• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7409 posts in this topic

Posted

Is the Coco girl you're talking about the same as the one who was in Edward's latest video?

Hidden Content

Yes

Posted (edited)

the worst outfit/look ever.

IMG_1574.PNG

LOL OMG that's a fashion disaster. Joan what were you thinking. I don't think it's a difficult shade to pull off, it just doesn't suit her. She should've went for an gradient lip if the colour is too bright. But the lipstick is not my biggest concern. The earrings just don't match the graphic tee. Long, dangling, crystal earrings that looks elegant, paired with a casual round neck unflattering graphic tee with bright pops of pink.... 

And yeah it was so awkward to see the interaction in the cafe, when she talked and nobody replied her and so she was basically just talking to the camera herself while you can hear the other girls happily chit chatting in the background. 

Edited by imfancy

Posted

IMG_1574.PNG

i LOL-ed. Someone call the fashion police quick.

Posted (edited)

Edited by mizuhara

Posted

Jenn Im dresses pretty tacky herself and heyclaire doesn't dress her age, imo. I normally like what Joan wears but I feel like her style has regressed with all the babypink and chuu clothing.

Posted

Jenn Im dresses pretty tacky herself and heyclaire doesn't dress her age, imo. I normally like what Joan wears but I feel like her style has regressed with all the babypink and chuu clothing.

sometimes I don't understand jenn's choices of clothes but I'd say 99% of the time she is still stylish and she pulls off most, if not all of the outfits she wears. even when i dislike an outfit she's wearing, it doesn't make me feel like it's a fashion disaster, unlike joan lol.

no way anyone would prefer what joan wears over jenn, that's for sure. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by mizuhara

Posted

sometimes I don't understand jenn's choices of clothes but I'd say 99% of the time she is still stylish and she pulls off most, if not all of the outfits she wears. even when i dislike an outfit she's wearing, it doesn't make me feel like it's a fashion disaster, unlike joan lol.

no way anyone would prefer what joan wears over jenn, that's for sure. 

I think because she used to buy a lot of monochrome clothing (tons of black, Allsaints, etc.) It's kind of coded as chic to begin with, but when she started trying to integrate more color, it seems like she started to get lost. Maybe she'll figure it out, maybe she won't. Like sometimes wearing color can be a big risk, or sometimes it can be just as fashionable to have a pop of color, but I think she's really stuck in her ways and needs someone to kind of curate her fashion for her.

Posted (edited)

Jenn at least makes her tacky clothing work. And she's pretty on trend so I don't know what you're saying that it's tacky. Joan should really follow her and Claire (who I don't think is dressing wrong for her age. What do you want her to wear at 30? Mom jeans and an ugly ass tee from Disneyland ? She dresses her age and looks very chic). Jenn and Claire are nearly 30 so Joan should take note. If anything Joan doesn't dress her age.

To each her own, don't know why you're so defensive. I'm just stating my opinion. I stated that I haven't been a fan of Joan's style lately nor have I ever cared for Jenn Im's. Though I have to admit she has the confidence to rock any outfit, no matter how tacky or ridiculous. Claire  on the other hand is stuck in her Urban Outfitters teenage angst years still and her style hasn't evolved much. And if I'm not wrong, Claire's is 33 now.. diaper shorts from one teaspoon and holey shirts aren't something I'll personally wear at her age.

edit: I agree with qb05. Joan started becoming more experimental when she added in color. I personally prefer her monochrome and all black outfits. 

Edited by pulluser

Posted (edited)

Edited by mizuhara

Posted

I enjoyed that What's In My Little Purse vid. I like that Joan is being more experimental with colour, but I agree that her monochrome outfits are more chic. I just think if she's having fun with her style, it's a lot more fun watching those lookbooks. 

Yeah, choosing that pink lipstick did no favours. Looks good on Yoon Eun Hye but I love Joan in muted autumnal colours, like that mustard dress in her Spring haul. I just don't get the colouring of her hair though -- iIf you're going to dye it rainbow, go bold. Hair's a totally different medium to clothing or makeup. Once you're in crazy-colour territory, it's either go bold or go home.

Posted

IMG_1574.PNG

the pink portion of that shirt is made of sequins. lmao. 

Posted

She wore the same shirt in NY (Stay MV release vlog), but pared down. It looks good. 

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know why both her Korean and English are mediocre??? With English she gets the most basic grammar wrong and doesn't have much vocab and for Korean she has no vocab and her pronounciation has an accent. Is this common among Korean Americans ? ( from using konglish (aka talk in the most lazy way possible and I can imagine if you keep it up your active vocabulary will remain very small ) or hanging out with mostly Koreans etc etc 

shes a nice girl but she can only go so far with her speaking/limited vocabulary whether it's YouTube or broadcasting jobs... though Bethany mota is pretty limited in her vocab too

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

Does anyone know why both her Korean and English are mediocre??? With English she gets the most basic grammar wrong and doesn't have much vocab and for Korean she has no vocab and her pronounciation has an accent. Is this common among Korean Americans ? ( from using konglish (aka talk in the most lazy way possible and I can imagine if you keep it up your active vocabulary will remain very small ) or hanging out with mostly Koreans etc etc 

shes a nice girl but she can only go so far with her speaking/limited vocabulary whether it's YouTube or broadcasting jobs... though Bethany mota is pretty limited in her vocab too

It's just her LOL I've wondered the same thing but I honestly think that it's never come up and people have never corrected her or she's just never corrected herself.