• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

Taylor R - videos

9308 posts in this topic

Posted

Tbh, I got a little emotionnal at the beginning of the video because... animal healths is a tought subject to me... but then, she ends up at Lush and eating pricey salad and whatever and I felt a little like ... played? Like, even if the surgery went well, the little trip to Lush could have waited another video. 

And that's actually something to bothers me about her videos. Like, you have a video and a title, but the title convey only 10% of the video and you don't know what the rest will be about. Personnally, I watch YT videos in the morning when I dress up and put make up on, so I decide what I watch while keeping in mind the time I have. If you scroll through Taylor's video, it's very difficult to get what the videos are about and personnaly I don't have 20 min to waste to check and then realize that's not what I was looking for.

I don't know if what I say makes sense, but I'd like to know the content beforehands and not some very mysterious title "in this video I do something !!! WOAH"

Posted

Could anyone fill me in, but was Rosie adopted in America or in Japan?

I'm not defending taylor and trust me, I really hate that she is using her dog as click bait too, but if Rosie was adopted in Japan then I kinda understand why she was adopted from a breeder and not a shelter. I don't really think animal shelters are that common in Japan?

In their case they were adopting a cat but using Rachel and Jun as an example: when they wanted to get a cat they looked into shelters and adopting from other people but in the end, had to resort to going to a pet shop (which seems to be the common thing to do in Japan).

I understand that people in the comments are yelling at her for getting a dog from a breeder, but I really think it should be noted that where she is currently living the "norm" is to just go out and buy one of those "kawaii" tiny dogs from a breeder/petshop. Even if she wanted to adopt a dog it would have been extremely difficult/almost impossible.

I think she got her in HK? 

Posted

This whole video was so bizarre 

First it's the fact that she made a whole vlog about the day of her dog's surgery; I dunno, the fact that she picked that format (instead of a quick sit-down explanation video, for example) rubs me kinda weird? I mean, I absolutely feel her for being worried and scared for her dog. But to interpose shots of her crying between speed ups of her lunch and shopping trip to Lush is so dissonant it kinda borders on funny. 

I also don't get why she weighs the breeder's opinion with the same importance as the one of the vet. I admit I am absolutely clueless when it comes to animal care (my experience goes as far as sea monkeys), but at the end of the day wouldn't a vet know much more than a breeder? Maybe I'm just ignorant. 

Combine all this with the clickbait title and the whole thing comes off as incredibly phony. I don't doubt her sincerity and love for her dog; this day was probably very hard on her, and I also understand she makes part of her living off youtube. But damn girl, this is the welfare of an animal we're talking about. 

Posted

I have very mixed feelings about all of this. I am directly involved in the veterinary field myself so I give her kudos for ignoring her breeder and getting the surgery done. You would be surprised how many owners throw that in our face when it comes to really important stuff like anesthesia etc. So I am happy she did it! 

The part about it not being genetically linked or having a relation to size is absolutely wrong. I have no clue where the vet got that from. It's the opposite from what all of my mentors have told me. Probably just trying to get her to feel better. Luxating patellas is also kind it'd considered a minor thing too. It's a low risk surgery ( as with any surgery though anesthesia can be dangerous) so I think she is playing that up. And yeah this entire video is just not my style at all but this is taylor.

Posted

Rosie was adopted from Taiwan via http://www.teddybearmommy.com 

Alleged proof:

https://lolcow.farm/snow/src/1457859783814.jpg

Sorry, but nothing about this website says responsible breeder to me. It looks sketchy as fuck.

Ugh this website gave me the creeps. Treating these little animals like they're toys, it's disgusting to say the least. I feel so bad for all the animals involved in this bullshit. Can all humans just go extinct already

Posted

I have to agree with others and say that this video rubbed me the wrong way. Imagine if Rosie had actually died in the duration that Taylor had been filming? I wonder how much she'd try to milk out of that situation. She should have put up a short explanation video before the surgery and spent some quality time away from cameras with Rosie.

Posted (edited)

new video : 

the bloody hell taylor dont squeeze the dog too much ....

Edited by RosieRose

Posted

Alleged proof:

Sorry, but nothing about this website says responsible breeder to me. It looks sketchy as fuck.

Why the hell would anyone import a dog?? Honestly, if this is true, she's a horrible human. While Japan isn't exactly great about breeding and everything, it surely would have been better to adopt a puppy from one of the thousands of pet shops in Japan. How stressful it must have been for the poor dog to travel from Taiwan to HK/Japan, wherever she was at that time...

Posted (edited)

@Serenity mentioned about where Rosie was purchased, if she was purchased in Japan or even China, it is very common for them to sell small or teacup breeds because there isn't enough room for large dogs in the apartments in the city (Bubzbeauty being an example who has a Pom and small Poodle) and are easy to get hold of. Secondly, yes maybe she did buy Rosie to begin with because she was oh-so kawaii but bear in mind that she has had her for 3 years now and as @‌rieaku said, pets go from being something cute and photo-worthy to being a family member, so I don't doubt that Taylor doesn't absolutely adore her dog because it seems that she does on a stronger level than 'my kawaii prop'; no doubt she does use her for fame to a degree though because even I won't deny that Rosie is cute and a lot of other people think so too but I think her love for the dog extends further than that. She's paying for this animal to get major surgery, if she didn't care enough about her then she could've just got her put down and popped to one of the many other pet shops and purchased another small breed that's cute.

It's fine to purchase from a registered breeder because they usually take good care of their dogs and get them checked, but you need to do your research on the breeder because being registered doesn't make them trustworthy. There are plenty of puppy mills who are registered and look professional but most people are ignorant to the finer details that separates a breeder from a puppy mill. This could've been the case with Taylor, it catches out a lot of people.

