• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7527 posts in this topic

Posted

Joan reminds me of a less talented version of Claire Marshall (https://www.youtube.com/user/ohhaiclaire), both started out pretty strong on their channels, but really lost their way as time went on. At least Claire had the sense to reevaluate when she wasn't feeling the creativity vibe. Now Claire does mostly sponsored stuff, but in a much classier way than Joan.

Posted (edited)

Joan reminds me of a less talented version of Claire Marshall (https://www.youtube.com/user/ohhaiclaire), both started out pretty strong on their channels, but really lost their way as time went on. At least Claire had the sense to reevaluate when she wasn't feeling the creativity vibe. Now Claire does mostly sponsored stuff, but in a much classier way than Joan.

ur link isn't working but here's it (https://www.youtube.com/user/ohhaiclaire/featured) 

Edited by shaddylife

Posted

So I guess she was at an event where Jennie was recently? This obsession is borderline creepy, to be quite honest. 

Posted

Sooo..... what the hell was her "how i deal with jetlag" videos point?? she just ran around her house, read a book, filmed herself doing mundane things for 5 silent minutes, thats it??? This is what she means by working hard? 

Posted

I hate how she responds to most of her comments with just 🙏❤️ instead of properly replying. She's so lazy. And there was a comment on her vlog about why she doesn't post her vlogs on her vlog channel, and it's the same reason - she's lazy. It's less content to make. 

Sooo..... what the hell was her "how i deal with jetlag" videos point?? she just ran around her house, read a book, filmed herself doing mundane things for 5 silent minutes, thats it??? This is what she means by working hard? 

For real, how hard is it to just read silently while on camera? It's not. Ugh why did I watch it, I knew it would just annoy me. 

Posted

:happee: she's probably didn't even read the book. Film flip a page, film from another angle and flip a page or two - done

Posted

:happee: she's probably didn't even read the book. Film flip a page, film from another angle and flip a page or two - done

That was my first thought as well! Because you should only leave a cotton pad mask on your face for a couple of minutes (1-5, depending on the toner and the pads) since otherwise, they are going to dry out your skin and suck all the moisture out. So either she really only posed with the book, or she didn't know any better and did leave it for 10-20 minutes...

Posted (edited)

Also, Claire's videos has more sense than Joan. The narration, editing. Just everything. Joan doesnt even want to improve nor listen/accept to criticisms

Edited by marryouu

Posted

another wannabe ondo video but like ondo has an actual job unlike joan lol

Posted

another wannabe ondo video but like ondo has an actual job unlike joan lol

that's probably why ondo's videos are so much better lol she uses yt as a hobby and has an actual job. Joan, on the other hand, uses yt as her job job so quality content or not, she has to put out videos to fund her boring life.

Posted

I hated how she mentioned that she’s always thinking about storyboards and other things to make her video more interesting in the girlboss video especially when she releases craptastic videos like this... I see zero effort

Posted

I hated how she mentioned that she’s always thinking about storyboards and other things to make her video more interesting in the girlboss video especially when she releases craptastic videos like this... I see zero effort

More like she is always thinking how to be Jennie lol

Posted (edited)

More like she is always thinking how to be Jennie lol

the Scene where she was reading the book while waiting for the sheet mask To dry is so contrived .nobody reads a book while waiting for a sheet mask to dry it just makes no practical sense if your hands are wet the last thing you want to touch is a physical book . At most you would touch your Kindle or listen to an audiobook or scroll through instagram ( in Joan’s case she is finding the next outfit to copy from Jennie). She doesn’t understand the concept of a storyboard it seems ...

i cant help but get the impression that she wants to appear more smart or cultured. All she has to do shatter that forced image is to open her mouth and speak her broken English and cringey korean . I also found it hilarious and depressing how she kept flipping the page so forcefully/dramatkaly as to proclaim “I’m so smart” or “look I’m trying to  improve myself by reading “ or "i'm literate." girl needs to learn to be gentle with her face, her books, etc

besids the shit quality, I cannot stand how fake it is. It’s a video of lies. She’s a straight up liar lol. Why bother making a video if all you are gonna show is this fake ideal image of yourself that fools no one!!! Or does she think her demographic is that dumb? I’m sure there are more unrealistic, unpractical things about the video that people could point out... this video is demonstrates that she plans poorly and critically lacks critical thinking. That video is full of so many faux pas and eye-roll inducing moments 

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

the Scene where she was reading the book while waiting for the sheet mask To dry is so contrived .nobody reads a book while waiting for a sheet mask to dry it just makes no practical sense if your hands are wet the last thing you want to touch is a physical book .

Not sure about the other things you have mentioned but I do this all the time. You just have to wash your hand and dry them on a towel or something, it's not that unpractical.