• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

8261 posts in this topic

Posted

All her friends seem to be all rather well off. Isn't the wedding in Shilla Hotel? That's fancy, right? As many celebrities get married there. All the other weddings she went to also look fancy. We don't know much about them as they are only featured in Joan's vlogs once in a while but whenever they do, it's for some occasion and they all seemed expensive. Is this why Joan tries so hard to flex? To keep up with her friends?

Posted

All her friends seem to be all rather well off. Isn't the wedding in Shilla Hotel? That's fancy, right? As many celebrities get married there. All the other weddings she went to also look fancy. We don't know much about them as they are only featured in Joan's vlogs once in a while but whenever they do, it's for some occasion and they all seemed expensive. Is this why Joan tries so hard to flex? To keep up with her friends?

From what we've seen of her Cali friends they seem to be well off as well but I think that's because most of them (if not all) work in the tech industry. In her state vlogs she mentions are they mention that they work at places like Facebook, Google, Linkdin so it makes sense that their well off. As for her Korean friends only Sunny, Claudine and Erin come off as well off to me. Anyway, it wouldnt surprise me if Joan felt the need to flex because she's probably insecure "normal job" in some aspects like her friends. What sounds better "I work at Facebook as an engineer" or "I make vlogs on Youtube showing myself going to cafes and getting my nails done". It wouldn't be so bad if Joan still had other goals outside of youtube, like she had the beginning. Earlier in her career I remember her saying she wanted to be an announcer or something like that, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. If she worked on building something outside of youtube she probably would be less insecure and not feel the need to flex so hard for her friends and followers.  

Posted (edited)

sometimes i feel bad for Joan 'cos many of her friends (be it back in states or in Korea, with the exception of some..) seemed to have set goals in their life while Joan has been wanting to be many things at once which shows even in her dressing and videos.

Edited by EarCandy

Posted

All she's flexing is her bad taste. 

Posted

watched fei’s new video and they were trying to prove their authenticity, saying that their reviews of products are honest because look at how their skin cleared up over the years. 

but then fei doesn’t use sunscreen and joan only applied that 4 dots of sunscreen which isn’t gonna do anything for her lmao idk about fei but we all know joan went for that $3000 laser to fix her skin so the entire video just made me rollll my eyes at them humble bragging that they cleared their skin due to their passion for skincare when they can’t even get the most important step, sunscreen, right. 

then on her latest Instagram on sunscreens she’s replying everyone on how sunscreen is an essential and she can’t live without it. hypocrite joan in your area.

37451F86-7EC0-4FC8-BD2A-9B135C89B4BD.png

feis skin is shit and it only got a bit better after that one time she went to korea. along with joan, she shouldnt even be giving out skin care advice.

Posted

I guess in the grand scheme of things, her friends having careers in the corporate world has longevity and they could grow old in the field with more career stability. They can get married and raise kids with that kind of a career unlike youtubers like Joan who, in 5 years time will be too immature for her original viewers and too old for the next generation of teen viewers who watch vloggers. 

These youtubers that don't seem to mature with their followers and have nothing else to offer besides their frequent trips that beauty companies paid for, overpriced cafes, frequent nail and hair salon appointments will get boring once their followers grow up. On the other side, some of their followers will feel disconnected with these youtubers who all seem to live a life of luxury, with no clear goals and self awareness. Joan's most iconic comeback to her critics "Go get a job" will bite her in the behind as pretty soon these teenagers will go to college, get degrees and proper jobs and see her for who she is. She's the one who needs a proper job or grow her channel with more relevant content that will appeal to her audience.  

Who knows, she might get married someday and take the common route of some Korean women who quit their jobs once married. 

Posted

I guess in the grand scheme of things, her friends having careers in the corporate world has longevity and they could grow old in the field with more career stability. They can get married and raise kids with that kind of a career unlike youtubers like Joan who, in 5 years time will be too immature for her original viewers and too old for the next generation of teen viewers who watch vloggers. 

These youtubers that don't seem to mature with their followers and have nothing else to offer besides their frequent trips that beauty companies paid for, overpriced cafes, frequent nail and hair salon appointments will get boring once their followers grow up. On the other side, some of their followers will feel disconnected with these youtubers who all seem to live a life of luxury, with no clear goals and self awareness. Joan's most iconic comeback to her critics "Go get a job" will bite her in the behind as pretty soon these teenagers will go to college, get degrees and proper jobs and see her for who she is. She's the one who needs a proper job or grow her channel with more relevant content that will appeal to her audience.  

Who knows, she might get married someday and take the common route of some Korean women who quit their jobs once married. 

That immaturity is not in 5 years, it's already happening now.

Posted

She seriously needs to stop this hypebaewhereverthefuckthatis thing 

Screenshot_20190630-163859.png

'OOTD' It's a huge tshirt and sneakers?? Aren't OOTDs supposed to show off nice, fashionable looks? 

Posted

She seriously needs to stop this hypebaewhereverthefuckthatis thing 

Screenshot_20190630-163859.png

this honestly is not a bad look i do wear a lot of really baggy shirts that doesnt show my pants and sneakers but knowing that she looks like a 45y.o auntie...... 

Posted

She needs to stop with the overuse of the 🤘🏻 pose. 

Posted

my god she was so god damn annoying at the point of her vlog when they were doing sheet masks on the bed

Posted

Joan's personality is just regressing. When I first watched her she seemed like a nice person with no pretension. Now she's this brand conscious, try hard hypebae and idol wannabe. It's amazing how earning some money and having minor internet fame can change a person so fast. Joan from her first year of vlogging to the current one is a totally different person.   

Posted

Joan's personality is just regressing. When I first watched her she seemed like a nice person with no pretension. Now she's this brand conscious, try hard hypebae and idol wannabe. It's amazing how earning some money and having minor internet fame can change a person so fast. Joan from her first year of vlogging to the current one is a totally different person.   

i was just thinking this. While seeing that photo i just kept wondering in my head how and why i enjoyed watching such a person.. how can a person be this different after a few years

Posted

Oh joan sweetie...

D57C6593-99EE-4F60-BCAF-7F720162F9F0.jpeg

C686334A-6226-4E56-826A-D327C9987A1D.jpeg

Posted

Hey I'm late to the party and I stopped reading just right around page pg449. What happened to the 'bye fast fashion' video? I can't seem to find it?