• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7369 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

comments from the new video xDxD

6408C034-C2FD-48AA-AB1F-60612CB2098F.jpeg

F4848F21-9D13-4AD8-9A8A-A32E7603DAAA.jpeg

A835A512-16B5-4FAD-BCBB-16522FE6B810.jpeg

04BCB6A1-65D1-447B-A4AD-C20E85C101EC.jpeg

47B353E9-7BDE-4A60-9E21-5E45BFBDB337.jpeg

85691BAF-4813-4237-9888-7A546A4354CF.jpeg

Edited by Lololololol

Posted

Does anyone else think that Joan and that Korean beauty youtuber Heizel are pretty similar? Both are in their late twenties, obsessed with Jennie, obsessed with buying high-end brands and are street-style/Hypebeast(?) Wannabies (Though I think Heizel pulls it off slightly better), and I feel like they have similar face shapes?

Posted

comments from the new video xDxD

6408C034-C2FD-48AA-AB1F-60612CB2098F.jpeg

F4848F21-9D13-4AD8-9A8A-A32E7603DAAA.jpeg

A835A512-16B5-4FAD-BCBB-16522FE6B810.jpeg

04BCB6A1-65D1-447B-A4AD-C20E85C101EC.jpeg

47B353E9-7BDE-4A60-9E21-5E45BFBDB337.jpeg

85691BAF-4813-4237-9888-7A546A4354CF.jpeg

Lol She deleted all of those. When will she learn that she should take what her viewers say and improve her content rather than deleting every comment she doesn't like.

Posted

Lol She deleted all of those. When will she learn that she should take what her viewers say and improve her content rather than deleting every comment she doesn't like.

mmm I scrolled through the comments section a minute ago and they are still there. But there's a high chance she might delete them a few days later like in her previous video.

Posted

Does anyone else think that Joan and that Korean beauty youtuber Heizel are pretty similar? Both are in their late twenties, obsessed with Jennie, obsessed with buying high-end brands and are street-style/Hypebeast(?) Wannabies (Though I think Heizel pulls it off slightly better), and I feel like they have similar face shapes?

Personally I don't see the resemblance between Heizle and Joan. Heizle is pretty obsessed with Disney and dresses more romantic? She follows a lot of girly Korean trends (and kind of dreamy chic? idk), whereas Joan seems to be really following/trying to imitate the Hypebeast trend and failing spectacularly. Not to mention Heizle is a beauty Youtuber who does makeup tutorials and is actually imo very pretty and does makeup well and seems pretty successful in Korea. Joan is like the ultimate tryhard who for some reason has less and less talent and fashion sense as she goes on and is unable to articulate thoughts in any language or edit herself to appear more intelligent. Plus Heizle doesn't seem to have changed much over the years I've been following her (same general style and makeup etc, though it's become less of my thing over the years) whereas Joan bounces from trend to trend and seems to have lost herself as she desperately tries to imitate Blackpink, which in turn makes her seem like the elderly aunt trying to fit in with the cool kids. Heizle also has gotten PS and looks more Korean gangnam unnie style that most Korean MUAs lean towards (Pony I'm looking at you...and crying a bit) while Joan has managed to avoid pressure and not go under the knife save for her recent bout of lip injections. Tbh maybe Heizle has been doing more Jennie makeup looks (idk I stopped paying close attention and unsubbed after SOOOOO many HP and Disney hauls etc) but I think that's just because she wants to hop on the Blackpink bandwagon and get those clicks since YG is pushing Blackpink HARD internationally and her face is suited to Jennie's style....but I don't think she actually seems obsessed with Jennie.

So no sorry, I really don't see it.

(Here is Heizle for those interested)

Screen_Shot_2019-05-22_at_10.54.55_PM.thScreen_Shot_2019-05-22_at_10.54.42_PM.thScreen_Shot_2019-05-22_at_10.54.35_PM.thScreen_Shot_2019-05-22_at_10.52.20_PM.th

Posted (edited)

Well as long heizle speaks English or korean better than Joan, she is better than Joan.

that recent joan and co video with Tina was like watching the blind leading the deaf. I was literally going so who sucks more at speaking English and does either party notice the other party’s shitty English ? Are their IQs just low? I don’t know what to make of it 

It was a maelstrom of shit English. Holy crap, how does Joan not notice how her ability to speak English seems to decline with every video. Her lack of vocabulary and expressions and the general struggle is so embarrassing to watch. How the f do you notice that about yourself when you edt your YouTube videos !?? She’s in her late 20s and can’t speak even speak one language properly. It was must be very stressful to lack the wherewithal to express yourself 

as a youtuber, you have the option of writing a script or cue cards etc so it appears as if you have some ability to speak excontemporaneously.  Joan does not do anything of the sort. In fact she has horrendously unflattering videos that showcase her terrible skin and language skills. I think it’s because she’s lazy or blissfully unaware of her insufferable image 

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted (edited)

Well as long heizle speaks English or korean better than Joan, she is better than Joan.

that recent joan and co video with Tina was like watching the blind leading the deaf. I was literally going so who sucks more at speaking English and does either party notice the other party’s shitty English ? Are their IQs just low? I don’t know what to make of it 

It was a maelstrom of shit English. Holy crap, how does Joan not notice how her ability to speak English seems to decline with every video. Her lack of vocabulary and expressions and the general struggle is so embarrassing to watch. How the f do you notice that about yourself when you edt your YouTube videos !?? She’s in her late 20s and can’t speak even speak one language properly. It was must be very stressful to lack the wherewithal to express yourself 

as a youtuber, you have the option of writing a script or cue cards etc so it appears as if you have some ability to speak excontemporaneously.  Joan does not do anything of the sort. In fact she has horrendously unflattering videos that showcase her terrible skin and language skills. I think it’s because she’s lazy or blissfully unaware of her insufferable image 

Can you quote some of the things they said? I've got no interest to click on the video. 

