• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7409 posts in this topic

Posted

tbh i always have thought she looked similar to eunbi but not enough to ever get them "confused" like eunbi is way prettier 

also as someone who prefers long hair on most people i wish joan would take these damn extensions out

Posted

this youtuber - hauted0ll maybe one of the first to speak out about the Joan day and night cream and the cons, she was really open about it too!

Posted

Joan's extensions didn't look that bad when she got them done and the salon curled her hair...but jeez...she's really bad at styling her hair. The curls are so damn messy and her hair always looks kind of wet & matted? like a wet dog ? 

Posted

this youtuber - hauted0ll maybe one of the first to speak out about the Joan day and night cream and the cons, she was really open about it too!

Can already feel that Joan will whine about this and bring up how people are criticizing her for actually being truthful. This youtuber mentioned how she didn't like the packaging (lol) and then she got straight to the point about how the cream is not anything it claims to be. This was great, love her for keeping it real!! 👏👏

Posted (edited)

I thought of Joan's extensions when I saw the recent Buzzfeed video (Cheap Vs. Expensive: Hair Extensions) and seeing them blend extension colors for the girl, cutting the extensions so they really blend in, the woman talking specifically about how to compensate for short natural hair, and how their most expensive hair costs $319 vs Joan's questionable looking $500 extensions... Of course these salons are going above and beyond for 'influencers' who are showing their work on their channel, but since Joan featured the salon as well on her video, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have gone above and beyond, too. Maybe Joan's look worse because she's uploading videos regularly, whereas this is one video of Kelsey with extensions, but the results look so different imo.

I've seen so many bad hair extensions jobs in Korea, from celebrities to K-Youtubers to commoners I'm not that surprised tbh

Also just saw this today as well

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-11 um 04.55.27.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-11 um 04.56.04.png

Edited by oneminusone

Posted

I'm actually subscribed to Lily and she's pretty honest in her reviews. She has great style too, I've even bought from her depop lol......anyways I hope Joan doesn't shade her or something next video after her minions sends this to her lmfao....

Posted (edited)

I'm actually subscribed to Lily and she's pretty honest in her reviews. She has great style too, I've even bought from her depop lol......anyways I hope Joan doesn't shade her or something next video after her minions sends this to her lmfao....

Nah Joan will pretend that she doesn't know about it and will continue repost only those who praises her useless cream. 

Also I wonder who made the thumbnail for her extensions video because the "long hair don't care" caption is so accurate. She literally doesn't care about her hair. The wet dog description is so accurate too xD 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

In Joan’s fans’ defense, I think they are just not used to korean faces so everyone looks the same. It’s not a racist thing when people say black people all look the same etc... it’s legit just a lack of experience seeing korean faces so they have trouble differentiating Korean people. Of all the people mentioned, eunbi from izone is the only one with similar features in the nose/mouth area imo... 

There were like 39 votes on that Sunmi comment so all these people probably agree 

Posted

idk why but for some reason i burst out laughing reading this 😂

initially i was going to say french fries but i felt that would be over exaggerating haha. 

Her new gentle monster glasses clearly don't work to protect her eyes from the dust cus she is BLIND if she thinks her extensions look good. Im sorry but she was really feeling herself while curing them, homegirl looks haggard as heck! 

image.jpeg

Posted

Joan's extensions didn't look that bad when she got them done and the salon curled her hair...but jeez...she's really bad at styling her hair. The curls are so damn messy and her hair always looks kind of wet & matted? like a wet dog ? 

hahaha good one there. i guess it ties down to the use of the wrong heat tool and technique? curling wands like the one she used don't work well on super long hair because it doesn't distribute the heat evenly, causing the hair to clump and the curl turns out looking very piece-y (hence the wet dog look). also she half-ass curls her hair everytime so what can we expect.

see how the hair bunches up as she wraps them around the curling wand? but if this is the look she likes to go for then :meowplz:

Capture.thumb.PNG.676d34e86e7cb3a10275f6

Posted (edited)

Screen_Shot_2019-04-11_at_12.21.11_AM.th

lmfao this comment on her video was a wild ride for me to read

Edited by nalyoo

Posted

That’s rich omg so instead of her being honest with a product she actually tried she wants her to “be polite” aka lie? Probably a Joan minion. Either way I’d rather have someone be brutally honest with their review instead of recommending products they haven’t even tried out *cough*

Posted

Not up to date with all of Joan's fashion brands but didn't she say that her style icon is Jessica Jung? I reckon Jessica's style suits Joan more with the classic looks instead of all the streetwear she dons like she's some sort of gangster/hypebae. Does she own any Blanc & Eclare bits? I know they're overpriced basic stuff and Jessica's eyewear cost around the same as Gentle Monster. But they're the sort of overpriced basic things that someone with Joan's disposable income and disposition will buy. At least Jessica's clothes and accessories will suit Joan more. Just my opinion, though.    

Posted

Not up to date with all of Joan's fashion brands but didn't she say that her style icon is Jessica Jung? I reckon Jessica's style suits Joan more with the classic looks instead of all the streetwear she dons like she's some sort of gangster/hypebae. Does she own any Blanc & Eclare bits? I know they're overpriced basic stuff and Jessica's eyewear cost around the same as Gentle Monster. But they're the sort of overpriced basic things that someone with Joan's disposable income and disposition will buy. At least Jessica's clothes and accessories will suit Joan more. Just my opinion, though.    

Joan has always been inconsistent with herself, she said Jessica was her style icon before meeting Jessica Jung in some event and last year when Blackpink got hot because of the DDDD, Jennie suddenly became Joan's ultimate girl crush. At this rate, Joan is just trying so hard to be someone most of the time..

Posted

"don't know why you're so full of yourself, sheesh!" it's just a cream aayu it ain't that deep honey. skincare works differently on different people.