• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

6977 posts in this topic

Posted

Does Joan even read the news? Maybe she doesn’t even know about it. I get the impression she just goes scrolls through Instagram and stalks Jennie.., I assume she gets her news from her friends or her mom if they happen to mention news to Joan 

She strikes me as the kind of person who says she does, and probably does...but doesn't take any of it in. 

Posted

"Anxiety and Depression" is literally in her thumbnail.

Posted

in the video joan had a section where she made the disclaimer that they are "not psychologists" lol like no shit i don't think anyone clicked into the video thinking that they are mental health professionals 

Posted

...joan kim is considered...korean entertainment? i--

Posted (edited)

You know what's good for her to talk about instead of these things like her thinking she's some sort of woke ass person? Body image. Heavier body shapes are always talked about and I am glad there's a movement with regards to that but there is very little talk about the skinnier body types. The insecurities are also there. I have the same body type as Joan as I am skinny. A lot of Asian girls are the same as her. Even though I eat healthy and full meals, people always assume I have some sort of eating disorder, I have no boobs nor butt to speak of just like her, my bad posture can be more prominent, many clothes don't look good as well. I was also bullied for it as the mean girls called me a stick and boys wouldn't find me attractive as I have no sexuality at all. When I was younger I felt insecure about these things the same way as a curvier teenager would. This topic is a lot more relevant to her than thinking she's some sort of celebrity/idol just because she hangs out with D Listers. I'm sure she also went through things like that as being a super skinny person.   

Edited by talky_owl

Posted

...joan kim is considered...korean entertainment? i--

Not even gonna bother giving her a view but by that last title lol maybe she's onto something because it's purely comedic for her to think that... I have to LAUGH 

Posted

those glasses looks SO. BAD. on her my goodness, especially when she turns side ways

also no matter how zlist christine was, her idol experience is a hell of a lot more valid than joan's "entertainment" business on radio/youtube, she needs to stop thinking she's in the same league as christine/ashley/alex/her small idol friends who actually have experience being idols even though its minuscule 

Posted (edited)

So do you guys think that Joan is foing to say something about the abortion situation in Korea? 

You know that girl does not possess the intelligence to speak adequately about any serious subject matter. 

If by any chance she does talk about it, we can probably expect something along the lines of "um," "like, yeah, it's like, really important", "um" "like, a big deal" "um, like society". 

Also did anyone notice that Joan was relatively quiet this time around for Blackpink's comeback? Maybe homegirl finally realized her stalker tendencies and decided to hold back this time?

Jennie, whom I believe is Joan's number 1 obsession out of all BP girls, has pretty much been on a Chanel kick as of late and that is out of Joan's price range. We may see Joan with a Chanel bag some times in the future, but with Chanel RTW I do not see Joan having the budget for (when I say RTW, I mean actual RTW pieces, t-shirts not included) so there's not much she can do in terms of copying Jennie's style.

Then in recent airport photos, Lisa's spotted with a Hermes Kelly, retail at 10K+ depending on size and material; Rose was seen with a Delvaux Brillant bag (which is about 5.5-6K USD, and about 20% less if you're lucky enough to purchase it in Europe). None of those I believe Joan would drop the cash for. So the most I think we'll see Joan copy are either t-shirts, sneakers and maybe a more "reasonably priced" bag here and there. Basically as BP gets bigger their outfits will get too expensive for Joan to copy. Which is actually a good thing for her because as adults, we need to be responsible and, to borrow from Kevin Hart "stay in our financial lane".

Edited by wickedegg

Posted

At this point she's just using her friends for video content. 

Posted

At this point she's just using her friends for video content. 

SPOT ON.

She may be posting more meaningful videos but around 80% of these videos, her friends are always taking the lead to talk about the main points in their topics. She' really working hard.

Posted

Side note but it's soooooo cringey how people in her comments call her 'eonni' 

Posted

She really needs to lose those extensions and glasses because it's just making her extra ugly. 

Posted (edited)

So do you guys think that Joan is foing to say something about the abortion situation in Korea? 

Joan is a devote Calvinist (her tulip tattoo is based on Calvinistic beliefs) so pretty sure shes prolife and against abortion. In what world would she talk about this issue tho. She isnt even mentioning the burning molka scandal and thats related to the kpop world

Edited by autumnleaves

Posted

Joan is a devote Calvinist (her tulip tattoo is based on Calvinistic beliefs) so pretty sure shes prolife and against abortion. In what world would she talk about this issue tho. She isnt even mentioning the burning molka scandal and thats related to the kpop world

Oh ew. I hope that's not true. Not that she'll ever address it if she was. 

Posted

Joan doesn’t make videos about korean news topics so I don’t know why everyone is surprised she’s not making videos about those topics. 

And She definitely doesn’t understand korean news that’s in korean. At most she likes making clickbaity video related to Korea or Kpop