That Heizle girl is so pretty and I love her fashion style. I would feel so upset if I'm Heizle and someone said Joan is similar to me. :|

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

Heizle also has gotten PS and looks more Korean gangnam unnie style that most Korean MUAs lean towards (Pony I'm looking at you...and crying a bit) while Joan has managed to avoid pressure and not go under the knife save for her recent bout of lip injections.

I admire this about joan tbh, the pressure to look perfect is no joke. She goes from southern california to south korea, two places known for really high beauty standards, and she hasn't succumbed to the pressure to go under the knife. Not that there's anything wrong with plastic surgery but it's just so uncommon to see someone with their natural face in the beauty world. 

Posted

Personally I don't see the resemblance between Heizle and Joan. Heizle is pretty obsessed with Disney and dresses more romantic? She follows a lot of girly Korean trends (and kind of dreamy chic? idk), whereas Joan seems to be really following/trying to imitate the Hypebeast trend and failing spectacularly. Not to mention Heizle is a beauty Youtuber who does makeup tutorials and is actually imo very pretty and does makeup well and seems pretty successful in Korea. Joan is like the ultimate tryhard who for some reason has less and less talent and fashion sense as she goes on and is unable to articulate thoughts in any language or edit herself to appear more intelligent. Plus Heizle doesn't seem to have changed much over the years I've been following her (same general style and makeup etc, though it's become less of my thing over the years) whereas Joan bounces from trend to trend and seems to have lost herself as she desperately tries to imitate Blackpink, which in turn makes her seem like the elderly aunt trying to fit in with the cool kids. Heizle also has gotten PS and looks more Korean gangnam unnie style that most Korean MUAs lean towards (Pony I'm looking at you...and crying a bit) while Joan has managed to avoid pressure and not go under the knife save for her recent bout of lip injections. Tbh maybe Heizle has been doing more Jennie makeup looks (idk I stopped paying close attention and unsubbed after SOOOOO many HP and Disney hauls etc) but I think that's just because she wants to hop on the Blackpink bandwagon and get those clicks since YG is pushing Blackpink HARD internationally and her face is suited to Jennie's style....but I don't think she actually seems obsessed with Jennie.

So no sorry, I really don't see it.

(Here is Heizle for those interested)

Hidden Content

Heizle does dress street-style sometimes though (Especially if it involves high-end brands). For example:

Screenshot_20190522-230741_YouTube.thumbScreenshot_20190522-231201_Instagram.thu

I also disagree with you about Heizle only liking Jennie for clicks. If she only Re-created a makeup look of hers once that's one thing but I think she has like 5 Jennie tutorials at this point + She also hires dance teams to be her backup dancers and do BP dance covers with her so she can dance as Jennie which IMO at least kinda crosses the line over to "obsessive".

(I know she also was at that Channel event Jennie performed at that Joan was also at as well.)

I think Joan and Heizle both have that long/oval face shape which is why I thought they had a similar feature. Both girls also seem obsessed with high-end brand shopping (Though I think Heizle is a lot richer than Joan since she can just casually drop $8,000+ on Fendi stuff just cause like in her newest blog...)

I'm not saying Heizle and Joan are identical twins but I do think they have some things in common.

Posted

I admire this about joan tbh, the pressure to look perfect is no joke. She goes from southern california to south korea, two places known for really high beauty standards, and she hasn't succumbed to the pressure to go under the knife. Not that there's anything wrong with plastic surgery but it's just so uncommon to see someone with their natural face in the beauty world. 

She has talked about this before, she wanted to do her nose but didn't because she's afraid of pain so, not that admirable of a reason imo since she wanted to but just didn't have the guts. 

Posted

Really could not agree more. Like okay, they've both been in Korea for a while so maybe they've developed a bit of an accent (especially Tina). But Joan hardly speaks any Korean anyway! With Tina I'm a little more forgiving since she actually had to speak Korean for her job but I mean jeez, it's still pretty awful. How has their native tongue deteriorated this much? Even the koreaboo king himself Edward can speak way better English AND speaks more Korean than Joan (which is saying something because his Korean is awful and 99% consists of him throwing the words GUNDAE and AJU in random English sentences). With how extra she edits her videos to look all ~professional~ you'd think she'd put more effort into speaking professionally as well. A little bit of script/direction, coherency, and vocab above a 5th grade level can go a long way, Joan..

Posted

I'm not from the States, can somebody tell me how she got into Berkeley? Isn't it incredibly hard and competitive? 

Posted (edited)

Heizle reminds me of Joan in a sense that she also always advertises stuff which she of course loves so much, but 2 weeks later you'll never see it again. Just in her latest video I thought she'd do a GRWM, but ended up talking a really long time about some toner she loves to death. She said she told the brand how good it was and they sent her another one. But she never actually made it clear she bought the first one (which was barley used) herself. In the end instead of using her already opened one she opened the new one just to show how cool it was. I'm sorry, but I honestly don't believe that wasn't sponsored or sent sent to her.  And it reminded me so much of Joan.

Edited by oneminusone
typo

Posted

Can you see the difference guys? 🌗 😂

IMG_20190522_204518.jpg

20190523_153904.jpg

Posted

20190523_153904.jpg

The point to which she is copying Jennie is really crossing a fine line.....