• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

8205 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't watched the video and honestly I don't want to waste 33 min of my life listening Joan say how gentle, how flowery and cute package the products have

Screenshot_20190928-121149.png

I skipped through quite a fair bit but surprisingly she didnt mention much about the product packaging. The whole video was her going on and on about how each product "gentle, hydrating, moisturizing", nothing new. 

Posted

To add to that, she thinks her new fave cleansing balm doesn't have polyethylene (you know, all that sustainability shit with microplastics) BUT it does. Don't just toss false claims. Then I Met You's Living Cleansing Balm contains PEG-20 Glyceryl Trii-sostearate and PEG-8 Isostearate. PEG is polyethylene glycol. Most oil/balm cleansing products that emulsify with water will contain PEG compounds. 

Posted

To add to that, she thinks her new fave cleansing balm doesn't have polyethylene (you know, all that sustainability shit with microplastics) BUT it does. Don't just toss false claims. Then I Met You's Living Cleansing Balm contains PEG-20 Glyceryl Trii-sostearate and PEG-8 Isostearate. PEG is polyethylene glycol. Most oil/balm cleansing products that emulsify with water will contain PEG compounds. 

Side not but 'then I met you' is an incredibly shit name for a skincare company 

Posted

Also I think Then I Met You sponsers their products to Asian beauty gurus. I saw a lot of them using it, even Michelle Phan. And Joan probably saw someone like Michelle use it and since she (and a few others) is wrongly seen as a skincare goddess, Joan will copy her and/or the other big Asian youtubers probably to hope that it will magically make her skin better. I wouldn't let the Then I Met You products even in my near and all these youtubers advertise them to young girls, who trust them...

Posted

Joan's outfit in Thailand suited her. She should really go for more simple outfits like that because it suits her more. She suits the more classic styles as she just doesn't have the personality to pull off the hype bae style she insists on wearing just because Blackpink does. 

Posted

Gotta say her view of Seoul in that apartment is gorgeous. 

Posted

Doesnt she claim that she has dry skin? In her new video with Haley (whom I actually like) she said she carries blotting powder with her because she doesn't like looking oily. Add this to the collection of proof that this girl doesn't know her own skin type.

Even just from seeing how oily her face gets in her vlogs I find it really hard to believe she has dry skin. She could be combo or dehydrated but she gets way too shiny to be dry all over. 

A little off topic, but has anyone seen Abe’s figure review in Korean? Can someone that knows Korean tell me how his Korean compares to Joan’s?

Joan has said before that her korean is better than his so I was expecting the worst but it was not bad honestly. His editing style makes it easier to create a flow if that makes sense so it's not a 1:1 comparison to joan who talks more freely/spontaneously in her videos. 

Posted

Also I think Then I Met You sponsers their products to Asian beauty gurus. I saw a lot of them using it, even Michelle Phan. And Joan probably saw someone like Michelle use it and since she (and a few others) is wrongly seen as a skincare goddess, Joan will copy her and/or the other big Asian youtubers probably to hope that it will magically make her skin better. I wouldn't let the Then I Met You products even in my near and all these youtubers advertise them to young girls, who trust them...

Joan has gone to events for Then I Met You held by Charlotte Cho, the creator of the line and founder of SokoGlam.

Posted

I wonder if joan has plans for what she's going to do for a living 5-10 years from now? most youtubers branch out and do some business outside of youtube or invest their money?? I can't imagine Joan venturing into anything because she's so lazy. she can't even put a sentence together let alone start a business.... is she just going to be a shitty youtuber 5 years from now with the same shitty content just looking more ajumma-y??

Posted

doesn't she get bored with only going out to eat/drink with her friends? esp the active idol ones who have like actual jobs and responsibilities? i guess at least soobean doesn't have a job outside of youtube so she's not the only one in her group of friends who does barely anything

Posted

doesn't she get bored with only going out to eat/drink with her friends? esp the active idol ones who have like actual jobs and responsibilities? i guess at least soobean doesn't have a job outside of youtube so she's not the only one in her group of friends who does barely anything

Doesn't she get bored filming GRWMs and GURWMs? Doesn't she get bored having the same description for every single product (gentle/moisturizing)? Doesn't she bored of promoting products that does nothing for her skin? Doesn't she get bored going into Gentle Monsters? 

Her life is so bland, boring and meaningless. 

Posted

after showing her messy room and pr room and admitting that she needs to get rid of some things, she still accepted the yesstyle advent calendar. also i'm trying to sympathize with her bc I still have skin issues but the fact that she paid $$ for that laser treatment yet still goes to n.olive for her facials or whatever is hilarious to me. so much for getting rid of her acne scars 

Posted

Did anyone see her new Instagram post with that Chanel hand cream? Her caption was along the lines of "overpriced hand cream because #Chanel". That made me feel sad for her actually. Her life is not only bland, boring, and meaningless but it's also so shallow!! So much for crying about being bankrupt.

Posted

Did anyone see her new Instagram post with that Chanel hand cream? Her caption was along the lines of "overpriced hand cream because #Chanel". That made me feel sad for her actually. Her life is not only bland, boring, and meaningless but it's also so shallow!! So much for crying about being bankrupt.

SmartSelect_20191002-145615_Instagram.th

She didnt actually buy it lol. Side eyeing her because the caption was purposefully misleading. 

Posted (edited)

Even if she didn't buy it, this is the same woman who just had to buy some new gentle monster sunglasses because of dust  : ) 

Edited by sleepydumpling