• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.
    • Reputation Has Increased!   07/06/20

Hello. You have been asking for it and it is finally here. We have increased the number of reputation given in a day from 25 to 50. We will see how well 50 works out and if that is enough. Please continue to provide feedback and we will reevaluate as needed. This change has been added to the site changes thread located here. Happy repping. Thank you.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

8205 posts in this topic

Posted

Let's talk about her relationship with Coco! They used to be so close what happened? Also Edward Avila and was a good friend with Coco but I feel like they hate Coco now?

Posted

I am not fond of peaches so I don't know how to peal them but a quick search on Youtube and you can see videos of people giving proper instructions on how to peel peaches. The internet and Youtube is a treasure trove of information that these days everyone Googles or Youtube things to learn things like that. Joan's a flippin' Youtuber and she hardly uses the platform she's in other than watching people with the same content as her so she can be a copycat and "single white female" them because she has no original ideas of her own but claims otherwise. Remember her cream and that whole tantrum about "her original packaging"?

Posted (edited)

I am not fond of peaches so I don't know how to peal them but a quick search on Youtube and you can see videos of people giving proper instructions on how to peel peaches. The internet and Youtube is a treasure trove of information that these days everyone Googles or Youtube things to learn things like that. Joan's a flippin' Youtuber and she hardly uses the platform she's in other than watching people with the same content as her so she can be a copycat and "single white female" them because she has no original ideas of her own but claims otherwise. Remember her cream and that whole tantrum about "her original packaging"?

She always comes across as incredibly sheltered and naive, which is why her attempts at seeming worldly and smart - like when she shows off about reading and traveling - feel so hollow.

eta - does anyone else find that thing she does where she talks at the camera from really far away in her house really annoying? It's so hard to hear her. God I miss when I liked her videos. 

Edited by Chewy

Posted

Oh gosh, she's so bad at peeling the peach. It was so painful to watch. When I first started peeling fruits, it looked like that too. Also, she's holding the knife so that the blade is facing her. I always learned to peel fruits with the knife facing away because it's safer. She clearly rarely peels her fruits for herself. 

Posted (edited)

Oh gosh, she's so bad at peeling the peach. It was so painful to watch. When I first started peeling fruits, it looked like that too. Also, she's holding the knife so that the blade is facing her. I always learned to peel fruits with the knife facing away because it's safer. She clearly rarely peels her fruits for herself. 

The way Joan peels a peach should really be called butchering it

But most Asians (especially older Asians) peel with the knife facing towards you rather than away from you, even though I also learned it should be done the other way for safety. But literally every Asian person I know (including my in laws) peels toward themselves, and most can do it at the speed of light....so I think Joan probably tried to imitate the way her Mom does it and failed spectacularly (maybe it's her first time trying to peel a peach??! idk)

Edited by kicksthis

Posted

This is pretty probably going to be a very unpopular opinion (and I hope this doesn't sound like I'm WK-ing her?): but I went to Joan's panel at KCONLA and I actually thought her panel was pretty great! Her panel was probably the most professional one out of all the DIATV panels at KCON tbh (except for maybe HeyItsFeiii's?)

Her panel was for people 100% completely new to starting a YouTube channel/vlogging and I think she gave pretty good simple advice for it.

When asked if newer youtubers need an expensive camera to start a channel she actually responded by saying that content is worth more than video quality and encouraged that youtubers now in days can start a channel just with their phone camera which surprised me? (With how much Joan likes to flaunt her expensive camera's I was sure she would tell people that you need to buy expensive stuff to be a good youtuber?)

She had a camera with her and gave physical examples on getting good shots. Her brother was at the panel as well and they were really funny together and kept the audience engaged. She also always had something to say and was able to answer questions quickly without having to give any awkward pauses which I thought was pretty professional.

The thing that I think made her the most professional out of all the DIA panels was her handling of the sponsored product advertisements. All DIA TV youtubers had 3-4 products they were required to advertise during their panel. Almost all the DIA panelist didnt prepare their advertisements beforehand and literally paused to read the product box or a prompt off a piece of paper for their ad which was very not genuine and unprofessional imo.

Joan was literally the only person who researched their products beforehand to give an informative ad to everyone on the product without needing any notecards or kcon workers to explain the product for them.

She may not be the best youtuber, but she has my respect for being the only one out of her DIA YouTube buddies who took their panel job seriously.

(IMO the worst DIA panel was probably Q2HAN's who seemed to have winged the most of their panel, didn't even talk about their panel topic, and gave away their used clothes as panel prizes?!?)

Posted

This is pretty probably going to be a very unpopular opinion (and I hope this doesn't sound like I'm WK-ing her?): but I went to Joan's panel at KCONLA and I actually thought her panel was pretty great! Her panel was probably the most professional one out of all the DIATV panels at KCON tbh (except for maybe HeyItsFeiii's?)

Her panel was for people 100% completely new to starting a YouTube channel/vlogging and I think she gave pretty good simple advice for it.

When asked if newer youtubers need an expensive camera to start a channel she actually responded by saying that content is worth more than video quality and encouraged that youtubers now in days can start a channel just with their phone camera which surprised me? (With how much Joan likes to flaunt her expensive camera's I was sure she would tell people that you need to buy expensive stuff to be a good youtuber?)

She had a camera with her and gave physical examples on getting good shots. Her brother was at the panel as well and they were really funny together and kept the audience engaged. She also always had something to say and was able to answer questions quickly without having to give any awkward pauses which I thought was pretty professional.

The thing that I think made her the most professional out of all the DIA panels was her handling of the sponsored product advertisements. All DIA TV youtubers had 3-4 products they were required to advertise during their panel. Almost all the DIA panelist didnt prepare their advertisements beforehand and literally paused to read the product box or a prompt off a piece of paper for their ad which was very not genuine and unprofessional imo.

Joan was literally the only person who researched their products beforehand to give an informative ad to everyone on the product without needing any notecards or kcon workers to explain the product for them.

She may not be the best youtuber, but she has my respect for being the only one out of her DIA YouTube buddies who took their panel job seriously.

(IMO the worst DIA panel was probably Q2HAN's who seemed to have winged the most of their panel, didn't even talk about their panel topic, and gave away their used clothes as panel prizes?!?)

This sounds more like the old Joan I used to love lmao

Posted

man why doesnt she show this genuine personality off in her vlogs instead of the whole tryhard, hypebae mess she pretends to be. this definitely sounds like the joan i originally subscribed to.

Posted

The way Joan peels a peach should really be called butchering it

But most Asians (especially older Asians) peel with the knife facing towards you rather than away from you, even though I also learned it should be done the other way for safety. But literally every Asian person I know (including my in laws) peels toward themselves, and most can do it at the speed of light....so I think Joan probably tried to imitate the way her Mom does it and failed spectacularly (maybe it's her first time trying to peel a peach??! idk)

Huh I'm from a Chinese household and we all   peel away from us. I used to peel towards me and I got yelled at by my parents 🤷

Posted

That's pretty pathetic, and it's sad how much they get paid to half ass all their content like this and even more so when do it so blatantly right in front of their freaking customer base and employers. At least joan had the sense to not be so damn lazy in front of a live audience. 

Don't q2han have their own clothing line or something? Like they seriously couldn't just put together a couple of pieces from their own brand lmfao

Posted

That's pretty pathetic, and it's sad how much they get paid to half ass all their content like this and even more so when do it so blatantly right in front of their freaking customer base and employers. At least joan had the sense to not be so damn lazy in front of a live audience. 

Don't q2han have their own clothing line or something? Like they seriously couldn't just put together a couple of pieces from their own brand lmfao

Go to their thread. The "clothing line" they made is reaaalllllyyy bad. I think they made around 3 T-shirts, which costs around 40 $ each and they look really ugly and cheap. Maybe a 12 year old would wear it

I hope someone posts the experience in the q2han thread

Posted

In her latest vlog she said, "지금 not now" omfg (지금 means now)

I give her shit for her shit Korean by how is it so f***ing bad? 

Posted (edited)

In her latest vlog she said, "지금 not now" omfg (지금 means now)

I give her shit for her shit Korean by how is it so f***ing bad? 

What was she trying to say?

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

What was she trying to say?

she was trying to say 'not now' which is 지금 아니다/야(endings depend on how formal you wanna be). Im sure she knows 아니다 so it was a probably a brain fart from her extreme lack of Korean fluency