• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7800 posts in this topic

Posted

^ I'd respect the hell outta influencers - Joan included - if those who came from middle class backgrounds (for whatever weight the category "middle class" has) would not take their audience for idiots and acknowledge their privilege. Joan saying something like "Yeah, I've had some privilege compared to the majority of my viewers BUT I still worked for my channel" is something I can get behind, because this is something that we saw throughout Joan Day (at least seasons 1-2).

Pretending being broke to justify her being lazy for the past year or so, throwing her money for ill-fitted clothes and accessories (to mimic Jennie/BP) and taking a hundred different vacation days overseas is what people on this thread are angry about.

Posted

I was going to say that she probably meant her family was poorer in comparison to her friends/classmate families. But she has probably been at the very least middle class? Unless, her parents did actually file for bankruptcy which would explain her really poor financial decisions... 

I loled when she started crying in a video ( one abt being broke) with the words along the lines of “because I couldn’t buy the stuff my friends had... “ not sure what the stuff is but she just sounded entitled and lazy. 

Posted

There's more to "poor" than just lack of monetary wealth but it's been so long since I've watched that video, I don't remember what words she used to explain that situation. 

Posted

There's more to "poor" than just lack of monetary wealth but it's been so long since I've watched that video, I don't remember what words she used to explain that situation. 

There you go, the victim fest

Screenshot_20191207-135829.png

Screenshot_20191207-135843.png

Screenshot_20191207-135905.png

Screenshot_20191207-135916.png

Screenshot_20191207-135927.png

Screenshot_20191207-135959.png

Screenshot_20191207-140009.png

Screenshot_20191207-140019.png

Posted

I loled when she started crying in a video ( one abt being broke) with the words along the lines of “because I couldn’t buy the stuff my friends had... “ not sure what the stuff is but she just sounded entitled and lazy. 

probably her friends had gucci, balenciaga, chanel and she cried that she couldnt get those.... i call this a brat syndrome not broke

Posted (edited)

if you just work harder and also WORK HARDER in your behavior aka being jealous of your friends, you wouldnt be feeling so inferior to them..? if you work and make money you can have whatever you want, why be jealous and make a fuss about it? this just shows how materialistic she was before bankruptcy and how bankruptcy did not change her ways with materialism. shouldnt you be more thankful that you aint "broke" anymore and be more true to the viewers who basically helped to PROVIDE this lifestyle you got? 

correction: if there was any bankruptcy.... 

Edited by n0shade
add extra information

Posted

Once and for all : Is it possible to have dry skin and acne (regular and not hormonal acne) ?? 

Posted

Once and for all : Is it possible to have dry skin and acne (regular and not hormonal acne) ?? 

I think so... I read that if you don't treat your dry skin (adequately moisturize it), your skin will start overproducing oils to compensate which leads to acne. 

Posted

I would say yes, because you can get acne from not removing makeup/bacteria/dirt off your face through proper cleansing and even a buildup of dead skin cells, if I'm not mistaken, from not exfoliating properly can cause acne over time (don't quote me on that last part though lol)

Posted

Haha, thanks for the screenshots. That was pretty much the vibe I remembered: Joan feeling very sorry for herself, especially when she said "I'm able to buy things without feeling jealous of people all the time". 

Posted

Yes because people with dry skin tend to have more dead skin cells which also leads to clogs. 

It's not easy to change a person's character. I bet Joan still feels jealous of people all the time hence her constant need to buy so many luxury bags and cameras. 

Posted (edited)

"I'm able to buy things without feeling jealous of people all the time." 

That just screams materialism and insecurity. Confirms the fact that when she was younger, she always wanted to be part of the rich cool kids club. That is the image she tries to project these days. She buys clothing and accessories that don't suit her but who cares? They're expensive. It's my turn now to make other people feel jealous of me! 

I think all of us at one point or another wanted to be cool and rich too like the popular kids in school but at some point, we realize that that shit doesn't matter. Like sure, she can afford to buy expensive stuff but she should buy those because she likes them and wants to treat herself. Buy stuff for herself. Not buy them because they're expensive, the cool girls of Blackpink wear them, and to just basically show off. This is why she follows every trend, she always likes to look cool and up to date. I get that she's an influencer and that's her job but still, many other influencers also follow trends but they don't look like fashion victims as they do it. I remember years ago I watched Simon and Martina's video about trends and they said that trends change fast in Korea and once some style becomes a hit, everyone, I mean EVERYONE, would follow it. If one tries to have some individuality, it would require some real guts to stand out.  

I used to really like Joan, but somewhere along season 2 of Joanday, she started to act very entitled, braggy and lazy. 

Edited by talky_owl

Posted

"I'm able to buy things without feeling jealous of people all the time." 

That just screams materialism and insecurity. Confirms the fact that when she was younger, she always wanted to be part of the rich cool kids club. That is the image she tries to project these days. She buys clothing and accessories that don't suit her but who cares? They're expensive. It's my turn now to make other people feel jealous of me! 

I think all of us at one point or another wanted to be cool and rich too like the popular kids in school but at some point, we realize that that shit doesn't matter. Like sure, she can afford to buy expensive stuff but she should buy those because she likes them and wants to treat herself. Buy stuff for herself. Not buy them because they're expensive, the cool girls of Blackpink wear them, and to just basically show off. This is why she follows every trend, she always likes to look cool and up to date. I get that she's an influencer and that's her job but still, many other influencers also follow trends but they don't look like fashion victims as they do it. I remember years ago I watched Simon and Martina's video about trends and they said that trends change fast in Korea and once some style becomes a hit, everyone, I mean EVERYONE, would follow it. If one tries to have some individuality, it would require some real guts to stand out.  

I used to really like Joan, but somewhere along season 2 of Joanday, she started to act very entitled, braggy and lazy. 

I thought the job of an influencer was to set trends or at least rock the trends, not follow them blindly.