• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Aminyan

71 posts in this topic

Posted

Aminyan is a girl from Michigan, currently aged 20 and the "first Black Japanese idol".

p9-baye-z-20170220-e1487496667420-870x64

Twitter
Tumblr/Blog
(Banned) Lolcow thread
Facebook
Instagram

Now as to why I post her, she was featured in an article on Japan Times this week which got her some kind of influx. I've seen her a couple of times over the last years, here on PULL as well and something irks me about her, I just can't put my finger on it. On Lolcow they posted a lot of screenshots of her being rather passive-aggressive to her fans/followers and I'm a bit confused that she's posting mainly in English when she should be targeting her Japanese audience. Also engages in some petty drama on Tumblr now and then which... isn't exactly good for the whole idol image. At the same time she doesn't seem to like Korea/China. She also hasn't had a proper debut (read: CD debut) yet and apparently it's not really happening as planned either. In January she said she thinks about "graduating" (she's been on hiatus from her group for a while to concentrate on her studies)/leaving Japan which was also mentioned in the JT article, but somehow she doesn't give me the vibe of that. She seems to be quite frustrated with her situation because she hasn't reached the idol status she expected.

a.thumb.jpg.5bb7a79ae9ebf32b18e0c406b931

a3.thumb.jpg.56597b90dd373ce42a49732ba65

a2.thumb.jpg.f1a54d9e048d615e96bb892025f

There seems to be quite some drama around her but I couldn't quite follow it properly, so I'm wondering what you guys think of her.

Posted

She's cute, she might have an attitude but I don't see anything totally scandalous, I don't have anything negative thoughts about her for now (I'm kinda tired so maybe I'm just not looking hard enough) Being an idol in Japan isn't easy though, a lot of idols just come and go in waves- and don't live in the glory for too long. However, she'll probably still go down in history for being the first black American idol? 

I actually hope she does well and isn't problematic.

Posted

I've seen some mentions of her around PULL but I've known about her for a while. I really liked her drive and her motivation to be an idol, and she's really cute. Although, I heard a few things about her being sus. 

Posted (edited)

I haven't watched the whole thing but I can't decide whether I find her amusing or fcking annoying... possibly both.

This just reminds me of those youtube girls who pretend to be dumb weebs to get views.

Edited by roska
ok sorry; I suck at adding videos and spoilering them

Posted

I haven't watched the whole thing but I can't decide whether I find her amusing or fcking annoying... possibly both.

This just reminds me of those youtube girls who pretend to be dumb weebs to get views.

i feel so bad for saying this for some reason but this type of cringe made me lose control of my body

tumblr_m66s83LVTI1qlvwnco1_400.thumb.gif

But overall her Looks etc are ADORABLE. they look amazing on her.

Posted

I don't really find her that scandalous? The tumblr drama was pretty typical, she's at least proven she can stand up for herself.

Whether she's going to be a successful idol or not is a different topic completely though. I honestly think it's unlikely especially with the way her management seems to be doing things. Also seems like she's second guessing her choices so that doesn't help either.

Posted

Personally I love Aminyan. I've always kinda hated the whole Japanese idol industry but I love her.

She is one of the few people in Japan who doesn't seem to sugarcoat anything at all which I respect her a ton for doing. If you follow her tumblr she has no problem being honest and telling people the bad things about living in Japan (whereas all the jvloggers and such will only convince you that Japan is a magical happy place).

Also, to correct somethings @Qualle has said in her intro:

- Where did you get the impression she doesn't like Korea or China? I've seen her mention liking kpop and watching Korean beauty youtubers on tumblr before so I'm pretty sure she doesn't hate Korea atleast.

- She technically has debuted as an idol already, Chick girls will just be doing an "major" debut.

I'll probably take a screen shot of her latest idol update and post it here for reference later but to explain her hiatus and frustration as an idol:

- She explained she has part time jobs for money and uni work to do outside of idol stuff and she took a hiatus since being too busy as an idol was jeopardizing her grades.

- Someone close to her died (?... she didn't want to talk about it which is understandable).

- and apparently the chick girls managment is extremely terrible, she said they kept changing the major debut date and even now doesn't even know when it will happen and she seems very fed up with them. (Recently she also implied she might be leaving them for another company too?...)

(I apologize in advance if it seems I'm a bit biased towards her.)

Posted

following to keep up on her :alpacabored:

Posted

She's very cute and honestly, it's nice to see nonwhite people doing cool things in the Jfashion community. I hope she doesn't fuck up and do something extremely weebish/horrible because she could inspire other people and make a shitton of cheddar.

Posted

oh my GOD. *major eye roll*

Posted (edited)

Yeah Armana Japan Just reposted The JT artical on their blog but i personally could care less about her i think she comes across as rude and arrogant  I personally not a fan but good for her for following her dreams and making in japan

there was a Lol cow thread on her and her misdeeds but in the J-aidoru forum i found these 

All were screen caps from her Gravure DVD and there more but these are all  that i saved or was willing to save

de_jean_2.thumb.jpg.2957bfe8e392870115fcde_jean_3.thumb.jpg.beacb1c21e6568f3b3cc

de_jean_4.thumb.jpg.79191ca2078f6ad0c634

de_jean.thumb.jpg.f49898b5ca9e6c3738f10f

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Yeah Armana Japan Just reposted The JT artical on their blog but i personally could care less about her i think she comes across as rude and arrogant  I personally not a fan but good for her for following her dreams and making in japan

there was a Lol cow thread on her and her misdeeds but in the J-aidoru forum i found these 

All were screen caps from her Gravure DVD and there more but these are all  that i saved or was willing to save

Hidden Content

Wow, she did say she made some soft por/bikini videos but... that's a pretty shady video apparently. Now I'm not watching those videos because they're usually boring and long and the music sucks, but considering she still is an idol, that's not exactly helping her innocent image as idol.

