• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

6905 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://storiesig.com/stories/joankeem

(You can kinda see the length and color in her latest IG stories)

jk1.thumb.jpg.b6babf0041d618305fa7d87035

jk2.thumb.jpg.f0a60e21fa30fab5c89cd4c7e5

jk3.thumb.jpg.88e0281d0e3d7af05028c5a37f

Honestly, I really can't believe I used to like that girl. I discovered Joan's channel because of Whitney (she went to Joan's "party" at the end of Joan Day S1 (?) So I ended up binge-watching her vlogs and now I feel as I've wasted weeks of my life instead of hours...)

She needs to stop for a while and re-evaluate her life. And her fans need to stop praising her like she's the second coming of Jesus.

Exactly this. They praise her for the most inane stuff? Like, omg Joan unnieeeeeeeee you and your brother are so funny !!! How is her and Abe giggling at each other and over pronouncing everything funny?

OMG Joan unieeeee you look so beautiful with your rat fur hair!!! Queen!! UnNIeEEeEeeeeeee!! !  

Edited by Chewy

Posted

I think ivan meant she came off aggressively sociable which also means she comes off as fake. We can sometimes see it in her video. The video with eddy getting ready in jakarta maybe when they first revealed being cheating on / eddys ex lying joan was so fake and doing her crazy fake laugh thing

Posted

Nothing about joan suggests that she's socially awkward, I thought she's described herself as sociable in the past? She seems pretty extroverted, though you can't really tell these things for sure from behind a screen. She probably just comes off strong when you first meet her. 

Posted

Nothing about joan suggests that she's socially awkward, I thought she's described herself as sociable in the past? She seems pretty extroverted, though you can't really tell these things for sure from behind a screen. She probably just comes off strong when you first meet her. 

(sorry I'm rly spamming the thread today)

Honestly she just seems kind of cold and disinterested, and maybe that puts people off? 

Posted (edited)

did anyone notice how Joan had to actually buy the Noonoo fingers x Sunnydahye earrings? I thought that if they were good friends, Sunny would just gift them to Joan...

on another note, when she says "I love the fabric that they use," she doesn't even bother trying to describe what the fabric is like. Clearly she doesn't even know how to use her adjectives.

Edited by sleepysloth

Posted

Actually i think fellow youtube friends should buy the products youtubers make instead of being gifted them. Thats true support.

Joan never bought eddys cushion and he was lazy so she was the last friend to get it lol im surprised troiareku didnt  give it to her before eddy did lol

I think she didnt like the autumn earrings because she just mentioned them but didnt bother showing them or having a product shot of them yet she went out of her way to take out those ugly dollar store looking heart earrings, take product shots and even model them

Posted

did anyone notice how Joan had to actually buy the Noonoo fingers x Sunnydahye earrings? I thought that if they were good friends, Sunny would just gift them to Joan...

on another note, when she says "I love the fabric that they use," she doesn't even bother trying to describe what the fabric is like. Clearly she doesn't even know how to use her adjectives.

she's so bad at elaborating she makes me think that most of the time she's just putting all these products into a favorites for the sake of it? i only managed to watch through the first product and it was already badly explained. "it's so gentle" WHY? WHY IS IT GENTLE? is it free from certain irritating ingredients? "im surprised it created so much foam" so what if it does? isn't foam cleansers bad? does it contains sls since it's foamy?

then again who am i kidding, this is the girl who puts lavender oil, a highly irritable ingredient, into a facial cream so it will help u sleep better. joan if i wanted to sleep better i would just burn the oil in a burner rather than put it on my face and let it irritate it smh. she knows shit about skincare but still shamelessly talks about skincare rofl

Posted

I had written a comment about Ivan's q&a with her but it didn't post. But at the part in question about Ivan telling people he introduces her to, to "giver her 10 minutes," Joan followed up and said that a lot of her friends tell her that she comes off "harsh" in the way she engages with people because she's a Scorpio and just says what she thinks and doesn't sugar coat it for others. Thinking back to the shopping trip with Kim and Sunny and all the passive aggressive bitchy remarks she made that in her mind she thinks is just her trying to realte with who she's with, I know the behavior they are getting at and it's not being socially awkward in that you are slow to warm-up but the social awkwardness that comes from not having the emotional intelligence to realize that you may have offended someone or put them off.

I started to notice way back when she was in the states going to all those back to back weddings like a year ago that she's pretty self-absorbed and lacks the ability to read the room or the energy of the people she's with. Like there were multiple occasions where her non-influencer friends were clearly annoyed with her trying to vlog every waking moment they spent together from ice cream dates to the one friend's entire wedding ceremony and reception. Or when she shoves the camera in the face of people who are trying to hide from it. Also whenever she is with a group "showing them around" she always drags them around to do what she wants to do. She can just come off very self-involved.

