• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

8149 posts in this topic

Posted

Can someone give me a TLDW of the latest video kinda cool uploaded with Joan?

Posted

Can someone give me a TLDW of the latest video kinda cool uploaded with Joan?

I would have never thought kinda cool would collab with Joan. Someone on this thread before said that Joan was trying to achieve that vlogger aesthetic like kinda cool or sueddu? 

Anways, here's the TLDW:

There are no subtitles and I don't know any Korean so I'm only guessing but Joan also speaks a good chunk of English in the video. 

It's nothing special really.  It's a morning Get Ready With Me. kinda cool takes longer to put up her makeup than Joan so Joan mostly sits there talking.  I do think they have good chemistry on camera. I think kinda cool has a more relaxed vibe she gives off and I think it works better with Joan than the other friends I've seen her do collabs with (just in my opinion) 

Posted

I would have never thought kinda cool would collab with Joan. Someone on this thread before said that Joan was trying to achieve that vlogger aesthetic like kinda cool or sueddu? 

Anways, here's the TLDW:

There are no subtitles and I don't know any Korean so I'm only guessing but Joan also speaks a good chunk of English in the video. 

It's nothing special really.  It's a morning Get Ready With Me. kinda cool takes longer to put up her makeup than Joan so Joan mostly sits there talking.  I do think they have good chemistry on camera. I think kinda cool has a more relaxed vibe she gives off and I think it works better with Joan than the other friends I've seen her do collabs with (just in my opinion) 

As usual, she struggled in speaking in complete sentences in Korean. I stopped watching midway (a third? lol) but the part where she said “미국...여행...가시는 분....들..” (lit. To the person.... people... going... on a trip... to America....) was quite shocking to me, since it was such a basic sentence. And most of her reactions to kindacool’s product introductions are “너무 좋아... 너무 좋아요... ㅇㅇ 제일 좋아..” which all literally just mean, “so good....”. I can’t even count how many times she said the word “좋다” during the duration that I watched.

There was also a part wherein kindacool misunderstood “fruit” for “food,” so she explained how she didn’t like crab. But then Joan says “but crab isn’t a fruit..?” and laughs at her... idk it just put me off a little seeing as her language skills aren’t any better.. like girl...

Also.. Not sure but does kindacool speak english? I wonder how deep their conversations can get tbh

Posted

As usual, she struggled in speaking in complete sentences in Korean. I stopped watching midway (a third? lol) but the part where she said “미국...여행...가시는 분....들..” (lit. To the person.... people... going... on a trip... to America....) was quite shocking to me, since it was such a basic sentence. And most of her reactions to kindacool’s product introductions are “너무 좋아... 너무 좋아요... ㅇㅇ 제일 좋아..” which all literally just mean, “so good....”. I can’t even count how many times she said the word “좋다” during the duration that I watched.

There was also a part wherein kindacool misunderstood “fruit” for “food,” so she explained how she didn’t like crab. But then Joan says “but crab isn’t a fruit..?” and laughs at her... idk it just put me off a little seeing as her language skills aren’t any better.. like girl...

Also.. Not sure but does kindacool speak english? I wonder how deep their conversations can get tbh

Thank you for the translation! I can't say for sure if she does or not but she does know that she has an english speaking audience since a good portion of her videos have english subs (seems to be already there before upload not added afterward) but that could be someone else? I saw them laugh a lot so I assumed they enjoyed themselves but now I wonder if this would be interesting to watch if you could understand them in some way? probably not

Posted

Thank you for the translation! I can't say for sure if she does or not but she does know that she has an english speaking audience since a good portion of her videos have english subs (seems to be already there before upload not added afterward) but that could be someone else? I saw them laugh a lot so I assumed they enjoyed themselves but now I wonder if this would be interesting to watch if you could understand them in some way? probably not

you’re welcome!

