• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7407 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

man why doesnt she show this genuine personality off in her vlogs instead of the whole tryhard, hypebae mess she pretends to be. this definitely sounds like the joan i originally subscribed to.

Because it's not genuine...? The pressure of being in front of her audience in real life made her prepare for her panel, if you were a sassy bitch, you wouldn't show that kind of bad behavior at a panel where everyone's looking straight at you. Whereas in her vlogs and reviews, there's no need to prepare because if there's a negative comment she can simply delete it or shut it down as "hate". Everyone can tell that the problem with her these days is her lack of preparation and laziness which is why she's always saying stupid and unhelpful things in her reviews.

It's quite sad that she's applaud for simply preparing for a panel, which should be the basic if you have work ethics. The bar was set so low because the other influencers were unprepared for their panel. 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

The way Joan peels a peach should really be called butchering it

But most Asians (especially older Asians) peel with the knife facing towards you rather than away from you, even though I also learned it should be done the other way for safety. But literally every Asian person I know (including my in laws) peels toward themselves, and most can do it at the speed of light....so I think Joan probably tried to imitate the way her Mom does it and failed spectacularly (maybe it's her first time trying to peel a peach??! idk)

Huh I'm from a Chinese household and we all   peel away from us. I used to peel towards me and I got yelled at by my parents 🤷

Posted

The thing that I think made her the most professional out of all the DIA panels was her handling of the sponsored product advertisements. All DIA TV youtubers had 3-4 products they were required to advertise during their panel. Almost all the DIA panelist didnt prepare their advertisements beforehand and literally paused to read the product box or a prompt off a piece of paper for their ad which was very not genuine and unprofessional imo.

Joan was literally the only person who researched their products beforehand to give an informative ad to everyone on the product without needing any notecards or kcon workers to explain the product for them.

She may not be the best youtuber, but she has my respect for being the only one out of her DIA YouTube buddies who took their panel job seriously.

(IMO the worst DIA panel was probably Q2HAN's who seemed to have winged the most of their panel, didn't even talk about their panel topic, and gave away their used clothes as panel prizes?!?)

That's pretty pathetic, and it's sad how much they get paid to half ass all their content like this and even more so when do it so blatantly right in front of their freaking customer base and employers. At least joan had the sense to not be so damn lazy in front of a live audience. 

Don't q2han have their own clothing line or something? Like they seriously couldn't just put together a couple of pieces from their own brand lmfao

Posted

That's pretty pathetic, and it's sad how much they get paid to half ass all their content like this and even more so when do it so blatantly right in front of their freaking customer base and employers. At least joan had the sense to not be so damn lazy in front of a live audience. 

Don't q2han have their own clothing line or something? Like they seriously couldn't just put together a couple of pieces from their own brand lmfao

Go to their thread. The "clothing line" they made is reaaalllllyyy bad. I think they made around 3 T-shirts, which costs around 40 $ each and they look really ugly and cheap. Maybe a 12 year old would wear it

I hope someone posts the experience in the q2han thread

Posted

In her latest vlog she said, "지금 not now" omfg (지금 means now)

I give her shit for her shit Korean by how is it so f***ing bad? 

Posted (edited)

In her latest vlog she said, "지금 not now" omfg (지금 means now)

I give her shit for her shit Korean by how is it so f***ing bad? 

What was she trying to say?

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

What was she trying to say?

she was trying to say 'not now' which is 지금 아니다/야(endings depend on how formal you wanna be). Im sure she knows 아니다 so it was a probably a brain fart from her extreme lack of Korean fluency

Posted

she was trying to say 'not now' which is 지금 아니다/야(endings depend on how formal you wanna be). Im sure she knows 아니다 so it was a probably a brain fart from her extreme lack of Korean fluency

woah. That sounds critical. 

Posted

or 지금 안돼 or 지금 말고

the saddest thing is she literally could have said 지금 and then just held her fingers in the X symbol and said like "no no no", which is something koreans do in a cutesy/butchering of both languages kind of way or just shook her head or something.....like, even joan could have managed that much since even lvl 1 korean learners can do that

BUT APPARENTLY NOT JOAN KIM

Posted

Is it just me or the more that I see clips of Joan shoving food in her mouth the more I cringe? It's 10x worse that she's shooting that clip with the vixia's fish eye effect. 

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or the more that I see clips of Joan shoving food in her mouth the more I cringe? It's 10x worse that she's shooting that clip with the vixia's fish eye effect. 

It's not just you. It never used to bother me at all but she's definitely got more gross with it.

Just looking at her vlog channel - are her subs fake? Her videos get max. 75k views sometimes but she'll only get like 250 comments. 

Edited by Chewy

Posted

waiting for Joan to call out Clinique!!!¡A9F9C9D7-5DB4-4063-8284-A9D8B80CD40C.thu

Posted

am i seeing things or did she put these slippers on the wrong foot lmao

E9FA8EBC-3FAA-42CF-B6EC-377362D4A6B6.jpeg

Posted

I watched her latest vlog cause hillary is in the thumbnail. Hillary is so pretty, and apparently got into uc berkeley but rejected them? Idk why they hung out tho because based on joan’s reputation on here and the videos she puts out...she’s not very redeeming.

https://invidio.us/watch?v=5_oMU9nodSY

Posted (edited)

I watched her latest vlog cause hillary is in the thumbnail. Hillary is so pretty, and apparently got into uc berkeley but rejected them? Idk why they hung out tho because based on joan’s reputation on here and the videos she puts out...she’s not very redeeming.

https://invidio.us/watch?v=5_oMU9nodSY

That doesn’t sound right. Hillary went to and is going to community college (she switched schools). Why would she give up a school with great resources for community college? 

Did Hillary state this in the vlog?

Edited by throwingawayyouth