• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

6905 posts in this topic

Posted

I think she looks good here. For the first time since I remember she actually looks young and not aged.

5cb725abb9145_Captura_de_Tela_2019-04-17

She looks so cute and pretty here! Going back to basics definitely works better for her.

Posted

If she straight-up went to LA just to stalk blackpink isn't she going into Saesang territory now?!

Posted

their concert is tonight in LA so she's probably there for that because im pretty sure she said at one point she was going to the show in LA, i think a bunch of places sponsored some influencers and she might be one of them 

Posted

Joan should visit US more often. Her friends there seem more genuine people with feet on the ground and a lot more intelligent with serious career goals, families and friendships. Her friends in Korea are mostly Youtubers or idols who sadly have more influence on her rather than she on them. She seems like the type to be a follower and she gets influenced a lot by people around her. I think her talking to her friends who live normal lives in the US can get her grounded as Joan's ego seem to be all over the place lately just because she hangs out with idols and other people who have too much money to spend for things that do not make them happy in the end.   

Posted

Joan should visit US more often. Her friends there seem more genuine people with feet on the ground and a lot more intelligent with serious career goals, families and friendships. Her friends in Korea are mostly Youtubers or idols who sadly have more influence on her rather than she on them. She seems like the type to be a follower and she gets influenced a lot by people around her. I think her talking to her friends who live normal lives in the US can get her grounded as Joan's ego seem to be all over the place lately just because she hangs out with idols and other people who have too much money to spend for things that do not make them happy in the end.   

FACTS. Her friends in the US seems more genuine and I really like their vibe haha

Posted

not really. At first I thought this too. Then I watched Joan and Co with her Claudine Harvard friend and just..... wow... what aimless, privileged people! 

Posted (edited)

She only met Claudine recently though, not in university or high school and Claudine is sort of cut above the rest of them as she seems richer and academically smarter than them. And going back to my statement of Joan being easily influenced, Claudine had an immense influence on Joan in a way that when she started to hang out with Claudine, she became a pretentious pseudo intellectual with deep thoughts that can't quite hack it in the way Claudine does. Claudine's privileged af, I agree but that's who she has always been unlike Joan here who pretty much emulates whoever she hangs out with very fast. She's an idol hypebae Jennie wannabe these days due to being with Christine or Ashley a lot who work in the industry, she's a sassy person when she's with Edward who is problematic but he's always been a sassy person, she pretends to be a deep thinker when she's with Claudine, but when she's with her university friends, I reckon  that is what the real Joan is. Just a normal Korean American who keeps to her lane and living a middle class life.  

Edited by talky_owl

Posted

It boggles my mind that adults like Joan and Christine, cannot be bothered to make an effort to improve their language kills. If anything Korea probably has more resources for learning English. I can’t understand people with resources to improve themselves but chose to stay lackluster

Posted (edited)

It boggles my mind that adults like Joan and Christine, cannot be bothered to make an effort to improve their language kills. If anything Korea probably has more resources for learning English. I can’t understand people with resources to improve themselves but chose to stay lackluster

well st least Joan has taken up reading since she stopped daily vlogging. However she seems to read very little considering how much free time she has. I’m also surprised how she puts no effort into korean Since she lives there. I was shocked when I found out the language on her phone was set to English. Shocked because she didn’t know the word for shuffle in koreAn ( it was in one of the videos with Ashleigh 

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

Joan went to UC Berkeley...How?!?! LOL. Berkeley is a hard school to get into. It's in par with UCLA and I think even Stanford. I'm trying to give Joan the benefit of doubt, but her english is pretty limited and has too many grammar issues. That's harsh coming from me because my English is not good as well, and I tend to make many grammar mistakes lmao 😆. But she graduated from Berkeley....

Obviously, Joan doesn't know anything about skincare which is why she's always talking about the packaging and aesthetic of it. FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT. I have to give props to Joan for making it this far with her limited knowledge about skincare and horrible makeup techniques. Girlie is good at scamming people.

She's the OG 'Joanne the scammer' lol

giphy.gif

Posted

F4F71C54-C4AB-41B3-9E49-88089BA50F82.thu

if this doesn't describe Joan idk what does

How She Styles Her Hair video!!!! akdhssjsj

Posted

OT but christine's makeup is always a mess. Her white af foundation is always so jarring.

It's always surprising to remember that Joan is literally a college graduate and works in radio when her oratory skills are so childish/limited in both content and vocabulary. And even if you don't have a wide vocabulary you can still express complex thoughts very well but everything she says is so surface level, even with these supposedly "deep" talks. It's not as noticeable when she keeps her content solely about beauty or vlogging.

Posted

OT but christine's makeup is always a mess. Her white af foundation is always so jarring.

It's always surprising to remember that Joan is literally a college graduate and works in radio when her oratory skills are so childish/limited in both content and vocabulary. And even if you don't have a wide vocabulary you can still express complex thoughts very well but everything she says is so surface level, even with these supposedly "deep" talks. It's not as noticeable when she keeps her content solely about beauty or vlogging.

really? I still find it noticeable when Joan is struggling to speak or come up with the correct word or gives up on finishing her thought with a “yeah” or a “so.” Also she uses the same words over and over again to describe stuff because her brain struggles so much lol

Posted

Oh no, Drunk elephant sent her a products with green+pink color combo. Waiting for Neogen and Joan to sue the shit out of them! :haiplz: