• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

6710 posts in this topic

Posted

joan has mentioned she used to drive when she lived in southern california but hasn't driven since she moved to the bay area, i think she said she hasn't driven in like a decade? but it makes since because both the bay area and seoul/mokpo(where she was before) have efficient and not super expensive public transport

Posted (edited)

Ok,that makes sense. I wish there was an efficient public transportation where I live. I have to drive everywhere and I'm the worse 😭.

also I hear that there are a lot of car accidents in Korea because people don’t follow traffic rules 

here is the eatyourkimchi vid

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUsVH_6eqY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lWGMqpwRZ2g

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

Totally unrelated, but how come peple hated EYK? Is it because they did kpop skits in their Music Mondays? I always thought that they just did those skits for fun and kpop fans can't take a joke. Also, compared to other Youtubers with a huge following, they seem to be level headed unlike others who get the fame and money in their heads like Joan here who doesn't put even half the effort Simon and Martina do into her videos.

Posted

Totally unrelated, but how come peple hated EYK? Is it because they did kpop skits in their Music Mondays? I always thought that they just did those skits for fun and kpop fans can't take a joke. Also, compared to other Youtubers with a huge following, they seem to be level headed unlike others who get the fame and money in their heads like Joan here who doesn't put even half the effort Simon and Martina do into her videos.

Why EYK hate? Not just the kpop fans who can't take a joke, but the expat community (pretty easy to hate on the pretentious hipsters) and... hell, two people actually took the time to write an academic article on them. Primarily there's a lot of problematic stuff they said, and then there's the whole crowdfunding their studio in Korea. When they moved to Japan, they had to let all of that go. They have their own page.

Posted

Why EYK hate? Not just the kpop fans who can't take a joke, but the expat community (pretty easy to hate on the pretentious hipsters) and... hell, two people actually took the time to write an academic article on them. Primarily there's a lot of problematic stuff they said, and then there's the whole crowdfunding their studio in Korea. When they moved to Japan, they had to let all of that go. They have their own page.

I see, thank you for that. I don't keep up with them much and I just watch their videos occasionally, only the travel ones which is shot nicely, (although I think they have help with it).

Posted

Sorry for asking if I did but, did I miss or forget something? I vaguely know who Junoflo is but what is the tea? 

Posted (edited)

sad that Joan is so obsessed with expensive and branded clothes that it felt like she totally forgot her roots and how she built up her youtube channel.

What's more annoying is her trying to constantly justify and make excuses as to why she buys branded clothes/accessories. Joan should just admit that she's materialistic and love branded things. There's nothing wrong with Joan buying whatever she wants because its her money. Even though majority of the clothes she buys doesn't suit her lol. Just own up to it. Instead she's out here saying that she's trying to save the environment or she's trying to protect her eyes. Gahhhh just say you saw a celebrity wear these trendy outfits and you wanted to follow along. Like that one ugly green animal sweater she bought. Joan wouldn't have bought that if BP didn't wear it. The Hypebae vlog,Reformation haul video, and BP closet haul are🤮.

Edited by Beautyfoul

Posted

What's more annoying is her trying to constantly justify and make excuses as to why she buys branded clothes/accessories. Joan should just admit that she's materialistic and love branded things. There's nothing wrong with Joan buying whatever she wants because its her money. Even though majority of the clothes she buys doesn't suit her lol. Just own up to it. Instead she's out here saying that she's trying to save the environment or she's trying to protect her eyes. Gahhhh just say you saw a celebrity wear these trendy outfits and you wanted to follow along. Like that one ugly green animal sweater she bought. Joan wouldn't have bought that if BP didn't wear it. The Hypebae vlog,Reformation haul video, and BP closet haul are🤮.

SO on point. I cannot stand it, she tries to make herself look unique and all but everyone knows shes just obsessed with trying to be like Jennie these days

Posted

SO on point. I cannot stand it, she tries to make herself look unique and all but everyone knows shes just obsessed with trying to be like Jennie these days

Yup. She doesn't admit she bought those things like the brown bag and metal frame glasses because of Jennie and when her Kboo fans tell her "omg Jennie has it too!!" she'll just vaguely reply with a pink and black emoji, pretending she has the same style and taste as Jennie. :meowplz:

Posted

Not gonna lie, if I have the money, I will buy designer stuff too. But having grown up in a normal background, I would put a limit to my spending. Just buy the classic designer stuff that will grow old with me. There's nothing wrong with following a trend, but to follow EVERY trend is just ridiculous, especially if you only "like" it because your fave celebrity wore it. 

Posted (edited)

I wonder if Joan is a hoarder since she indiscriminately buys anything that Jennie wears or what Jennie’s stylist makes Jennie wear...

Stuff piles up real quick like her 47?? Hoodies

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

I wonder if Joan is a hoarder since she indiscriminately buys anything that Jennie wears or what Jennie’s stylist makes Jennie wear...

Stuff piles up real quick like her 47?? Hoodies

With purchasing reasons like "I bought a pair of glasses to protect my eyes from dust"... I can see why she has 47 hoodies.

Not gonna lie, if I have the money, I will buy designer stuff too. But having grown up in a normal background, I would put a limit to my spending. Just buy the classic designer stuff that will grow old with me. There's nothing wrong with following a trend, but to follow EVERY trend is just ridiculous, especially if you only "like" it because your fave celebrity wore it. 

You'd think that for someone whose family has gone through bankruptcy, she'll be more careful and smart about her spending especially when her Youtube career is obviously not going to last her a long time... Remember when she bought those expensive micro glasses to follow that ridiculous and ugly sunglasses trend... Now that the trend has died off, you never see her wear them again. 

Posted

Those tiny sunglasses worn at the very tip of the nose were not only ugly but they were pointless. The whole purpose of sunglasses is to protect your eyes from the sun or in Joan's case, "from the dust". Some people have severe pollen allergy who use unflattering goggles, take medication or use eye drops specifically to fight it. Just admit it Joan, you wanted the glasses or whatever else designer stuff because Jennie wore it first and you want to be like her. But alas, for someone so butt hurt over being copied, she's a copycat herself but refuse to acknowledge it.  

Posted (edited)

Those tiny sunglasses worn at the very tip of the nose were not only ugly but they were pointless. The whole purpose of sunglasses is to protect your eyes from the sun or in Joan's case, "from the dust". Some people have severe pollen allergy who use unflattering goggles, take medication or use eye drops specifically to fight it. Just admit it Joan, you wanted the glasses or whatever else designer stuff because Jennie wore it first and you want to be like her. But alas, for someone so butt hurt over being copied, she's a copycat herself but refuse to acknowledge it.  

oh damn. i have dust and pollen allergies and its not that bad to the point of wearing goggles - i still get hay fever every week even when i take meds. Joan's impluse buying is on another new level, girl admit it, no one is falling for your bs - ok no one except her kboo followers.

I hate it when people buy glasses with plastic/fake lenses cause they're a "trend". shut up they are not a trend and be thankful yall have 20/20 vision if this applies to you. i know people who wear glasses really want lasik surgery but cant afford it cause surgery ain't cheap.  

Edited by daydreamers