• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

8203 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

95% of her main channel videos were shot using her vlog camera, Canon G7 Mark ii. All her other high end cameras and DSLRs were bought mainly for flexing purposes (specific example: her Leica Q), and also she's too lazy to set up her bigger cameras to film. Talk about being "hard working".

SmartSelect_20190531-085652_YouTube.thum

^this. And I knew this would happen after Joan had posted that "Bye fast fashion" video. She had dug a hole so deep for herself and willingly jumped into it. Don't preach if you can't practice it, and nobody would have gone after your ass for it. 

This is exactly what I was trying to express. I'll admit I got a bit heated earlier, and will also admit to not being vegan/am a consumer of leather. Even I own (very few) designer items if money allows or if I receive them as gifts. I just don't know why Joan lets her fans put her on a pedestal for being so "eco-friendly" when she clearly isn't. She clearly loves the praise she receives for her being so "woke on the environment", so she continues to feed into this idea despite constantly contradicting herself.

Like come on, no one ever asked her to be eco-friendly or would chastise her if she wasn't. In fact, we're not even asking her to stop buying luxury items, a lot of people do (but we can still laugh at her for it bc her justifications for it are dumb). Like girl, just admit you love Chanel bc BlackPink does. You like material things. If you don't want to admit this, then fine, but don't preach the complete opposite. A lot of us like material things too, but we're not here making money from videos about how we're so awesome because we love the earth!!!!! uwu 9_9 Joan, realize that you're not as "eco-friendly" as you claim to be. Your Chanel and Louis bags or whatever are not isolated purchases, and you clearly put thought into them. Stop doing surface level research, and really think about where your money is going (esp if it's over $4,000 for one bag..)!! Try not to do everything just for the aesthetic. And maybe think about how you've been preaching without practicing, not just in regards to this, but in a lot other ways too. Like the comment said, no one expects her to be Saint Joan, but she lacks sincerity and has been coming off really superficial these days. It's not wrong for people to call her out on it.

Also these youtube comments are gold, but they are still isolated compared to the many blind fans telling her how great she is. I don't know how much she'll take these things into consideration, but it would be nice if she didn't delete the comments at the very least. 

Edited by rurihari
clarification

Posted

Surprise surprise, she's headed back to France next month so she can...go shopping at Loccitane. Omg she's soooooooo eco friendly. 

Posted

Surprise surprise, she's headed back to France next month so she can...go shopping at Loccitane. Omg she's soooooooo eco friendly. 

I regularly come across a bunch of L'Occitane shops and I don't even get in, if this wasn't sponsored, would she even talk about their products?

Posted

I have been trying to figure out why this girl has SOOO many pages on this thread compared to some of the others I follow (Christina Liu, Emily Ghoul, Rilacoco). i mean she gets hate for every single thing she does or doesn't do. I am not a fan, from what I know about her (which isnt a WHOLE LOT)- shes absolutely not my type of person lol but still it's a lot of pages of hate and criticism. But i think i figured it out, at least for myself. I HATE that she is AT BEST a totally average person:   average looks average personality average education who is making a HELLA GOOD living doing average things w average effort. most average ppl, even the ones above average- who work harder, are prettier, got a better education, better personality- will never get her opportunities and her lifestyle. she fcuking won the lotto starting youtube when she did and rode the wave all the way til now. like how the rich get richer because their money gives them opportunities and connections to make more money. im pretty sure she will end up w some partnership, some deal. if not, she will still be making money and making connections, networking..living it up being..average.  and i hate her for it.

Posted

I have been trying to figure out why this girl has SOOO many pages on this thread compared to some of the others I follow (Christina Liu, Emily Ghoul, Rilacoco). i mean she gets hate for every single thing she does or doesn't do. I am not a fan, from what I know about her (which isnt a WHOLE LOT)- shes absolutely not my type of person lol but still it's a lot of pages of hate and criticism. But i think i figured it out, at least for myself. I HATE that she is AT BEST a totally average person:   average looks average personality average education who is making a HELLA GOOD living doing average things w average effort. most average ppl, even the ones above average- who work harder, are prettier, got a better education, better personality- will never get her opportunities and her lifestyle. she fcuking won the lotto starting youtube when she did and rode the wave all the way til now. like how the rich get richer because their money gives them opportunities and connections to make more money. im pretty sure she will end up w some partnership, some deal. if not, she will still be making money and making connections, networking..living it up being..average.  and i hate her for it.

