Posted (edited)

I was an ugly duckling, until about age 16. Then all of a sudden, I got cute and skinny. I got fat and ugly again once I hit 21. It was fun while it lasted. 

Edited by SadBlythe

Posted

While I feel like my looks have improved since I was a teen I still know I have room for improvement, however dressing more for my figure and growing my hair out definitely helped me get out of my most awkward phase as I used to dress in oversized clothes to hide my lack of chest (I looked slobby) and had an unflattering hair style/length for my face, however I’m glad I did this “experimenting” before so now I know what to avoid like wildfire, amazing how tweaking some things can improve your looks drastically.

I’ve had a lot of struggles with my image as being bullied for years demolished my self confidence so I guess now I want to prove to myself and people that I’ve changed + I’m not as awkward anymore, it’s motivation I guess lol

Posted

I believe I was a late bloomer when I turned 19 last year was when I started seeing improvement my skin started clearing up, I lost all my baby fat in my face, my chest grew bigger. I was a ugly duckling in my early teens to my late teens. 

Posted

Call me a cynic, but that sub r/uglyduckling is full of braggarts.

Anyways I'm a full grown adult ugly duck.

Posted

Was an ugly duckling. I reached my peak in "glorious swan uwuness" when I was about 23-24 and now I am pretty sure I am starting to ugly duckling again.

I was buffed too hard they keep nerfing me now.

Posted (edited)

When I was 17 I had to go to summer school for failing a class and this 13 year old thought I was 13 I was like you know I’m 17 right? I’m  I’m 18 now and my uncle calls me forever 12. I have bad acne and teeeth I’m waiting for my glo up 

Edited by Bambamboozled

Posted

People develope and grow until around the age of 25 (same for the brain). Example, like a girl is slim but by the time she passes the age of 25 she has suddenly "curves" on her body and look more mature. 

Posted (edited)

I was ugly before I hit 21. Like, all her friends look better than her type of girl. I was bullied and had a hard time building friendship with others because of constant abandonment from former friends who didn't want the ugly girl to ruin their reputation. I did gain friends that I still am close to this day but I always envied them for being pretty. Though I didn't show it.  After high school and transferring to another college after my associate's with a friend I hit 21 and my transformation seemed like overnight. Guys were paying attention to me and at first I thought it was because I was ugly but it was the opposite. My friend did get jealous that guys weren't going for her first anymore and we kinda made new friends separately and that was who hung around with most. We are still friends but we are now two very different people. She was they prettiest of my friends and now she struggles to keep relationships and get them. I haven't struggled much at all and even her favorite ex admitted that he should of gone after me instead. I'm just awkward with people hitting on me and I am in a committed relationship and plan to stay that way till we die. (Marryed) Last successful relationship she had, she scared him away because she demanded two boyfriends but they couldn't sleep with anyone else but her. He wanted to stay exclusive with her only but want the same in return. 

Edited by Toxicbetty