If all dogs are capable of getting this health issue then no one can really blame her for that just because she got a teacup breed; it's like saying it's her fault for getting a dog with cancer when all breeds can get it. Sorry, dumb argument. EDIT: And yes I AM aware that teacup breeds aren't official breeds and are only bred to look that way and suffer with health problems, but in this case I think it's different because Rosie's health issue is unrelated to the fact she is a teacup.

I have no idea why she was trying to weigh the breeder's word against the vet's word. A breeder is a breeder, they are not medically qualified enough to tell you such things; the breeder was simply saying that because Rosie is a small breed then it is best not to operate on her if you can because she might not survive being put under anaesthesia, that's just general advice not a direct order that if you do operate on her then she will die so don't do it or else. Taylor should've just gone straight with the vet's decision of her being okay and that it was needed in order to prevent Rosie from being crippled later in life, why she dawdled on that decision is beyond me.

No doubt about it though she definitely used Rosie for click bait which does disgust me, it was completely unnecessary and she garnered sympathy from it even though she knew Rosie was going to be fine when she posted the last vlog. I do want to note though that what YTer doesn't use clickbait these days?? EVERY YTer does it, so we can hardly blame her for doing it though it would be good if she at least made a title that was to do with the majority of her vlog.

Edited by TheObserver

Posted

Sometimes people put absolute trust in the breeders they get their animals from because that breeder claims to know everything about the breed. Some people will even go as far as to think because this breeder has been breeding the animal for years that they know whats better for the animal rather then a Vet. 

I am however proud that she didn't settle with any vet and shopped around for one that she felt was the right one for Rosie ( ie : one that has dealt with teacup breeds and has done multi surgeries related to what Rosie had ). I truly wish she would not hold/pick up Rosie so much as it may seem like she's relieving Rosie's stress, but in actuality it can cause even more stress. ANIMALS ARE NOT CHILDREN, coddling/smothering them is not what rids them of pain or stress.  Hugging or occasionally snuggling your animal is fine, smothering is BAD and will likely cause stress. Most pet owners know that animals don't normally show stress/pain, its a natural instinct to hide it. This is my issue with tea cup breeds is that because they're small the owners always smother them and carry them around like a purse. 

Posted

Alleged proof:

I don't even think this place (necessarily) looks sketchy, it just gives off the feeling that it's sketchy.  It just looks like this breeder is treating the dogs as accessories, especially by dressing them up. This gives off the impression that they may use harmful breeding techniques. Obviously none of us can know for 100% sure, but it sure looks like that. 

Regardless of where she got Rosie, Rosie is still a living dog that needs attention and a good home. Taylor is providing that for her, although she treats Rosie like an accessory and I'm pretty sure only takes her out of the house because of the attention she gets from other people about Rosie. 

I have very mixed feelings about all of this. I am directly involved in the veterinary field myself so I give her kudos for ignoring her breeder and getting the surgery done. You would be surprised how many owners throw that in our face when it comes to really important stuff like anesthesia etc. So I am happy she did it! 

The part about it not being genetically linked or having a relation to size is absolutely wrong. I have no clue where the vet got that from. It's the opposite from what all of my mentors have told me. Probably just trying to get her to feel better. Luxating patellas is also kind it'd considered a minor thing too. It's a low risk surgery ( as with any surgery though anesthesia can be dangerous) so I think she is playing that up. And yeah this entire video is just not my style at all but this is taylor.

The surgery IS low risk. The only reason Taylor should have been worried about the surgery is because of Rosie's size, which she claims has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the health problem (we all know that's b.s.). So basically she played it up way too much for views and probably pity or sympathy.  It seriously bugs me that she's using Rosie for attention like that. If no one has seen her instagram photo about Rosie's surgery, it's basically Taylor saying something really vague and then making you click through her bio link to the youtube video to actually know what's going on. That's basically proof that she's using it for views.

Posted

seriously, no one is saying she's heartless and doesn't care about her dog. but she is kind shitty and selfish to use her for views, and, no matter how much certain people try to justify buying dogs, i'm sorry but a dog can live in an apartment no matter how small it is if you provide it with enough exercise meaning walks, runs, depending on the dogs needs. so yeah, i'm sure she cares about Rosie but she's still a selfish person who cared more about her comfort than the fact that she's supporting the practice of breeding more inbred and sickly dogs.  :beardo: but kawaii is lyfe yo, so it's all good. (also, yes, the biggest risk is the anesthetic cause small dogs take being put under worse than large breeds, just fyi :) )

Posted

I'm glad that she does love Rosie, just not impressed with the fact that she plays her viewers into watching her videos + feeling sorry for her.
 Part of me hopes this wasn't her intention...

On a side note, she looks really refreshing and pretty in this video - away from the annoying cupid's bow and lenses. I think she would grab more attention if she were to wear ordinary eyeliner and lipstick. She has good skin and features - no need for the annoying Koti getup.

I agree with what other members said about her style; if she wore a toned down girly style or something more urban, it would really suit her and enhance her appearance, as in body, height and neck. I'm sure she wouldn't listen, though.

Ahh, her Tiffany's key necklace. I'm so jealous, I could just die to have one of those. They're gorgeous :alpacacrush:

So glad little Rosie is all okay.

Posted

Something I noticed from her last vlog is that the first minute of her videos (recording places, someone doing his job, plants, the sky...) is inspired by KUWTK. I thought it was her idea but nope. Anyways, I like it sooooo I don't really care, just pointing this out.