• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7102 posts in this topic

Posted

UGhh will this girl ever buy clothing and skincare that's NOT from an idol? The sponsored stuff most idols get aren't even the cutest from the brands they're promoting. Can't she grow a mind of her own and stop following idols just to be trendy? Things like this don't magically become less cringy just because she's a Korean person doing as opposed to a foreigner. It's cringy no matter who buys/follows stuff just because of an idol wearing it one time.

Posted

Anyone have any idea why Joan's one of the eight accounts blackpinkcloset follows :alpacaconfused:

Screenshot_20190319-124034_Instagram.jpg

Posted

Anyone have any idea why Joan's one of the eight accounts blackpinkcloset follows :alpacaconfused:

Screenshot_20190319-124034_Instagram.jpg

gotta get that #inside_info somewhere i guess. maybe this is how she can find all these ugly products lol

Posted

joan was so annoying in ashley's newest new york vlog .......  

Posted

I always wondered why all of Joan's friends (even the ones she went to college within America) are all Koreans? Her only friend that she regularly hangs out with that isn't Korean is Edward (but let's face it, he's a bit of a Korean wannabe though)

Posted

joan was so annoying in ashley's newest new york vlog .......  

honestly, Ashley's vlogs are now better than Joan's. 

Posted

I always wondered why all of Joan's friends (even the ones she went to college within America) are all Koreans? Her only friend that she regularly hangs out with that isn't Korean is Edward (but let's face it, he's a bit of a Korean wannabe though)

It's just easier to associate with Asians when you are as well. But just because she doesn't post non Asians on her social media doesn't mean she doesn't have any non Asian friends. Didn't Joan mention something about growing up being the only Asian in one of her "Facts about me videos?"

Here's two pictures from February 2019. :doge:

Feb 8 2019.jpg

Feb 18 2019.jpg

Posted

So Joan is a 'girl boss' now? Yet another tired YT cliche.

Posted

So Joan is a 'girl boss' now? Yet another tired YT cliche.

I didn't see any girl boss all I heard was just another one of her crying about how hard she worked sessions 

Posted (edited)

I didn't see any girl boss all I heard was just another one of her crying about how hard she worked sessions 

Wait what happened? 

^^^ never mind, I just looked at her YT. does she not realise it's totally disingenuous to be complaining about how hard she works...as part of the work she's doing? Like making a video is work, but she's making the video topic...how hard she works. She's using her own work stress as her content. Meaning it's totally hollow, because she's getting paid to complain...

Edited by Chewy

Posted

Maybe it's just me but I don't see anything wrong with that? It's always more comfortable when you're friends with ppl who have similar/same cultural backgrounds

Posted

Maybe it's just me but I don't see anything wrong with that? It's always more comfortable when you're friends with ppl who have similar/same cultural backgrounds

I don't see anything wrong with it either. I'm born and raised in California but because of the way my parents raised me I always felt more Asian then American. So, now in college I have more Asian friends (most of them international). 

Posted (edited)

...protects her eyes from the wind....

if that's the case, technically she should be loving every existent eyewear with lenses then, smh joan 🤦🏻‍♀️

any eyewear can protect your eyes, joan, but i guess you wouldnt know since you always keep your glasses just a wee bit over the tip of your nose :doge:

More like protecting her eyes from all these useful advice we’re giving her because let’s be real, the secret is out and everyone knows she has been doing a sloppy job with her content and hasn’t done ANYTHING new or different on improving her channel.

I know YouTube is a platform for people to create the content of their choice but for us as viewers play an important part in the community as well. I think it’s selfish for Joan to be creating all these useless skin care routines and whatever other videos she keep putting out that no one asked for and complaining how she’s so busy and hasn’t been on a vacation in years. She should listen to her “fans” instead for what they want to see more of especially when we ONLY HAVE ONE FACE so we can ONLY DO ONE ROUTINE CUZ THAT MAKES THE MOST SENSE.  

Edited by coconutwater

Posted

Joan can't even match her foundation/bb cushions :derp:

She almost cries at 10:43 "It's cause I never shared this on my channel. Umm, but..the comments that I..like hate seeing is when people are like why is she tired, she's getting lazy..why is she...i'm like you don't know" 

Charlotte mentions how some influencers have a whole team that helps them...a stylist, someone who films, who edits it, creating the storyboard, telling them where to stand and what to do.

But Joan's content requires very little effort? What storyboard? Her entire youtube career is basically skincare routines, GWRM, and going to cafes? Plus, for the longest time, she wasn't even editing her own videos? Jeez, imagine if she had to ACTUALLY work. Her content requires nearly zero creativity and she goes on vacations all the freaking time, but she says "I haven't had a real vacation since 2010" or whatever year she BSed. 

Her outfits also require no creativity on her part. All she does is copy various idols' outfits? She doesn't even mix it up and try to make the outfit her own. She literally buys the exact same items...

joan.jpg

Posted

jesus can she upload a video without crying or is that just her thing now