• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor R - videos

9308 posts in this topic

Posted

I like some of her videos because some of them aren't that bad

But this one...

I could not get past 1 minute. Again, I want to grab her by the shoulders and shake her, and tell her, 'Show don't tell'. She is speaking and monologue-ing in the worst way more frequently. She just records herself talking - why not voice over instead? Of course she has a very stiff voice over voice... Perhaps talk to the camera and input more images, use the audio from that to voice over? (Kind of like what Mimei and several other Jvloggers have done. Not even just Jvloggers. Just vlogs in general)

I don't know what exactly she could do but these are a few ideas to keep her videos under 20 fucking minutes of buying a slow cooker pot.

Posted

New vid! And what the heck is happen? :'D maybe copyrights? 

Screenshot_2017-03-10-19-40-36-912_com.google.android.youtube.png

Screenshot_2017-03-10-19-40-42-407_com.google.android.youtube.png

Posted

maybe she realized her hair looked thin like Dakota's there and deleted it :/ 

for real tho, I thought it might have been cause you're on mobile and sometimes it won't play vids, but it's really gone, huh.

Posted

:happee:

Screenshot_2017-03-10-19-46-19-223_com.twitter.android.png

Posted

That thumbnail looks awful, I have no idea why she cut her face out like that, especially her lips.

Posted (edited)

New vid! And what the heck is happen? :'D maybe copyrights? 

Screenshot_2017-03-10-19-40-36-912_com.google.android.youtube.png

Screenshot_2017-03-10-19-40-42-407_com.google.android.youtube.png

I watched it before it got copyrighted but.. I actually really really enjoyed it. It was really easy to see that she wasn't trying to be serious and was just having fun messing around with sewing. And oh man, the plot twist near the end got me laughing. The ending was the best. It was like breland but you could tell she wasn't being serious (and she wasn't making gross jokes like breland) 

Edited by Cherrypopper

Posted (edited)

I'm not a fan of Taylor and I hate most of her videos (except the DIYs) but I like this one. Doing something she likes really changes the atmosphere of her video. I find it refreshing. Rosie's so cute as well. Hope she does more of this.

Edited by bugfy

Posted

It's up again. The beginning annoys me a lot tbh, she has really no comedic timing at all...

"I'm not a person to go to classes" We know. That's why you never learned Japanese.

I know she didn't mean that video all too serious, but as an (ex-) cosplayer, this just... well. I don't know. I know enough people who actually made a Belle cosplay (not the movie version but) and it's been so, so much work. She did mention Jenna Marbles at the beginnging and it feels like this is exactly that. Just another copy of other people. In the end it's just a waste of money with that end result and her doing whatever she wants instead of properly following some instructions and sewing patterns (a circle skirt is really the easiest anyone can sew). Rosie's costume was cute though.

But I guess if people enjoyed it, it's better than the vlogs at least :alpacawink:

Posted

It's up again. The beginning annoys me a lot tbh, she has really no comedic timing at all...

"I'm not a person to go to classes" We know. That's why you never learned Japanese.

I know she didn't mean that video all too serious, but as an (ex-) cosplayer, this just... well. I don't know. I know enough people who actually made a Belle cosplay (not the movie version but) and it's been so, so much work. She did mention Jenna Marbles at the beginnging and it feels like this is exactly that. Just another copy of other people. In the end it's just a waste of money with that end result and her doing whatever she wants instead of properly following some instructions and sewing patterns (a circle skirt is really the easiest anyone can sew). Rosie's costume was cute though.

But I guess if people enjoyed it, it's better than the vlogs at least :alpacawink:

some people do things differently instead of doing sewing patterns like Marzia taught herself how to sew and make clothes and she says that in some of her videos. Plus Taylor wasn't being serious so it would've been a waste for her to go to a class. Under other circumstances I agree with what you said thou 

Posted

some people do things differently instead of doing sewing patterns like Marzia taught herself how to sew and make clothes and she says that in some of her videos. Plus Taylor wasn't being serious so it would've been a waste for her to go to a class. Under other circumstances I agree with what you said thou 

I just think that it would have been a lot easier for her to use a sewing pattern at least to get the form of the dress and not just sew stuff together that she probably will throw away because it's useless like that. For me, it's wasted like that, she could have easily put in some more effort and make it an actual dress to wear later this year on Halloween.

I probably wouldn't be that picky about it, if I didn't know that it's gonna end in the trash or at least never worn again.

Posted

:happee:

Screenshot_2017-03-10-19-46-19-223_com.twitter.android.png

Maybe one day she'll learn not to use copyrighted music.  She's had so many strikes in the past.

Posted (edited)

AMAZING tutorial!!! WOW gotta MAKE IT RN

Edited by xohi
/sarcasm

Posted

Rosie's costume is too cute! :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

Maybe one day she'll learn not to use copyrighted music.  She's had so many strikes in the past.

It's weird that she doesn't get in trouble with the copyrights thou'. I know that your Youtube reputation (if you are a partner) goes down after every copyright strike meaning they won't advertise your videos no more. At least that's with copyrighted footage. Not sure about the music thou'...

Posted

It's weird that she doesn't get in trouble with the copyrights thou'. I know that your Youtube reputation (if you are a partner) goes down after every copyright strike meaning they won't advertise your videos no more. At least that's with copyrighted footage. Not sure about the music thou'...

I found this on google support.  It feels like she's had more than three though.

copyright.thumb.png.6502ba603d1ffb35d9a1