• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

8203 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Was watching her latest joanday vlog and there was this part where she said she’s gonna get a loan (i assume bank loan) for her $275k deposit cos she don’t have that much money. Lowkey, lowkey i was like ‘gurl if you were to not splurge on those CHANEL & LV bags, you’ll probably have that much money.’

And i loled so hard at that too cos i honestly thought she was richer than THAT, seeing how she’s been traveling around the world like nobody’s business (excluding those sponsor trips)

One more thing, that apartment is a little too small for her?! To film your subpar videos and for your closet room? Bargain again when you’re richer 😂 too much requests, too little money

Edited by nlyeve
Wanted to add more stuff

Posted

Will she even get her loan approved?? A YouTuber that works as a radio host per-down... 

Is her mom gonna go with her to the back due to her subpar korean?? 

Posted

Was watching her latest joanday vlog and there was this part where she said she’s gonna get a loan (i assume bank loan) for her $275k deposit cos she don’t have that much money. Lowkey, lowkey i was like ‘gurl if you were to not splurge on those CHANEL & LV bags, you’ll probably have that much money.’

And i loled so hard at that too cos i honestly thought she was richer than THAT, seeing how she’s been traveling around the world like nobody’s business (excluding those sponsor trips)

One more thing, that apartment is a little too small for her?! To film your subpar videos and for your closet room? Bargain again when you’re richer 😂 too much requests, too little money

Wait, what?! A $275,000 loan?! For a deposit??!!!! Is it just me or that is absolutely absurd... 

Posted

Home girl has been busy switching up her mid-luxury brands to everything Chanel. That passport cover costs at least $900 if i’m not wrong. Thats a bit redundant don’t you think 😂

149D8886-C5FE-4F4E-9CCE-F5D33EB4298D.png

3D2F3CB3-E74D-4228-888B-AFE72BBEF272.png

8A1986DD-986D-42DA-8C70-5B167172F05B.png

Posted

I'm actually always kind of surprised how much money K-Youtubers have.  J-Youtubers with similar subscriber counts seem to be always low on money and/or are living in smaller apartments, while K-Youtubers always flaunt their purchases and live in a lot nicer apartments.

Posted

Does she really mean 275000 US dollars for 2 years in that apt??? That would be 11.5K a month for rent. I know that rents are high in Seoul but that seems really high for that size space.

Posted

Home girl has been busy switching up her mid-luxury brands to everything Chanel. That passport cover costs at least $900 if i’m not wrong. Thats a bit redundant don’t you think 😂

149D8886-C5FE-4F4E-9CCE-F5D33EB4298D.png

3D2F3CB3-E74D-4228-888B-AFE72BBEF272.png

8A1986DD-986D-42DA-8C70-5B167172F05B.png

When you have to buy everything Chanel because Jennie is one of their ambassadors.9_9 

I still think that she would have to take out a loan considering how ridiculous Korea's housing market is. However, like it's been mentioned, if she wasn't always buying luxury goods like it's her job, the amount she would have to take out wouldn't be as high. Being an adult means having to prioritize what's important to you, is that traveling and buying luxury goods or saving to afford an apartment?

Oh and youtube recommended her apartment hunting video from July 29, 2017; the deposit was only 50k for one of the apartments. That jump in price. Lol.

Posted

She's moving? I've stopped watching her but what are her reasons for moving again? 

Posted

hmm i still don't understand how she can afford to buy high end brands all the time? and travelling so much? Surely that can't all be sponsorship??

Posted (edited)

I feel like a lot of youtubers get given so much money in such a short time and at a young age that many of them get blinded by it and buy lots of designer shit to flex and/or for content. Joan here isn't a luxury goods channel, she doesn't review these bags nor does she showcase them much in her instagram. We only see them through her vlogs in passing. So these bags don't generate an income for her. Why buy so much? I know if I had the money I will probably buy something from Chanel, LV or Gucci as well but the most would be one or two items from each brand. I would also pick classic designs that would grow old with me and given the high demand for these classic stuff, I can eventually sell for profit when I don't fancy them anymore. She mostly buys trendy pieces from these top end brands that will go out of style in a couple of years and once she hits 30, would look ridiculous on her. You hardly would make your money back too so it's all just a loss for you.   

