• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

8217 posts in this topic

Posted

As usual, she cares more about aesthetics so she didn't consider that there are 3 people living in that apartment now who would want to watch tv or hang out in the living room more comfortably. She bought it for the "gram", just like her designer items that doesn't suit her body type nor personality. Just bought it because it's trendy and looks good in pictures. 

Posted (edited)

It makes more sense to call its her apartment if she's paying for the rent at the very least. If not, that's selfish and childish.

I doubt her parents are financially struggling since she seemed to grow up with money despite telling in her videos her family experienced bankruptcy... I don't know anyone experiencing bankruptcy and being able to study abroad and buy branded bags while studying. 

Edited by bluegirl

Posted

lol she responded to the comment about her neck. hope it gets fixed. you guys is referring to abe and joan

1223.png

I saw her in Ashley's video a few days ago and surprised to see her taking part in the class!  I immediately thought back to the comments about her posture here lol

Posted

Honestly it was a bit annoying she waited till the day Abe was out of quarantine to start cleaning that room. She knew he was going to need a place to sleep and waited till the last minute. Maybe I’m just being picky but that’s very inconsiderate imo. 

Posted

Jenny is doing pilates as well... I'm reaching I know🤣🤣🤣

Posted

As usual, she cares more about aesthetics so she didn't consider that there are 3 people living in that apartment now who would want to watch tv or hang out in the living room more comfortably. She bought it for the "gram", just like her designer items that doesn't suit her body type nor personality. Just bought it because it's trendy and looks good in pictures. 

Personally I think she bought it because she wants the aesthetic vide from kindacool room decor videos...

Posted

How is it aesthetics when the sofa doesn't even go well with the rest of the house....

Posted

I watched the apartment video last night. I lolled when I saw the abstract print she liked - it looks like a squiggle.

Posted

lol she responded to the comment about her neck. hope it gets fixed. you guys is referring to abe and joan

1223.png

This is what bothers me the most about her. Any problem or shortcoming she has in her life, she tries to solve it by throwing as much money as possible at it. Don't have a style? Throw money at it! Buy all the most expensive brands! Have problems related to poor posture? Don't bother doing research or seeking expert opinion from physical therapists! Just throw money at it! Pilates!! You have to admit that there is a certain level of money and status associated with pilates (expensive equipment, expensive classes, usually only available in big cities), and that she probably loves getting to flex that she goes to pilates like every other famous influencer. I don't even see how pilates would be the immediate/sole solution to her poor posture? Wouldn't yoga make more sense? 

She never, ever takes the time to sit down and think about her own tastes, research her own needs. It's always about the maximum amount of money she can spend because she genuinely thinks the return is parallel to the dollar amount. Invited to a birthday party of an obscure friend? Buy the most expensive perfume on the market! Her gifts are never personal or well thought out... just insanely expensive. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah there’s plenty of stuff she can do for free for forwardhead posture like exercises, stretches and learning about daily habits that cause it. as far as I can tell she’s not doing any of that lol. There’s so many awful habits and lack of effort that she demonstrates in her vlogs. I wish she spent half the effort she uses for stalking Jennie on fixing turtle neck. 

I can’t hate on Joan for doing Pilates since doing Pilates is better than not doing Pilates and it’s her money. what bothers me is when she doesn't disclose whether she bought the product or received for free etc when she talks about her favorite skincare products. would joan actually spend money on drunk elephant??

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

This is what bothers me the most about her. Any problem or shortcoming she has in her life, she tries to solve it by throwing as much money as possible at it. Don't have a style? Throw money at it! Buy all the most expensive brands! Have problems related to poor posture? Don't bother doing research or seeking expert opinion from physical therapists! Just throw money at it! Pilates!! You have to admit that there is a certain level of money and status associated with pilates (expensive equipment, expensive classes, usually only available in big cities), and that she probably loves getting to flex that she goes to pilates like every other famous influencer. I don't even see how pilates would be the immediate/sole solution to her poor posture? Wouldn't yoga make more sense? 

