• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7366 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I still can't believe people wants Joan beauty advice like why?

Screenshot_20190812-151028.png

Screenshot_20190812-150638.png

Honestly who would want beauty advice from her? She's average looking and she's mot even good at making herself prettier. She's a fashion victim trend hopper who lies about products she uses and doesn't actually know anything. KCON should get someone better than his hack with no personality or credibility or taste. 

Edited by Chewy

Posted

Honestly who would want beauty advice from her? She's average looking and she's mot even good at making herself prettier. She's a fashion victim trend hopper who lies about products she uses and doesn't actually know anything. KCON should get someone better than his hack with no personality or credibility or taste. 

She lies about the products she uses ????!! 

Posted

Yeah in the sense that she'll say anything is good if she gets it for free, regardless of whether she uses it more than a few times. Also NONE of the products she uses have helped her skin because she gets expensive derm treatments done all the time. But yeah sure, a cosrx pad is definitely what fixed her acne and not that 3 thousand dollar laser treatment she had... 

Posted (edited)

I've been watching Ondo lately and Joan's latest video auto-played and my hands were full... So here's some AdSense money Joan - I can't block ads on my TV. 

Ahhhh. I firmly believe that the problem isn't expensive vs cheap skincare. It's mostly there's something (or lot) in her routine that her skin disagrees with... especially if she still needs extractions after regularly exfoliating and slapping on Drunk Elephant acids and vitamin c. She doesn't read all the ingredients and I mean you have to read all of it and figure out what doesn't work. Yes, I'm sorry that 'ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate' probably sounds like torture but if you have specific and enduring skin issues, you need to read!

It doesn't matter if it's $10 or $100. Who the f cares if it's LaMer if it breaks you out!

Also... extractions. Joan's probably scar prone and that's not her fault but people shouldn't recommend extractions if you're prone to scarring! 

It's my first time watching in a while and I can't believe that she still gets extractions. Save your skin and money, lady!

Edited by Ano
Apostrophe

Posted (edited)

with the number of acne scars she has, i best believe she lies about the products she raves about in her faves. 

Ahhhh. I firmly believe that the problem isn't expensive vs cheap skincare. It's mostly there's something (or lot) in her routine that her skin disagrees with... especially if she still needs extractions after regularly exfoliating and slapping on Drunk Elephant acids and vitamin c. She doesn't read all the ingredients and I mean you have to read all of it and figure out what doesn't work. Yes, I'm sorry that 'ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate' probably sounds like torture but if you have specific and enduring skin issues, you need to read!

i agree with you. joan need to reduce the amount of products she uses on her face so that she would know what her skin reacts to. not only that but she needs to watch what she's eating because what you put on the inside will affect your skin and you can't just rely on skincare products to treat your skin. expensive or not, if the product doesn't work for you, then it's not worth suffering your skin for. your skin is the largest organ, treat it with extra care. 

Edited by daydreamers
lol i said "skin" too many times

Posted

I think Joan is just boring, and she always will be boring. That's fine though. Maybe it's not even her, but just the content she posts? I haven't watched her in a long time, so I clicked on her most recent vid and wow... didn't miss out on much. The only thing that bothers me is when her deluded followers claim her and her friends look like certain k-pop idols like Nayeon etc. and she goes along with it? That's so embarrassing and makes people become hypercritical of her/her friends' looks because she's obviously comparing herself/them to people who are extremely attractive. I guess it's good to be confident, but come on.

Posted

I think Joan is just boring, and she always will be boring. That's fine though. Maybe it's not even her, but just the content she posts? I haven't watched her in a long time, so I clicked on her most recent vid and wow... didn't miss out on much. The only thing that bothers me is when her deluded followers claim her and her friends look like certain k-pop idols like Nayeon etc. and she goes along with it? That's so embarrassing and makes people become hypercritical of her/her friends' looks because she's obviously comparing herself/them to people who are extremely attractive. I guess it's good to be confident, but come on.

She's also dishonest and a hypocrite. 

Posted

with the number of acne scars she has, i best believe she lies about the products she raves about in her faves. 

i agree with you. joan need to reduce the amount of products she uses on her face so that she would know what her skin reacts to. not only that but she needs to watch what she's eating because what you put on the inside will affect your skin and you can't just rely on skincare products to treat your skin. expensive or not, if the product doesn't work for you, then it's not worth suffering your skin for. your skin is the largest organ, treat it with extra care. 

she already knows about food but she has no discipline to ever really implement it. She has so made acne tip videos and folllwos none of her own tip. She doesn’t really give a shot about her skin... she buys overpriced skincare products and not appply enough sunscreen and eats shit frequently. It’s obvious that her skin could be much better if she actually tried harder but she’s lazy as we all know. What other youtuber makes this many get ready/unready/ with me , and skincare videos with alarming frequency. Maybe we would genuinely care if she had amazing skin but she has worse skin than people who are the same age as her who aren’t even into skincare 

Posted

Omg if I have to hear about this Joan Day/Night cream one more time... It was a flop! I wish she'd stop bringing it up. Everytime she mentions it in her video it comes off as bragging. 

