• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

286 posts in this topic

Posted

Literally searched her up on this forum just to hear people's opinion about this. I am 100% Chinese and when I first saw this post I saw it was like, a changed version of the Chinese QiPao. After reading through some of the comments, I agree that it could also be a variation of the Vietnamese Ao dai. Nevertheless, personally, I find this a little disrespectful and frankly kind of disturbing. No Asian woman would be caught dead changing their dress to this. But hey, it is her life, and she can dress however she wants. If she thinks this looks exotic and cool, then she can wear it. But to wear it to a sacred Japanese location? I mean sure she didn't really show her bottom inside like she did in this photo, but why did she choose this to wear? If she really has any idea of her culture and really does love her heritage and everything, shouldn't she know a thing or two about why other women wouldn't dress like this?? It really seems like she has no idea of any history, values, traditions or customs of her 'beloved culture'. Furthermore, the way she replies to her followers when they try to say how they felt was so rude. None of her followers swore or anything at her, in fact, most of them all started with "I love you but.. I just feel..." to make sure that no glass hearts are broken but she replied with "try again sweetie" and put up "Bitches be hating but still be following" on her story (which she deleted after couple hours). That just shows how she is so incapable of caring for other people's feelings without getting butthurt. If the American girl Keziah got backlashed so much for wearing a dress that was not of her culture to the wrong location, then Nikita is the exact same. I don't really see why she should get away without, especially with that attitude. 

y.png

I completely agree. I see her outfit as being more inspired by qipao than ao dai due to the material, but truthfully her dress was made to be "oriental" and sexy. This is not how a person shows respect for their culture. I don't understand tourists that go to countries not willing to learn beforehand what is acceptable there. It's so disrespectful. To use her race/ethnicity as an excuse doesn't make it okay either. Im half asian too, but no matter who you are, dressing like that to a sacred place is just messed up.

Posted

Has anybody else seen her latest instagram stories with the chopsticks in her hair? The japanese people she claims to be so connected with, would stare in disbelief if she had been running around Tokyo with chopsticks as a hair accessory! (Just as they did when she went full tits out Cosplay.)

Also I just don‘t get it? Why does each and every single one of her outfits needs to be slutty? It‘s either lacking fabric at the boobs, butt or other pretty private areas? You can dress up in a creative and unique way without showing everyone absolutely everything?

Posted

I'm surprised no one started a discussion on it yet but she's been receiving backlash on an outfit she wore to a shrine in Japan. It showed a lot of her lower parts. She says the dress could be changed to cover her lower half, but I still find it inappropriate. I've seen comments defending her by saying, it's "her culture". I'm not even sure what this outfit even is supposed to be inspired by. I'm assuming qipao by the fabric. I understand that Nikita is half asian (Vietnamese and Japanese)..but how does that make this outfit okay 🤔? Tbh a lot of her outfits while in Japan made me raise an eyebrow. 

Screenshot_20180527-200857.jpg

Screenshot_20180527-202256.jpg

Is she part Japanese? all the information I've seen says she's just Viet/ Mexican, and unfortunately it's not unusual for SE Asian people to claim East Asian heritage online (Berry Tsukasa for instance) because it's seen as being cooler than being from Vietnam/ the Philippines or whatever. I just think that the whole thing at the temple is so disrespectful, most shrines I've been to don't really like people doing whole photoshoots there without permission (though I guess at Meiji Jingu they might be used to it). and even if her dress did close at the bottom, there's still her friend who has her cleavage/ legs out. 

Did she actually do anything to try and gain a deeper understanding of Japanese culture? or did she just visit famous tourist spots and go shopping? 

Posted

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I am shocked that she is receiving little to no backlash for the gross comments she has said about pedophilia and child abuse (which I found to be the worst of the irrelevant foursome). And I find it even more disgusting that people are defending her atrocious comments and that she used the fact that she was just "a 15 year old confused boy" before she transitioned to justify it. Her "apology" was just as bad and insincere as Logan Paul's "apology" which was just filled with praising themselves and not really addressing the actual issue at hand . The fact that she praised herself in an apology, is remaining silent about the issue, and used the fact that she trans to excuse herself really shows her character. I honestly really had no big issues with her before all this mess, but she really deserves way more backlash than she's getting. She does not deserve the support she's getting right now. 

Posted

I know this thread is pretty much dead, but I am shocked that she is receiving little to no backlash for the gross comments she has said about pedophilia and child abuse (which I found to be the worst of the irrelevant foursome). And I find it even more disgusting that people are defending her atrocious comments and that she used the fact that she was just "a 15 year old confused boy" before she transitioned to justify it. Her "apology" was just as bad and insincere as Logan Paul's "apology" which was just filled with praising themselves and not really addressing the actual issue at hand . The fact that she praised herself in an apology, is remaining silent about the issue, and used the fact that she trans to excuse herself really shows her character. I honestly really had no big issues with her before all this mess, but she really deserves way more backlash than she's getting. She does not deserve the support she's getting right now. 

i agree! also she said that the tweets were fake AFTER she gives that half-ass apology about how she's literally not the same person blah blah blah, it's not about that sis! fucking own up to it. her bff gabby had a 40 minute apology but i doubt nikita will do that. gabby never mentioned what nikita has said of jeffree either so we don't know yet if manny&laura are just as toxic as her. gabby only mentioned how manny+laura would always talk about jstar.

i just knew there was something off with her. perhaps fame hungry?

