• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

8217 posts in this topic

Posted

why does her t-shirts always look so cheap like they're bought from namdaemun market or smth............ sry i rlly can't with her dressing. 

Posted

why does her t-shirts always look so cheap like they're bought from namdaemun market or smth............ sry i rlly can't with her dressing. 

Well some cheap stuff can be good quality... And some expensive stuff can be terrible quality. Yknow. Hit and miss.

Posted

that's probably because it's cheap. I never got her fashion sense when I would watch her clothing haul. I just found the fit of the clothing to be unflattering (she's a Korean girl in Korea.. it should be easier to find clothes than In America) and the material of the clothing looked cheap. 

Posted

i don't think she got a nose job cuz if she does, her nose would actually looks slimmer and more proportionate ? but i guess it just looks off maybe cuz of how she contours it?

I didn't really mean that she got a nose job (poor wording on my part) - I just think it looks off on her face. When I saw her at Edward's meet and greet, I was a little surprised at how strange it looked.

Either way, I'm surprised Joan used a clay mask every day during her stay in New York. Seeing as how she presents herself as someone knowledgeable in skincare, wouldn't it be obvious that she'd be breaking out if she's exfoliating every day on top of not drinking much water?

Posted

Either way, I'm surprised Joan used a clay mask every day during her stay in New York. Seeing as how she presents herself as someone knowledgeable in skincare, wouldn't it be obvious that she'd be breaking out if she's exfoliating every day on top of not drinking much water?

it's so obvious that you shouldn't use a clay mask every day, it dries that hack out of your skin. I think it's just an excuse for not drinking much water, so that her subscribes wouldn't think that she made a mistake on using the clay mask everyday.

Posted

^exactly. doesn't joan has dry skin? i rmb she mentioned before that she has really really dry skin. why would she need to use a clay mask everyday? that's really weird. if anything, she should be using a moisturizing mask. i dont think u need to be a skincare professional to know this. its quite common sense imo.

Well some cheap stuff can be good quality... And some expensive stuff can be terrible quality. Yknow. Hit and miss.

some cheap stuff can look expensive and nice, for joan's case i'm not sure if her t-shirts are cheap or expensive, but either way they look cheap.

i feel like her brother is more entertaining and people seem to like her brother more, which is probably why she kept using her brother in her videos. yknw getting him to do his skincare routine, to edit her vlog (for what?).... 

Posted (edited)

I think thats better than youtubers who use  their baby to get views . At least her brother can verbally give conscent. 

I personally loved her brothers skincare routine video because it was funny and I just loved how he just said things that you'd never hear in a typical skincare routine video on YouTube 

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

I think she watches wengie, the way she tied her hair up and put her hand under her chin. Looks like she is copying wengie. Her white blouse looks like a pajamas shirt from today's vlog.

Posted

I am so confused as to why vloggers, including Joan, have shots of their feet or shots of them walking. Congratulations, you've mastered walking. Such an unnecessary shot. I can understand time lapses and whatnot, but I just don't get those. Mini-rant over. 

Posted

^maybe she wanted to fill up her vlogs, because she doesn't have enough footages to make it look longer for her subscribers to watch.

Posted

I think thats better than youtubers who use  their baby to get views . At least her brother can verbally give conscent. 

I personally loved her brothers skincare routine video because it was funny and I just loved how he just said things that you'd never hear in a typical skincare routine video on YouTube 

i liked her brother's skincare routine video too as well as the vlog where her brother edits them because it's more entertaining. which is why i said maybe joan knows her brother is more entertaining which is why she kept plugging him in. 

I am so confused as to why vloggers, including Joan, have shots of their feet or shots of them walking. Congratulations, you've mastered walking. Such an unnecessary shot. I can understand time lapses and whatnot, but I just don't get those. Mini-rant over. 

hahah ikr. me neither. 

Posted

It's to get the viewer to "follow along" while they move from point A to point B, instead of just magically teleporting from A to B. 

She's mentioned that her daily vlogs are inspired by Casey Neistat's, and he does the same thing - feet walking, subway cards being swiped, etc. It can be unnecessary filler, but I'm guessing they do it so that the viewer feels like they're ~~part of the journey~~~~

Posted (edited)

It's to get the viewer to "follow along" while they move from point A to point B, instead of just magically teleporting from A to B. 

She's mentioned that her daily vlogs are inspired by Casey Neistat's, and he does the same thing - feet walking, subway cards being swiped, etc. It can be unnecessary filler, but I'm guessing they do it so that the viewer feels like they're ~~part of the journey~~~~

Aha. I do not watch him. Makes sense, but it is still stupid. :)

She just vlogged a haul with ugly clothing. Her bags and shoes are generally nice, but her tops are usually not to my liking/not my style. 

Edited by LayXing
Clarification

Posted

oh i see. unfortunately i didn't felt like i was part of the journey during clips like that. there are loads of youtubers who dont include such footage and thankfully i have enough common sense to know that the person did not magically teleported from A to B. xD but of course, if she wants to film it, why not. 

She just vlogged a haul with ugly clothing. Her bags and shoes are generally nice, but her tops are usually not to my liking/not my style. 

lolol haven't watch that but it's so funny how she did an interview before and she said she's not that into beauty, if anything she's more into fashion...... :alpacaconfused:

Posted

I feel like she has nothing else going on with her life besides eating out, shopping, getting facials, and her beauty channel. Like, does she have any other hobbies and interests besides skin care/"fashion" and entertainment? It's probably why she vlogs are very dull and repetitive.