Which is probably also what's bothering me about her. Being blunt and direct and all is nice for us Westerners but it's not what people want from an idol in Japan. Unless she really wants to fill a niche. Idols are supposed to be sweet and innocent and most of the time submissive as well. Not saying that's good and nice but that's the way she chose to go and while she's on hiatus right now, it would probably affect her if they're having a CD debut because people tend to dig out your old accounts.

About the Korea/China thing, I found this on Lolcow but honestly didn't dig any further.

1460349021295.thumb.png.7f704027b7e88dc8

Posted

Wow, she did say she made some soft por/bikini videos but... that's a pretty shady video apparently. Now I'm not watching those videos because they're usually boring and long and the music sucks, but considering she still is an idol, that's not exactly helping her innocent image as idol.

Which is probably also what's bothering me about her. Being blunt and direct and all is nice for us Westerners but it's not what people want from an idol in Japan. Unless she really wants to fill a niche. Idols are supposed to be sweet and innocent and most of the time submissive as well. Not saying that's good and nice but that's the way she chose to go and while she's on hiatus right now, it would probably affect her if they're having a CD debut because people tend to dig out your old accounts.

About the Korea/China thing, I found this on Lolcow but honestly didn't dig any further.

1460349021295.thumb.png.7f704027b7e88dc8

No but she on the fence about leaving Japan about it even thoug i found this article saying she might make another "Gravure" dvd https://medium.com/@aminadujean/how-i-became-japans-1st-black-bikini-idol-5125f69afd2c#.tgkrsc6qc  

also what is she on about?black men get stop in america there are still places that do stop and frisk and there is racisim in japan it might not be a problem as it was year ago but just becauses she hasn't encounter it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

What the fuck does being feminine and having straight black hair has to do with anything if they wanted to stop you they would have they are just waiting for her to slip up  and yeah japan has a problem with white people cuz the moslty think they are ignorant to the culture 

about asian being racist to blacks if we are counting all of the asian population (incuding indians like she seem to forgot)  Then its on a case by case bases. Idk what her experiance was with korean and chinese people but not all are racist.

I get that she want to come off as intellegent and knowlegebe about race in japan but here she comes across as well stupid.

Posted

I'm willing to look at Amina from an unbiased perspective but the last two posters seem kind of salty which is a reoccurring thing in Amina threads. Besides her being a little weird she doesn't seem nefarious or "rude" at all outside of standing up for herself.

fairyduster judging by your grammar you don't seem very intelligent yourself.

That so called "racist" post against Koreans and Chinese wasn't hardly racist. It was anecdotal but it wasn't "anti Korean /Chinese". Reminder these countries still allow blackface on TV. Amina has talked about the problems Koreans and Chinese face by rude Japanese people before. She obviously just has a nuanced PoV IMHO.

as for her DVD I'm all for laughing at cringe things but she isn't really a liar because she promoted the DVD herself and tells people about it. It may not be your cup of tea but idols in Japan do those DVDs all. The.time.

i know I'm going to come off as a white knight but I've looked in every Amina thread but outside of a few sarcastic tweets and some dry humor I have yet to see where she's rude or "racist". If someone has the proof I'm all ears. Please post it. But for right now I'm convinced a few of the homely girls that posted about her on Facebook or people like Micky or Himeka who went to lolcow on her, just have vendetta. 

No but she on the fence about leaving Japan about it even thoug i found this article saying she might make another "Gravure" dvd https://medium.com/@aminadujean/how-i-became-japans-1st-black-bikini-idol-5125f69afd2c#.tgkrsc6qc  

also what is she on about?black men get stop in america there are still places that do stop and frisk and there is racisim in japan it might not be a problem as it was year ago but just becauses she hasn't encounter it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

What the fuck does being feminine and having straight black hair has to do with anything if they wanted to stop you they would have they are just waiting for her to slip up  and yeah japan has a problem with white people cuz the moslty think they are ignorant to the culture 

about asian being racist to blacks if we are counting all of the asian population (incuding indians like she seem to forgot)  Then its on a case by case bases. Idk what her experiance was with korean and chinese people but not all are racist.

I get that she want to come off as intellegent and knowlegebe about race in japan but here she comes across as well stupid.

>feminine >straight black hair

if she had unnaturally colored hair(blue for example)natural kinky Afro hair, and dressed unfeminine (Japan is VERY conservative) this would make her a bigger target for cops. it's a weird point but I get what she's saying. She's just saying Japan isn't wonderland and has problems like everywhere else. Who would have a problem with this besides some 14 year old weeb ?

Posted

Oh this girl....Good for her for following her dreams but I honestly feel she shouldn't talk about certain topics she has little to no clue about it makes her come off as arrogant.