Oh i see.. so I guess kindacool’s understanding of English helps them get along better. Actually the video isn’t all that interesting other than being able to notice even more just how beginner-ish joan sounds like when speaking in korean LOL there really wasn’t too much depth in the conversations they had and apart from the one that I pointed out I didn’t notice any other portion where joan was being condescending in some sort of way so i guess not too bad......? Hahah 

Posted

Not sure kinda cool makes her own subtitles in English though? All these vloggers I watch (like ondo, sueddu, haegreendal, Tweety) have English subtitles but apart from maybe... sueddu (and maybe ondo), I'm not sure any of these Youtubers would be able to understand a lot of English? ondo for instance showed a bit in a vlog when she met with her translator for the subtitles, so having English subtitles doesn't immediately makes it the work of the Youtuber themselves.

Honestly I'm not sure Joan and kinda cool - never watched her so I'm not sure - have more than a surface level understanding when they hang out together.

Posted

Anways, here's the TLDW:

I love kinda cool but I won't give her a view on this one

Posted

"There WERE a lot of mail waiting for me..." (4:37)

"I was wearing their shWorts all summer long..." (7:38)

She didn't bother to film it over and edit it out; nor did she even correct herself and make fun of herself like any other person would.

I think that's one of my biggest pet peeves, I mispronounce things a lot of times and say things that don't make sense, but I catch myself, make fun of myself and fix my mistake so the people I am talking to understand me. I's rather feel embarrassed for half a second and get my point across than make myself look uneducated and/or careless.

Plus starting at 6:05 she recieved PR from a purse brand, she apparently knows the designer. When talking about how she chose the purse she wanted to be sent over she chose a purse that reminded her of her designer friend? Which is a ridiculous reason/statement because shouldn't any purse she designed remind you of her? Why is it so hard for you to say that you just like something so that's why you bought it? Plain and simple. Then no one can really talk sh*t about you then since you've given a straightforward answer.

https://youtu.be/JPxx-uqSeOo

Posted (edited)

you’re welcome!

Oh i see.. so I guess kindacool’s understanding of English helps them get along better. Actually the video isn’t all that interesting other than being able to notice even more just how beginner-ish joan sounds like when speaking in korean LOL there really wasn’t too much depth in the conversations they had and apart from the one that I pointed out I didn’t notice any other portion where joan was being condescending in some sort of way so i guess not too bad......? Hahah 

Joan used as much as English possible lol.. it seems like words like “rich”is acceptable to use  from all the English they use in Korea in advertisements and whatnot. 

Joan demonstrated in the video that you don’t need a lot of words or phrases to have a “conversation” in korean and how you can use the influx of English to your advantage lol ( if you don’t know how to say it in korean, try saying it in English and assume the korean person knows it. This strategy was surprisingly viable here since Joan was talking about skincare and English is rampant in Korea ) .

i think it’s kinda encouraging to korean learners lol because it shows them how having a conversation in korean isn’t a big deal lol. You just need to understand the person somewhat and recycle 3 phrases lol

Now if the conversation was between Joan and 2/3 native korean speakers then Joan would be f’ed since they will say shit she doesn’t understand 

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

Lol is she touching her face with greasy hands since she's eating during the video? 

Posted

I know this is no surprise and gets mentioned for almost every video.. but..... AHHH

"I'm the type that don't like to experiment when I discover something that I like.."

"..make like luxurious products that are great for anti-aging and yeah so far so good."

She said she's trying to start her beauty channel again. I skipped around the video and I immediately noticed her English and face-touching poses.

this is dedicated to Joan. sigh what have I done.

joanmontage.png

Posted

god those screencaps are scary

Posted

She looked so much better years ago with more weight on her face and long, full hair. Now her face is an odd shape, her thin, coloured, stringy hair and that bucket hat makes her look like a very sick patient who cant leave the hospital...

Posted

I dislike the bucket hat trend this summer. Can't these "influencers" just go back to wearing snapbacks because at least those had nice designs and not a total fashion victim disaster like bucket hats. No overpriced luxury fashion brand could ever make bucket hats look stylish.