• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7728 posts in this topic

Posted

Was the YSL video really that bad? I thought it was ok. Not TOP-NOTCH quality or anything, but not horrendous...

Yes, from the standpoint of creating an ''ad" , it wasn't good at all. Something like that should have been much more planned out. Shes representing a company so she should realize YSL is more of a sexy and classy brand, and reflect that in the editing . Her video was jumpy, too fast paced, confusing, repetitive, and the complete opposite of a YSL commercial. It just screamed "I didnt try" and honestly looked like scrap footage that she tried to salvage.

Posted (edited)

See this is proof that Joan can take a decent picture (bottom) if only she'd stop making exaggerated faces that aren't suited for her face (top)😂

20191029_154211.jpg

Edited by mujiforlife

Posted

See this is proof that Joan can take a decent picture (bottom) if only she'd stop making exaggerated faces that aren't suited for her face (top)😂

20191029_154211.jpg

Apparently Lisa was at this event too 🙄 

On another note, whoever did Joan's makeup did an amazing job. She really needs to take notes. (Didn't care for the hair though, but I think it's cause that weird blond/ bang combo just isnt doing it for her).

Posted

On another note, whoever did Joan's makeup did an amazing job. She really needs to take notes. (Didn't care for the hair though, but I think it's cause that weird blond/ bang combo just isnt doing it for her).

Idk why she insists on having bangs, she doesn't take care of them properly and they look a mess 24/7. She looks better without them anyway

Posted (edited)

When she showed up at the Fenty event, one of you said she should visit those beauty salons to get her hair and make up done for events. She obviously lurks around here... 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

Hm weirdly enough I like her hair BETTER at this event than every time I see it lately. I don't know if that's because the person who did it curled it (and thus managed to hide the damaged ends) but that's the first time in forever that I thought "huh she looks decent in that picture"...

joan.thumb.jpg.e9a0ec9a08549a77961437f42

(I still think she should go back to dark hair asap because outside of this event, the blonde hair is yuck and Captain shouldn't be trusted with her hair anymore.)

Posted

She just looks so much better if she just smiles like a normal person and not make all those silly faces plus wear simple but stylish clothes and not push to be an edgy hype bae or whatever it's called. 

Posted

Hm weirdly enough I like her hair BETTER at this event than every time I see it lately. I don't know if that's because the person who did it curled it (and thus managed to hide the damaged ends) but that's the first time in forever that I thought "huh she looks decent in that picture"...

joan.thumb.jpg.e9a0ec9a08549a77961437f42

(I still think she should go back to dark hair asap because outside of this event, the blonde hair is yuck and Captain shouldn't be trusted with her hair anymore.)

Oh I think she looks super cute here actually! 

Posted

She looks really good! She actually looks like her age and not trying too hard to be like a Blackpink member. She should style her hair like this all the time. The makeup suits her too. 

Posted

When she showed up at the Fenty event, one of you said she should visit those beauty salons to get her hair and make up done for events. She obviously lurks around here... 

lol I said that and HERE'S THE DAMN PROOF

YOU'RE WELCOME JOAN

but seriously anyone with common sense would do the same, since she is going to sponsored events where she will be photographed--if she has the money for it (which she clearly does) why not just pay a bit to look good and therefore likely give a good impression/get invited to other stuff in the future. Frankly it was stupid of her not to do that previously, since she looked terrible at so many past events and here looks imho very cute and professional. Like I would've gotten it if she didn't have the money, but she OBVIOUSLY does. 

I just hope she takes lessons from the styling and uses it in her daily life.

Posted

A76E21E5-801D-4446-B7A5-6D7ED0268383.png

D119D9B5-965F-45AD-ABA6-BD033D9E2D38.jpeg

Why didn't she tag the place who did her laser? Obviously that made the biggest difference for her skin. 

Posted (edited)

A76E21E5-801D-4446-B7A5-6D7ED0268383.png

D119D9B5-965F-45AD-ABA6-BD033D9E2D38.jpeg

R u fucking serious? Wow

We also got another video with terrible lighting guys!!!

Screenshot_20191030-202039.png

Edited by MistahMistah666

Posted

R u fucking serious? Wow

We also got another video with terrible lighting guys!!!

Screenshot_20191030-202039.png

Didn't watch, but that's a really unfortunate screencap. Not only is the lighting tragic but why is she wearing that neon green top when it terribly clashes with the background... 

Posted

The lighting isn’t the best and the neon green top clashes terribly not only with the background, but also with her makeup (but probably she didn’t know which color he was going to choose for her makeup so it’s not her fault), but I genuinely think her makeup looks amazing! That pink shade suits her because he didn’t just smash it on her lips like Joan usually does, he blended it smoothly and added that graphic eyeleiner which is a 10/10 in my opinion. 
I also think that the hairstyle suits Joan! It’s out of her comfort zone and she didn’t hide her face like she usually does with the bangs! Plus I think she’s learning how to do a more subtle wink without squinting her eyes which was making wrinkles appear on her face too early.

C0730A34-6BEE-4D24-80C7-2FEB7B35039F.png