• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7656 posts in this topic

Posted

It is rather obvious that Joan was not a part of the cool crowd growing up. It's perfectly alright if you weren't popular as it's not the most important thing in life. I mean, when I was younger, of course I wanted to be popular and cool but as i got older, I realized that doesn't mean anything now. Joan seems to still crave being cool, stylish and popular and she got that through Youtube. She's certainly flexing it all now. i think because she said her family experienced bankruptcy when she was at that age when being cool was important, it sort of created this need for her to appear rich and popular.  

Posted

Yeah. I mean, at the end of the day, YouTube comes down to two things -- entertainment and income. For most, it's become about the latter more than the former. I don't blame Joan per se....you gotta hustle, and especially being in Korea where society is all about conforming to one style/beauty standard, it's hard to retain your own aesthetic when everyone else is converging towards one look. I'm genuinely surprised she hasn't had any cosmetic surgery yet (I don't thinks she needs it and personally don't agree with some of harsh comments in this thread about her looks. I think she looks fine). I wanna say it's more of a societal influence to become something unlike yourself, and that influence is even stronger in the beauty community (ex. look how much Edward has changed.)

From my knowledge, at least she isn't rude or snobby in person like some YouTubers who make it big can become?

I mean, it could just be her personality? She wants to be playful and little silly? Not trying to full-on defend Joan or start arguments in here, and I know this is a damn gossip forum, but maybe she's socially awkward or trying to find herself or trying hard to fit in the crowd in Korea. I'm thinking she didn't have the "cool kid" label growing up, and her YouTube fame has become her golden ticket to express herself however she wants.

Honestly, we could never know. Just a thought. 

Sadly you're not well-informed. She is very rude and snobby, often looking down on her friends and criticizing their interests in her vlogs. She also mentioned that she wanted to fix her nose but is scared of pain.  

Lol yeah as patrickstar said she's just rude, whiny and obnoxious but calls it "being cheeky and real". Many of her vlogs have shown that. Also "birds of a feather"... She's as entitled and big-headed as some people she used to hang out with like Edward or CoCo.

Many of the people commenting on her thread used to be subscribers/viewers who liked her content, but have seen more and more of her real (?) personality come through and said personality ain't pretty. You just have to see the transition from seasons of JoanDay to get that.

Posted

Lol yeah as patrickstar said she's just rude, whiny and obnoxious but calls it "being cheeky and real". Many of her vlogs have shown that. Also "birds of a feather"... She's as entitled and big-headed as some people she used to hang out with like Edward or CoCo.

Many of the people commenting on her thread used to be subscribers/viewers who liked her content, but have seen more and more of her real (?) personality come through and said personality ain't pretty. You just have to see the transition from seasons of JoanDay to get that.

Don't forget "sassy". 9_9

Posted (edited)

So Joan is on vacation from her perpetual vacation according to her twitter . She said she’s taking a break.  Or is she just saying that because she  is busy settling into her new apartment??  If she does nothing when she’s not on break what the hell is she doing on her break?? I dun get it 

It is rather obvious that Joan was not a part of the cool crowd growing up. It's perfectly alright if you weren't popular as it's not the most important thing in life. I mean, when I was younger, of course I wanted to be popular and cool but as i got older, I realized that doesn't mean anything now. Joan seems to still crave being cool, stylish and popular and she got that through Youtube. She's certainly flexing it all now. i think because she said her family experienced bankruptcy when she was at that age when being cool was important, it sort of created this need for her to appear rich and popular.  

her Instagram is cringe-city. Perhaps Joan will become enlightened enough to cringe at her Instagram in 5? 10? Years lol

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

Vacation from what? Going to gentle monster every third day? Doing that ugly duck face for photos? Buying ugly branded clothes? Doing shity GRWM videos? Posing for photos with kids? Doing those horrendous poses for her Instagram?

Posted

What do y’all think about her Seoul Fashion Week outfit??

I personally don’t hate it, even if I preferred the IISE event outfit 

the only thing I can’t stand is that bun... I mean... it looks like She’s almost bald 

I get the trend of the messy bun but people with short and extremely thin hair like Joan (or even me, I have long ass hair but they’re thin as hell) must understand that a banana - looking messy bun isn’t cute at all.

In my opinion it would have looked WAAAY better with one of those big chunky donut looking elastics inside (i don’t know what’s their name in English, I’m sorry)

Posted

Well the last outfit it's the same of the last year so... She looks tryhard in my opinion.

The only diffence is that ugly supreme? Bag

Screenshot_20191022-081257.png

Screenshot_20191022-081346.png

Screenshot_20191022-081439.png

Posted

Correct me if im wrong, but isnt sfw all about being extravagant and creative? I wish she went out of her comfort zone and wore something different. I mean even if she did i bet we’d still flame her but still :meowplz: she looks boring 

Posted

Yeah. I mean, at the end of the day, YouTube comes down to two things -- entertainment and income. For most, it's become about the latter more than the former. I don't blame Joan per se....you gotta hustle, and especially being in Korea where society is all about conforming to one style/beauty standard, it's hard to retain your own aesthetic when everyone else is converging towards one look. I'm genuinely surprised she hasn't had any cosmetic surgery yet (I don't thinks she needs it and personally don't agree with some of harsh comments in this thread about her looks. I think she looks fine). I wanna say it's more of a societal influence to become something unlike yourself, and that influence is even stronger in the beauty community (ex. look how much Edward has changed.)

This is my first and probably last post here, but I know Joan from a long time ago and it's not true that she hasn't had cosmetic surgery. She's had her eyes done. She told me this herself. 

Posted

that is the most boring Seoul Fashion Week outfit i've ever seen and it really shows how much of a lost cause she is when it comes to fashion

Posted

that is the most boring Seoul Fashion Week outfit i've ever seen and it really shows how much of a lost cause she is when it comes to fashion

For sure. I'd love to go to an event like this and I'd be mixing patterns and colors like crazy. Seeing fashion week outfits is such a highlight to my day. Im so confused why she just wore the same thing as last time... Like... Basically the exact same thing.

Posted

Well the last outfit it's the same of the last year so... She looks tryhard in my opinion.

The only diffence is that ugly supreme? Bag

Screenshot_20191022-081257.png

Screenshot_20191022-081346.png

Screenshot_20191022-081439.png

all i gotta say is she is SOOOOOOOO lucky shes skinny

This is my first and probably last post here, but I know Joan from a long time ago and it's not true that she hasn't had cosmetic surgery. She's had her eyes done. She told me this herself. 

WAIT don't leave, more tea pls.

also, she needs to sue the doctor if that's her face with plastic surgery..where'd she get it done? NJ? (no offense to nj lol but i would never get plastic surgery there)

Posted

all i gotta say is she is SOOOOOOOO lucky shes skinny

WAIT don't leave, more tea pls.

also, she needs to sue the doctor if that's her face with plastic surgery..where'd she get it done? NJ? (no offense to nj lol but i would never get plastic surgery there)

LOL you're right... I wonder if this is true because her eyes are not her most attractive feature... 

Posted

Joan dresses for fashion week as if its like any other day in Seoul. Her outfit really shows that Joan doesn't really know much about what's trending and what looks good for a fashion week outfit but rather, how branded can my outfit be

Posted

As long as it's branded and one of the Blackpink girls wore it, Joan will copy that style even if it doesn't suit her and no matter how expensive they are. She fails to realize that these girls are idols therefore they are just one of those people who can carry clothes well with the help of a stylist and the clothes are probably sponsored by the brands so they didn't spend a dime on them. Meanwhile, she often looks like a copycat fashion victim who just spent ridiculous money. Who's the fool there?