tbh i dont hate joan and im pretty sure most people on this site dont hate joan, so youre actually in the minority on that one sis

and if you think joans thread, which has a lot of pages but is mostly filled with people who were/are fans being like "i wish she would be better" or "i started having problems with her after she did blah blah blah", is a lot of "hate and criticism" then oh sweet summer child please stay off of some of the other big multi-threads threads like kenna

you already said you dont know a lot about joan, you can read a few pages back (i actually wrote a lengthy response to someone who called this thread hateful a while back but im not gonna repeat it here) or not, its up to you. but i feel like if you didnt actually read this thread, and dont know much about joan, do you know enough to call us "hateful" and that she "gets hate for everything she does or doesnt do"? just seems like a bit of an uneducated leap imo.

tho i will say for me, and probably a few others on this site at least, a part of it is her lack of appreciation for what she has, her fans, AND her work, and her determination to never improve herself and further call any type of criticism or comment or suggestion that she doesnt like "hate". which kind of makes her a less than great person imo. im jealous of the opportunities shes had, sure (though life isnt fair so its never gonna be a good idea to begrudge others opportunities they had that you did not despite their "averageness"), but i dont hate her for it and actually i dont hate her at all. i just wish shed be better or improve anything (even just her english ability!!!!!!! for her MULTIPLE jobs!) but shes like milk left out on the table slowly spoiling, the longer it goes on the more sour she becomes to the point where you can barely remember how much better she once was.

honestly imo your comment says more about yourself than it does about joan, or about her thread and those whove commented on it 

Posted

Joan has a lot of in-between fans, like me, who come here to rant about how much her content has been deteriorating recently. Joan has so much potential and she isn't realizing it!

For example, people like Rilacoco have a very polarized audience base. You either hate her or love her, there's no in-between. Hence, the "haters" just write a couple of criticizing comments about Coco in the thread and then forget about her existence. For Joan, I used to love her videos but recently her content has been extremely mediocre. Some of her videos are fun and entertaining, some are utterly hopeless and offer zero substance. I still keep up with her content in hopes of seeing old-Joan return, hence why I tend to comment a lot here more than in other threads.

Posted

i literally made an account just to share this with you all. her posture really annoys me for some reason. she’s a pretty girl but her posture ain’t 

87242AF6-EEE4-4535-8B0D-7592FD9CF6F0.jpeg

3A3A3AFD-36EE-426F-BE3E-5233AD17816F.jpeg

Posted

her posture hurts my eyes

358BBA51-B87E-4202-B348-2C10B084C5D6.jpeg

she’s “working on it” 

445E4B92-4AE4-43C2-9298-3DE561D0DB32.jpeg

Posted (edited)

she’s a pretty girl but her posture ain’t 

Her face posture isn't looking too good in that example pic either lol

She's making that :] face again

Screen_Shot_2019-06-02_at_5.55.08_PM.thu

Edited by throwingawayyouth

Posted

Her face posture isn't looking too good in that example pic either lol

She's making that :] face again

Screen_Shot_2019-06-02_at_5.55.08_PM.thu

ok i was trying to be nice :]

JOAN, KNOW YOUR ANGLES

Posted (edited)

I really don't understand her. There's so much hypocrisy and yet she can't admit some things  if you get what I mean. 

Whale I guess Joanday is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpPf8fx0Rw

Edited by shookys

Posted

I really don't understand her. There's so much hypocrisy and yet she can't admit some things  if you get what I mean. 

Whale I guess Joanday is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpPf8fx0Rw

I guess gentle monster vlogs are back 🤦

and also those Gucci shoes

Screenshot_20190602-201201.png

Posted (edited)

She will only being uploading once a week; maybe a combination of multiple days in one vlog then? Meh, it'll just end up being the same repetitive content as her previous vlogs. Get ready for Gentle Monster flagship store visits guys!!!!:happee:

Edited by breadstal
words

Posted

More vlogs of the same stores, overpriced cafes and her unboxing PR packages.