youtube Joankeem / Joanday

738 posts in this topic

Posted

Lol.  Is she fucking kidding us with her Shopping Blackpink's Closet video?

I usually don't judge people on spendy purchases because, hey, it's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.  I also understand spending that amount of money on super classic pieces that will last ages.  Hell, if we were to see that she's frugal in other areas of her life but likes to spend extravagantly on clothes/accessories, I really don't think I'd be shaking my head this hard.  But she's not.  On top of the daily cafe jaunts, regular skincare treatments, gel nail sessions, traveling every few weeks, and getting her hair dyed at only the most upscale of salons, Joan is literally spending hundreds per piece on trendy shit that Blackpink wears because god knows why.  I'd never call myself non-materialistic (I definitely like my brand names), but it's flat out ridiculous to me how someone can be THAT into appearances and literally only strives to be "aesthetic" goals (sadly, for her, she doesn't even come close).  Blackpink are major celebrities and they wear these clothes because they can actually afford that stuff without running the risk of depleting their entire bank accounts in one go OR they were given to them for free.

She is severely out of touch with reality.

Posted

Lol.  Is she fucking kidding us with her Shopping Blackpink's Closet video?

I usually don't judge people on spendy purchases because, hey, it's their money, they can do whatever they want with it.  I also understand spending that amount of money on super classic pieces that will last ages.  Hell, if we were to see that she's frugal in other areas of her life but likes to spend extravagantly on clothes/accessories, I really don't think I'd be shaking my head this hard.  But she's not.  On top of the daily cafe jaunts, regular skincare treatments, gel nail sessions, traveling every few weeks, and getting her hair dyed at only the most upscale of salons, Joan is literally spending hundreds per piece on trendy shit that Blackpink wears because god knows why.  I'd never call myself non-materialistic (I definitely like my brand names), but it's flat out ridiculous to me how someone can be THAT into appearances and literally only strives to be "aesthetic" goals (sadly, for her, she doesn't even come close).  Blackpink are major celebrities and they wear these clothes because they can actually afford that stuff without running the risk of depleting their entire bank accounts in one go OR they were given to them for free.

She is severely out of touch with reality.

I can understand you love a group, you buy one thing or two, but at some point the "getting crazy" about a group and copying the style is for me... Kind of for younger people. At some point, you find your own style and just use inspiration but not... That way to me. I don't know if I am making sense but it bothers me. It was already too much for me with the pearls pair of earrings so there's that too ahah. 

The kenzo sweater was just a big trend but several years ago, at least where I live... 
The gold skirt, never saw her wearing it...

Posted

i think it was an interesting concept, in a way that it's something new to her channel and it'll definitely attract the majority of her kboo viewers. but i also think it's excessive to buy that many expensive clothes just because "blackpink wore them". blackpink probably don't even own those clothes and they probably only wore it once or twice for a public appearance. i don't mind her buying clothes blackpink wore because their outfits inspired her (or even dying her hair purple because jisoo rocked them), but the thing is the clothes don't even suit her and she doesn't know how to style those pieces. eg. all the big t-shirts just looks like PJs on her and not to mentioned that long pearly earrings.

the idea of the video is a good one but because joan doesn't have any style (she didn't even bothered styling those pieces in her own way which shows her lack of creativity), it makes the video bland and uninspiring like she's just a huge fan trying hard to look like them/copy them. 

i also agree with the poster above that this is kinda more for younger people...? not going to lie, i used to want to buy clothes my idols wore but that's like 6 years ago lol joan is already 26 and she's still in that phase, it's a little odd to buy expensive clothes that don't flatter your body. :/