Posted

I think Nikita's behaviour gives a lot of food for thought.

Gabriel mentioned that she was the first one to point out the obvious shade in his tweet and the problems it may cause. However she stayed silent during that "brain storm" Manny held on the airplane, so it is not entirely clear if she supported the idea. Nikita also never really addressed the situation in general.
It's like she's trying to avoid the drama at all costs, but it is impossible now, because all the others have already posted their "apologies", therefore subscribers are waiting for her to finally speak up. If she will just post another make up tutorial on her channel, there will be a riot in the comment section. Girl should better make up her mind soon.

Posted

honestly im so pissed at the tweets of hers like how can you make such a comment towards child abuse and pedophilia, its just fucking disgusting. and when she had to apologize, she basically said shes a changed person, yeah but okay, still? apologize and move on and when shit started get heated, of course half assed apology was written. i know she was like 15? (i suppose) but it just makes me mad as someone who was abused once as a child to read that.

Posted

Is she part Japanese? all the information I've seen says she's just Viet/ Mexican, and unfortunately it's not unusual for SE Asian people to claim East Asian heritage online (Berry Tsukasa for instance) because it's seen as being cooler than being from Vietnam/ the Philippines or whatever. I just think that the whole thing at the temple is so disrespectful, most shrines I've been to don't really like people doing whole photoshoots there without permission (though I guess at Meiji Jingu they might be used to it). and even if her dress did close at the bottom, there's still her friend who has her cleavage/ legs out. 

Did she actually do anything to try and gain a deeper understanding of Japanese culture? or did she just visit famous tourist spots and go shopping? 

I've only heard that she's Mexican/Viet and from what I've seen so far. She seem like she's more connected or close to her Mexican heritage than her Asian heritage. I hardly ever see her represent Viet people or culture but have seen her wear a Selena shirt, talk about being latina/mexican or talk about her mom who is Mexican like post pictures of her or selfies of them together. Her siblings also seem/look way more Viet than Mexican and all have Viet last names as well as follow Viet traditions.

Screen_Shot_2018-08-27_at_2.49.43_AM.thu

(Above is a photo of her and some of her siblings, her sister is wearing a traditional Vietnamese Ao Dai wedding dress and headgear. Also I just noticed right now that their mom and dad are also in the background.)

I could be reaching but I personally feel like she doesn't care much for her Asian side or Viet side and this video is the most 'Asian' thing she has posted that I have personally seen so far. Unfortunately, it was done in poor taste. I agree it was very inappropriate to dress the way she did, even if it was just for a moment so she could do her photoshoot. There's a time and a place for everything and I feel like this wasn't the place for such a photoshoot. It's a given or common sense that when you enter sacred grounds (temple, church, mosque, etc) there are certain rules that you should abide to such as appropriate attires.

**Also, though Vietnam is considered geographically South East Asian, culturally Vietnam is East Asian.**

Posted

Y’all I dislike Nikita so much for so many reasons, first of all she openly pushes her plastic surgery and fake body as the norm despite her young audience and is always encouraging that kind of lifestyle on her social media. Secondly she went to Japan dressing provacitively inside the religious temples and generally just being disrespectful to everyone there. She was cultural appropriating so bad and spent the entire time bragging about how Japanese she is despite the fact that she is actually Hispanic and Chinese, put on a bunch of cosplay and fake “sexy” outfits that mock Asian culture yet claims how “closely connected she is to that culture”.... she’s a huge snowflake and walks and talks like a wannabe Kardashian when in reality nobody knows her outside the youtube beauty community 

Posted

Y’all I dislike Nikita so much for so many reasons, first of all she openly pushes her plastic surgery and fake body as the norm despite her young audience and is always encouraging that kind of lifestyle on her social media. Secondly she went to Japan dressing provacitively inside the religious temples and generally just being disrespectful to everyone there. She was cultural appropriating so bad and spent the entire time bragging about how Japanese she is despite the fact that she is actually Hispanic and Chinese, put on a bunch of cosplay and fake “sexy” outfits that mock Asian culture yet claims how “closely connected she is to that culture”.... she’s a huge snowflake and walks and talks like a wannabe Kardashian when in reality nobody knows her outside the youtube beauty community 

She really does act like she's the shit. In a James Charles's video of him going in disguise to Beauty Con, he was trying to approach Nikita and her manager was so unreasonably aggressive. Nikita isn't even a big shot, so I don't understand why her manager was acting like she was getting mobbed? It also gets on my nerves how she acts like everyone wants her crusty ass white men, like we really don't lmao. And her pandering to kpop/bts fans is another level of cringe. 

Posted

why does every time she posts a picture with a guy she tags him with "don't even try" 

Posted

...what's wrong with her chest? It looks so botched... She couldn't find a different plastic surgeon or?

Posted

What's the context of her pedophilia remarks?!

Honestly the only reason I knew of her is because of her corny tags when in pics with white guys like "back off" "he" "is" "mine" and how people in the community laughed at her for basically being a pick me about it