As for travelling, I like to go places and learn about culture, history, food, etc. I feel like travel is a good way to spend your money as it gives you many great memories and experiences. That said, Joan here does travel but what does she do there? Walk around for a bit, go to a generic cafe that probably has the same menu as Seoul ones. Not really take in the interesting things in a country, just goes about it superficially. It irritates me when someone travels and doesn't even go to a single museum or take a look at the lives of the locals. I guess Joan is just like that, she does superficial, shallow and the same old things in Seoul, just the same old cafes and shopping. She has no other interests.  

Edited by talky_owl

Posted

I didn't watch the video but I have a feeling that amount is part of a deposit - rent isn't too bad (depending where in Korea) but it's the deposit that can be expensive and you need to pay it up front. You get it back if you move out, hence why people take out a loan for it, knowing it'll be returned in the end. 

Posted (edited)

I feel like a lot of youtubers get given so much money in such a short time and at a young age that many of them get blinded by it and buy lots of designer shit to flex and/or for content. Joan here isn't a luxury goods channel, she doesn't review these bags nor does she showcase them much in her instagram. We only see them through her vlogs in passing. So these bags don't generate an income for her. Why buy so much? I know if I had the money I will probably buy something from Chanel, LV or Gucci as well but the most would be one or two items from each brand. I would also pick classic designs that would grow old with me and given the high demand for these classic stuff, I can eventually sell for profit when I don't fancy them anymore. She mostly buys trendy pieces from these top end brands that will go out of style in a couple of years and once she hits 30, would look ridiculous on her. You hardly would make your money back too so it's all just a loss for you.   

As for travelling, I like to go places and learn about culture, history, food, etc. I feel like travel is a good way to spend your money as it gives you many great memories and experiences. That said, Joan here does travel but what does she do there? Walk around for a bit, go to a generic cafe that probably has the same menu as Seoul ones. Not really take in the interesting things in a country, just goes about it superficially. It irritates me when someone travels and doesn't even go to a single museum or take a look at the lives of the locals. I guess Joan is just like that, she does superficial, shallow and the same old things in Seoul, just the same old cafes and shopping. She has no other interests.  

Lol this, she's buying all these expensive things without making them generate any income for her. Why not do a luxury bag collection video? Wait-She can't because she cried over fashion pollution. She bought 100 cameras but they don't add value to her videos because what matters is the content. I don't know why she's moving but someone said her current apartment is too small? How is that small for 2 person moreover she has the entire master bedroom. If she meant that it's too small to do her filming, many Youtubers film interesting AF videos in their college dorms or tinier bedrooms. It's the content that matters, not a $5000 camera or a $275k backdrop. She can live in a castle and film on a $10k camera but if her content is still bland and boring, nobody will continue watching her. 

For someone who has gone through bankruptcy, it's unbelievable how she isn't saving her money for the things that actually matters... Spending money on a Chanel passport cover... How redundant? Wouldn't her mum comment on her crazy spending habits? 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

I didn't watch the video but I have a feeling that amount is part of a deposit - rent isn't too bad (depending where in Korea) but it's the deposit that can be expensive and you need to pay it up front. You get it back if you move out, hence why people take out a loan for it, knowing it'll be returned in the end

Posted

Why not say it straight? She wants to move because either the lease is up (I don't know housing in Korea) she wants a change or just want to move somewhere else better? Instead of saying it is to small to film anything. She's the same with her cameras. She bought the many Leica cameras because she wants to improve her pictures? Her pictures are still generic and no improvement in quality. She buys designer because the quality is better? Sure, that's true but she picks just the trendy ones that don't reflect her own personal style. Just say it, you buy designer to flex and probably want a bigger apartment to have space for designer stuff.