She never, ever takes the time to sit down and think about her own tastes, research her own needs. It's always about the maximum amount of money she can spend because she genuinely thinks the return is parallel to the dollar amount. Invited to a birthday party of an obscure friend? Buy the most expensive perfume on the market! Her gifts are never personal or well thought out... just insanely expensive. 

Tbh I think pilates is a bad example of her throwing money at stuff (tho I agree she does that), since you actually have to put in the effort in order to improve, there's no "immediate solution" she has to go to classes and keep it up--surgery on the other hand is throwing money at it

Also pilates isn't an immediate solution, it's a long-term solution if she keeps at it since a large part of pilates is improving posture and strengthening muscles to help you sit, stand, walk properly etc. I did pilates for two years when I was in Korea and it wasn't THAT expensive but helped me tremendously with some pretty severe joint problems I have as well as gave me some exercise and improved my posture. If she actually works at pilates, I think it would be really good for her especially posture wise, but also just generally health wise. Tbh I feel like this is kind of a silly thing to shit on her for? Like, it seems she's actually DOING something for once and trying to change her bad habits in this one case so credit where credit is due, good for her imo (tho ofc she's doing this ten years late and after we suggested it on here countless times). 

She has so many cases where she just throws money around recklessly and just tries for quick solutions (ie expensive facials and skin treatments while still eating ramen at night), but I really think pilates is one of the few things that is a really good choice and a step forward...I think you're a bit misguided being so upset thinking pilates is an "easy/quick solution" esp cuz like...what else would you suggest? Pilates and yoga are very similar tho yoga is more stretching exercises (which is still a work out) and pilates is more strengthening the muscles, but both have a focus on improving posture. I'm not sure what else she should do, other than surgery which is a "quick fix/throw money at it" type of solution, and I will add that at the pilates studio I went to they first assessed your body/posture etc to see what you needed to improve on and gave you a whole sheet breaking down all this info on your body and posture and this was free and I'm pretty sure is standard practice in pilates (plus if she's doing smaller classes, the teacher constantly adjusts you and fixes your posture/tells you stuff to work on at home as well, so basically she is seeking out the advice of a specialized physical therapist). I think a lot of what you said comes from a misunderstanding of what pilates is/does--I know it's "cool"/"a status symbol" cuz a lot of celebs do it, but it is actually good exercise and good for posture so I don't think you should disregard its benefits solely on the basis that it's popular among celebs, esp Korean ones, or bc it's expensive (plus diff forms of exercise work for diff people, it's not a one size fits all thing, so some people benefit from classes, some from gyms, some from personal training, some from motivating themselves, etc)

The big if will be IF Joan manages to keep it up and consistently goes to classes and actively tries both in the class and outside of it to constantly adjust her posture, then she can improve it. But you can pay for classes and still skate by so hopefully Joan doesn't give up or blow it off and realizes she really needs to put in the work to adjust her turtle neck (tho based on her track record I kind of doubt it)

Posted

Lmao I def feel like she's only doing pilates because it's trending among the celebs

Posted

^ Idk, I didn't really listen to Ashley's vlog (when she goes to pilates with Joan) but who between these two initiated them going there?

If it's Ashley, maybe Joan just agreed to go do something with a friend. If it's Joan, then yeah it might have to do with trends and shit. Not that I don't think Ashley may not be "influenced" by trends too, but we've seen this too many times with Joan not to be wary of why she finally decided to do pilates.

Posted

Yeah I do. I'll PM it though, cause technically she publicly put it out there but since he hasn't confirmed any relationship on his end then I don't wanna blow it up too much just in case. 

Could you DM me too? I've been genuinely suspicious since her last vlog when she hung out with him and some friends for lunch. Might be a reach but kinda sensed something there. Based on your hints tho is it Emily ghoul? 

Posted (edited)

Edited by didi567