• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

6923 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't believe that out of all the questions she could've answered, she answered questions like what was your favourite scene in the avengers or whatever, I mean it doesn't have to be a philosophical q&a but she really picked the most stupid questions to answer 

Posted

I can't believe that out of all the questions she could've answered, she answered questions like what was your favourite scene in the avengers or whatever, I mean it doesn't have to be a philosophical q&a but she really picked the most stupid questions to answer 

She wants to be that cool 'I'm not like other girls!!!' girl reeeeeeaaaallllllll bad 

Posted (edited)

She wants to be that cool 'I'm not like other girls!!!' girl reeeeeeaaaallllllll bad 

D6D6C307-DC06-43A3-B459-798252390305.thu

Edited by lovechu

Posted

maybe her fans only ask her stupid questions?? Her videos are pretty damn unwatchable 

Posted (edited)

Out of many other youtubers in Korea, Joan is seriously lacking a lot. Her content has been so stale and it really shows the lack of effort in her videos since last year. Q&A, Joan&Co. are all so simple videos. Yes, Joan&Co. is slightly interesting as compared to her previous streaks of GRWM and Skincare routine videos but she just does it so often now because its easy to film and all she has to do is to invite her friend and talk infront of camera. You can then compare that "effort" to people vlogging new cafes or their daily lives. It has come to a point that she only films like once a month out of her house.

What's worst is that youtube is technically Joan's career (apart from her occasional radio work). It is indeed hard to keep up the momentum especially since Joan started off great and being relatable for many, but now her snobbish attitude and her airhead personality is really coming into light and many of her old viewers are starting to notice. 

Joan will not change much until she receives a huge backlash (for whatever she could possibly do) and I can only see her doing more stupid and hypocritical things and more precious tea in this forum until she really gets it hard (be it backlash or being called out by her friends or mother which is highly unlikely at this moment).

Edited by EarCandy

Posted (edited)

As for whatever backlash she might get? I think Joan is a bit of a goodie goodie to not actually do anything so scandalous that will get her into huge trouble. She worst she can do is probably act like a typical privileged person that is very tone deaf and out of touch with reality. Just look at how she approached the Watson's thing. She made all these angry outbursts without getting all the information first and just condemned a huge company like that for "copying" her. When many of her more mature followers looked into it and discovered that the products are different, released before hers and only had similar packaging that wasn't even the original idea of both Joan/Neogen and Watson's, she still insisted that someone in Neogen is looking into it and she never acknowledged that she perhaps jumped the gun there. She just swept that under the rug and still continued to stomp her foot like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum. I doubt Neogen really did anything about it after Joan mentioned it to them. I think they just told her they will look into it to humor her because they know that they have no case against Watson's.  

Joan's career will not end due to any sort of scandal or backlash. She will quit Youtube on her own, I mean, her foot is already halfway out the door at this point as her videos for the past year or so have been lacking in effort and she's clearly not happy doing them anymore. She just doesn't have the courage to quit just yet because she still needs the money to pay for Abe's schooling and if affords her a cushy lifestyle rubbing elbows with idols pretending she's one herself, the nice stuff that comes with the job and the low effort but high income that it is.  

Edited by talky_owl

Posted

As for whatever backlash she might get? I think Joan is a bit of a goodie goodie to not actually do anything so scandalous that will get her into huge trouble. She worst she can do is probably act like a typical privileged person that is very tone deaf and out of touch with reality. Just look at how she approached the Watson's thing. She made all these angry outbursts without getting all the information first and just condemned a huge company like that for "copying" her. When many of her more mature followers looked into it and discovered that the products are different, released before hers and only had similar packaging that wasn't even the original idea of both Joan/Neogen and Watson's, she still insisted that someone in Neogen is looking into it and she never acknowledged that she perhaps jumped the gun there. She just swept that under the rug and still continued to stomp her foot like a spoiled child throwing a tantrum. I doubt Neogen really did anything about it after Joan mentioned it to them. I think they just told her they will look into it to humor her because they know that they have no case against Watson's.  

Joan's career will not end due to any sort of scandal or backlash. She will quit Youtube on her own, I mean, her foot is already halfway out the door at this point as her videos for the past year or so have been lacking in effort and she's clearly not happy doing them anymore. She just doesn't have the courage to quit just yet because she still needs the money to pay for Abe's schooling and if affords her a cushy lifestyle rubbing elbows with idols pretending she's one herself, the nice stuff that comes with the job and the low effort but high income that it is.  

I think what might happen is she'll blindly agree with something and end up in trouble, because she doesn't know anything about anything. She thinks she's much more worldly and interesting than she actually is because she 'travels' a lot (read: gets paid to go shopping somewhere outside of Seoul) 

Posted

Oh no. Joan just did a Kwon Eunbi makeup tutorial. 

Posted

I want ppl to request a video of Joan only speaking korean lol I would watch that just to see her suffer.

Posted (edited)

I want ppl to request a video of Joan only speaking korean lol I would watch that just to see her suffer.

I remember she did a video speaking in korean like years back (joanday s1) and even then her korean sounded awkward and it doesnt seem like her korean improved much...

Edited by EarCandy

Posted

instagram vs reality lmao.

when you thought Ivan did her good but it was just Facetune 

EDA5666D-9CC7-4DB4-AB76-5FA94709EBD6.jpeg

480CCE5F-C45C-4288-881E-620DAA61B02A.jpeg

The heck lol how did her face decrease in size by like half in the photo .. lol

Posted

The heck lol how did her face decrease in size by like half in the photo .. lol

The instagram picture looks like her head got photoshopped on it. She or Ivan edited the picture wayyy too much.

Posted

Okay so I know even some people on this website have made the comparison to eunbi but honest to god I can't see it. For lee jongsuk I agree with ivan, it's the lips in particular but eunbi, they look nothing alike to me. 

Anyway, I wish joan would've done a close up on the eye makeup, it was the point of the look but you can't really see it cause the camera is so far away. Maybe if the lip was dark red like it was in the instagram pic it would've looked more similar but wow having the two side by side really struck me with how edited it was.