• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7299 posts in this topic

Posted

Tbh I think the hair looks okay, as long as she keeps those ratty ass extensions away from her head. 

Posted

Those potato crisps she showed while dying her hair gives me the most awful cystic acne. Do not recommend. And only tastes pretty ok. Joan, if youre reading this, make a skincare clinic appointment now before the cystic acne erupts! 

Posted

I wonder how it's really like to meet Joan for the first time? I watched that Q & A with Ivan and he said that he tells his friends to give her 10 minutes to warm up and please don't judge right away. I'm trying to think of people in my life that I would make this kind of argument for and I can't think of any. Maybe I'm just lacking in variety of friends?

Posted

I wonder how it's really like to meet Joan for the first time? I watched that Q & A with Ivan and he said that he tells his friends to give her 10 minutes to warm up and please don't judge right away. I'm trying to think of people in my life that I would make this kind of argument for and I can't think of any. Maybe I'm just lacking in variety of friends?

as much as Joan annoys me, social awkwardness is something I personally struggle with and I don't think it's fair to judge her for having a hard time to warm up to new people. it's very common and a lot of people struggle with it. I think ivan is really empathetic and kind for speaking up for his friend instead of ditching her to fend for herself. Joan is lucky to have him. 

Posted (edited)

as much as Joan annoys me, social awkwardness is something I personally struggle with and I don't think it's fair to judge her for having a hard time to warm up to new people. it's very common and a lot of people struggle with it. I think ivan is really empathetic and kind for speaking up for his friend instead of ditching her to fend for herself. Joan is lucky to have him. 

I actually don't think she's socially awkward. If you watch the video, Ivan actually praises her for being extremely sociable and can talk to people any time, anywhere and in any situation (admirable, IMO)

I actually think she might come off strong or abrasive, which is why people might be offended or taken aback by it. It's not about "ditching people" if they're socially awkward. That's way different than having a friend you have to warn people about before introducing them.

I'm not coming for socially awkward people (I am too, hello where's the club meeting) and I think it's clearer if you watch the video. You can totally see her attitude about it ("I don't change for anyone, I don't care").

Edited by Ano
:)

Posted

oh no! Joan better contact Neogen about this! Everybody is trying to copy our homegirl’s super original packaging. All that hard work wasted.

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚

3DA49D49-A423-4D9F-8D0A-BCB0E30171B9.jpeg

Posted

oh no! Joan better contact Neogen about this! Everybody is trying to copy our homegirl’s super original packaging. All that hard work wasted.

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚

3DA49D49-A423-4D9F-8D0A-BCB0E30171B9.jpeg

Aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha oh my god 

Posted

i am so glad she got rid of those ugly extensions 

Posted

Well surprise surprise her brother has the same awful taste in clothes 

Posted

tbh im super socially awkward and have massive social anxiety (although i believe ive learned to hide it relatively well) but i would be pissed if i found out my friends were introducing me like that. im not some bizarre creature, people will either like me or they wont but they can make that decision for themselves after they talk to me sans intro. hearing someone describe meeting me like that ("she needs 10 minutes to warm up/don't judge her at first") would just make me feel really alienated and other-ed and just awful, like i cant have a basic human interaction without other people being prepped for how bizarre i am. 

i do think ivan was probably being too empathetic (since he seems like a genuinely good person who is tbqh too good for joan), although imho i still think its a good intentions-bad follow through kind of thing. but i also do think from what we've seen joan is not so much socially awkward as tryhard with a good dose of rudeness/judginess that comes across. and ive only ever had to warn friends when they were meeting someone who could say offensive/rude things, not when they were meeting someone socially awkward. i dont do that as much now though, cuz i generally dont hang out with people who are rude/offensive/abrasive anymore. but to me joan seems like that type

could be wrong though and u could be right, just my thoughts :alpacaheadshake:

also can someone post her hair pics, i dont wanna give her more views

Posted

Well surprise surprise her brother has the same awful taste in clothes 

the video was so cringey and they thought that wearing anything supreme equates to hypebae fashion

Posted

when i was watching that hypebae video, the music was BLASTING every time it switched to a clip of her wearing whatever awfully styled hypebae fashion. Did she not even take the time to adjust the volumes of the music in her video so that i didn't have to turn the volume up every time Abe talked and turn it back down when it switched to her outfit? It really shows how much effort she's putting in here.

Posted (edited)

apparently they thought wearing heels or feminine shoes for all of the outfits are hypebae material. As someone who dresses more like a street type of style... this video rubs me in a wrong way.

1. It does not take a lot of effort to go to hypebae instagram profile to look at the general consensus of a hypebae look. Even their insta profile teaches on how to dress like one better than her video

2. Hypebae looks but teaching people how to wear tshirts, pants and heels (???).

3. We all can safely conclude Joan doesnt look good in oversized tshirts, sweatshirts etc.

4. Showing us supreme or any of those popular brands.. Maybe you can tell us something we don't know?

In conclusion, Joan you need to work haRder if you want to support you and your brother's extravagant life. This just seems like another attempt to have some quantity in her video uploads.

Edited by EarCandy

Posted

Ugh, barf. She thinks she's an idol because her minions say shit like this to her. 

Also how boring is this video? I would say make a vlog but her European ones were so obnoxious because all she does is film her own face. I can't believe I used to like her so much? 

Screenshot_20190427_091930.jpg

Posted

also can someone post her hair pics, i dont wanna give her more views

https://storiesig.com/stories/joankeem

(You can kinda see the length and color in her latest IG stories)

jk1.thumb.jpg.b6babf0041d618305fa7d87035

jk2.thumb.jpg.f0a60e21fa30fab5c89cd4c7e5

jk3.thumb.jpg.88e0281d0e3d7af05028c5a37f

Honestly, I really can't believe I used to like that girl. I discovered Joan's channel because of Whitney (she went to Joan's "party" at the end of Joan Day S1 (?) So I ended up binge-watching her vlogs and now I feel as I've wasted weeks of my life instead of hours...)

She needs to stop for a while and re-evaluate her life. And her fans need to stop praising her like she's the second coming of Jesus.