Posted

Joan is definitely obsessed with Jennie. It's not the exact same speakers, but you know.

MarshallSpeaker.thumb.PNG.32930c6ad15744

Screen-Shot-2018-09-11-at-1.43.41-AM.png

MarshallSpeaker2.thumb.PNG.8e882d05da832

Hidden Content

now if I didn't know Joan and her obsession with Jennie, I would've gone "every adult in their 20s-30s uses Marshall these days so no big deal" but that AIN'T the case with Joan. Seriously it's awkward....

Posted

I reported her sokoglam video for being misleading bc she doesn't say it's sponsored - she always tries to pull this shit. 

Posted

She can keep on doing skincare videos for all she want but who is she trying to persuade now with a constant acne break outs and hypocritical skincare routines? 

Posted

I wonder why she didn't share her video with Refinery29

Posted (edited)

For that housewarming video (the one about being jetlegged) besides not knowing the word for housewarming in Korean, I thought the dinner she prepared was extremely depressing.

she bought a bunch of premade food from the convenience store ( unless it’s some fancy sandwich store... wasn’t really paying attention) and snacks, took them out of the packaging, and set them up on dishes. And of course she raves about the snack as you can tell by her face

I don’t think she cooked anything. Does she not know how to cook or is she just lazy?? She sure seems to obsess over her nails while putting in zero effort towards learning korean or speaking English properly, cooking etc...   Is that normal in korea?? I don’t know I’d feel if I was served that. I found it depressing and it reminded me of that scene in mrs. doubtfire 

i don’t understand what was going through her mind with the housewarming gift exchange. Why would you use a korean word you don’t know in an English sentence to demonstrate that you don’t know the word??? She always shoots herself in the foot. She could’ve just said thanks, look up the word later or ask, then sub it properly . Guess she really doesn’t want to learn korean. She literally avoids looking up words even when there are obvious clues that her understanding of the word is incorrect when her friend straight up corrected her. Guess she’s allergic to the dictionary . I’m sure her phones language is still set to English

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

For that housewarming video (the one about being jetlegged) besides not knowing the word for housewarming in Korean, I thought the dinner she prepared was extremely depressing.

she bought a bunch of premade food from the convenience store ( unless it’s some fancy sandwich store... wasn’t really paying attention) and snacks, took them out of the packaging, and set them up the dishes. And of course she raves about the snack as you can tell by her face

I don’t think she cooked anything. Does she not know how to cook or is she just lazy?? She sure seems to obsess over her nails while putting in zero effort towards learning korean or speaking English properly, cooking etc...   Is that normal in korea?? I don’t know I’d feel if I was served that. I found it depressing and it reminded me of that scene in mrs. doubtfire 

i don’t understand what was going through her mind with the housewarming gift exchange. Why would you use a korean word you don’t know in an English sentence??? She always shoots herself in the foot. She could’ve just said thanks, look up the word later or ask, then sub it properly . Guess she really doesn’t want to learn korean. She literally avoids looking up words even when there are obvious clues that her understanding of the word is incorrect when her friend straight up corrected her. Guess she’s allergic to the dictionary . I’m sure her phones language is still set to English

tbh i strongly agree with the food she prepared for her friend being depressing and pathetic as well. It'd be less depressing even if she had to order some delivery food or anything. She just displayed those pathetic finger food in an aesthetically pleasing manner (or actually not). Imagine going to your friends house and they serve you that for dinner.

Normally if I watched other korean youtubers, whenever they invited their friends, they tend to either order something or cook something (sometimes it feels like they overcook too much but it's always better that way imho). I don't know much about the western world but for most asians, normally if you come over to your friend/relative's home for a meal, they tend to make sure you have enough food and often times they cook more than less. 

I strongly believe Joan can only speak basic korean. Like those enough to survive with a daily life in Korea but definitely not enough to survive a deep conversation with a native korean. Her videos already show how awkward she tries to talk in korean whenever she's with her pretty korean friends. Yeah, her phone is still in english since forever and I don't think she'd even change it to korean given how she's much more comfortable talking in english than in korean. The fact that Joan doesn't even want to try cooking herself is um... spoiled much? Like you can always look up recipes online to make a freaking sandwich. It's not that hard, it just shows Joan is too lazy to cook.