Posted (edited)

My theory is that due to all the hate she got for copying Jennie she’s now copying Lisa she got the same hair color and length all that missing is the bangs she’s also been dressing more casually and her and Abe’s abstract idea of “street style” also she bought the Chanel backpack Lisa was seen wearing she even wore it the the video where Abe styles her

5CC48C98-CD6C-4371-A619-813C699B3E8A.png

Edited by Alliecat

Posted

My theory is that due to all the hate she got for copying Jennie she’s now copying Lisa she got the same hair color and length all that missing is the bangs she’s also been dressing more casually and her and Abe’s abstract idea of “street style” also she bought the Chanel backpack Lisa was seen wearing she even wore it the the video where Abe styles her

I think that’s just how long her hair is lol, but I mean you could be right. Wouldn’t be unusual for her but not everything’s a conspiracy.

on a semi-related note, I also think Joan’s annoying and her videos are bad but this thread seems to have become a circle-jerk of people insulting her over literally anything these days. It used to be more criticism but now seems to mostly be straight up hate? 

Posted

she has always been copying blackpink it's not only jennie. she bought a reformation shirt lisa wore and burberry tee rose wore. 

Posted

I think that’s just how long her hair is lol, but I mean you could be right. Wouldn’t be unusual for her but not everything’s a conspiracy.

on a semi-related note, I also think Joan’s annoying and her videos are bad but this thread seems to have become a circle-jerk of people insulting her over literally anything these days. It used to be more criticism but now seems to mostly be straight up hate? 

It's because she's annoying but also boring. If it's seems repetitive it's because she only ever does the same things all the time - shop, make d-grade boring videos and copy Blackpink. 

Posted

I had written a comment about Ivan's q&a with her but it didn't post. But at the part in question about Ivan telling people he introduces her to, to "giver her 10 minutes," Joan followed up and said that a lot of her friends tell her that she comes off "harsh" in the way she engages with people because she's a Scorpio and just says what she thinks and doesn't sugar coat it for others. Thinking back to the shopping trip with Kim and Sunny and all the passive aggressive bitchy remarks she made that in her mind she thinks is just her trying to realte with who she's with, I know the behavior they are getting at and it's not being socially awkward in that you are slow to warm-up but the social awkwardness that comes from not having the emotional intelligence to realize that you may have offended someone or put them off.

I started to notice way back when she was in the states going to all those back to back weddings like a year ago that she's pretty self-absorbed and lacks the ability to read the room or the energy of the people she's with. Like there were multiple occasions where her non-influencer friends were clearly annoyed with her trying to vlog every waking moment they spent together from ice cream dates to the one friend's entire wedding ceremony and reception. Or when she shoves the camera in the face of people who are trying to hide from it. Also whenever she is with a group "showing them around" she always drags them around to do what she wants to do. She can just come off very self-involved.

that might be true BUTTTTTT even if it is, i still think then its something joan should actively work on and is kind of shitty thing not to work on if shes aware enough of it from people telling her shes harsh/hearing ivan say give her 10 minutes as a warm up. (i also think people saying she comes across as "harsh" is their way of sugarcoating how she really comes across)

like i get it, its hard to be self aware sometimes but at a certain point it just comes across to me as making excuses for shitty behavior so you can keep doing them/never having to change. it kind of reminds me of when i watch those wedding dress shows and one friends like "IM BRUTALLY HONEST" or "OH SHES SASSY" and then they insult the bride/the consultant/the designer whatever and its just a way for them to be rude af and say mean shit and "get away with it." you can be honest and sassy and still not be a shitty person/say mean things/be so self involved you put all others' needs or wishes behind you. for me with joan its just toxic behavior (esp making those snide passive aggressive comments about her friends and PUTTING IT IN A VIDEO ONLINE TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE) and i think it makes her a bad friend. i also think that the type of people who say whatever comes to their mind+are "brutally honest" are actually just mean people having mean thoughts and feeling the need to share those mean thoughts with others. ive met people who say whatever comes to mind and its kind of silly like "did you ever wonder why there are no civilizations under water" like the thoughts they have in their mind are not automatically mean and hurtful. it just shows me what kind of person joan is that shes bubbling over with these negative/cruel/judgmental thoughts.

its disappointing to me that she shows no signs of trying to work on herself/improve herself regarding this when its been pointed out to her before and its really disappointing to me that she has so many people, including ivan who genuinely seems like a sweetheart, who put up with that toxic behavior thereby enabling joan to continue doing it. maybe if people stopped letting her get away with it she would finally be forced to change.

Posted

that might be true BUTTTTTT even if it is, i still think then its something joan should actively work on and is kind of shitty thing not to work on if shes aware enough of it from people telling her shes harsh/hearing ivan say give her 10 minutes as a warm up. (i also think people saying she comes across as "harsh" is their way of sugarcoating how she really comes across)

She DOES know this about herself and is proud of it, hence saying she "changes for no one" right after Ivan tells her that he likes how she doesn't care. 

Skin care street wear sustainable fashion Blink queen wears that sassy attitude as a badge of honor.

I know someone will report back to her and she'll dismiss it as people not knowing her personally. Ashley and them seem to like her enough so there must be something endearing lol

Posted

Joan's brother Abe: "I know that anything green is supposed to be good for the skin."

He must have absorbed Joan's stupidity back when he edited her videos.