• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7116 posts in this topic

Posted

I always thought Abe was older than her lol But yeah, I agree with others when they say they like her vids with her brother. They're really funny together and he's so sassy towards her. Like in her recent vlog, a brand/online store sent her a pair of Kenzo espadrilles and a Prada bag and when Abe asked her why they would send her that, she informed him that the brand wanted her to take pictures of her with the clothes they sent her and Abe said: "Joan, you're not that special." HE'S SO SASSY 

giphy.gif

Posted

I'm so freaking jealous that they sent her a prada bag just for an instagram pic to advertise their website when I highly doubt anyone in her target audience is old enough to prioritize or afford a significant chunk of what they sell on that website

I want a life like that omfg

Posted

I'm so freaking jealous that they sent her a prada bag just for an instagram pic to advertise their website when I highly doubt anyone in her target audience is old enough to prioritize or afford a significant chunk of what they sell on that website

I want a life like that omfg

be a youtuber xD

Posted

be a youtuber xD

I'M NOT PRETTY OR PERSONABLE prada would never send me a purse they'd probably send someone to take their purse FROM me if they ever saw me wearing one

Posted (edited)

Decided to check out her main channel videos and saw an everyday red lip make up tutorial (which was the first make up tutorial I watched from her). I can't believe she applied a cream concealer after setting her face with powder O.o and the way she did her eye make up left me speechless. I've never seen someone apply eyeliner like that I guess I'm maybe 50% impressed by the way she just flicks the eyeliner pen around xD In conclusion, I understood why I've never wanted to watch her make up. 

I think should check out her skincare videos since I get that it's "highly reccomended". Although her skin in that make up video was.................. xD

She did that quick eyeliner trick right after Kim Dao did it on one of her videos, also on her BF Sunny's video. And Joan was like "Guys did you know I do my eyeliner really quick."

TBH, I feel that she keeps copying others to feel secure with her videos.

I actually saw this girl at the Pyeongchang K-drama fest, I sat behind her on the bus there. She is definitely not a kpop fan from the things I heard her say.

Also in her vlog about it she's hyping up the fact that she came to see Exo's Chen and acts like she's this big fan but when hearing her talk, it sounded more like she was gonna cheer for Chen on her vlog because she hasn't actually listened to anything Exo since Growl and didn't know the other guys names but wanted to appeal to her koreaboo/kpop audience. So to be honest, yeah I do feel like she's fishing for views from the Kpop fan/koreaboo types. 

I didn't get a very good impression from her that day. She was a bit obnoxious and when the olypmic ministers/managers (important people) were being introduced she was making a scene, screaming and clapping for them and lots of people in the audience were giving her some side eye. 

Regardless I admit I shouldn't judge her based on her actions from that one day and there's nothing wrong with not being interested in kpop but I hope she stops using it as a way to get more views when she clearly has no interest in it. 

Plus, her brother! I obviously love Joan's vlogs, but when it's with he bro gosh, I find it so constructed. She just shows how gentleman he really is like him opening door for her, holding her stuffs... And also mentioning about his love for toys.... 😑

There might be a surreal bonding between them but I really find it really wierd.

Edited by Sonia

Posted

She did that quick eyeliner trick right after Kim Dao did it on one of her videos, also on her BF Sunny's video. And Joan was like "Guys did you know I do my eyeliner really quick."

Plus, her brother! I obviously love Joan's vlogs, but when it's with he bro gosh, I find it so constructed. She just shows how gentleman he really is like him opening door for her, holding her stuffs... And also mentioning about his love for toys.... 😑

There might be a surreal bonding between them but I really find it really pathetic.

Wait what? her relationship with her brother is really pathetic? you know siblings can genuinlely get along, anyway Joan's the least problematic youtuber or person ever sounds like your jus nitpicking 

Posted

There might be a surreal bonding between them but I really find it really pathetic.

It would have been cool if she does her eyeliner really quick and it actually looks good but unfortunately no it looks thick and messy and doesn't appeal to her eye shape at all. 

I dont mind her brother...... but yea its quite fake i feel? i'm extremely close with my siblings too but i find it odd that her brother kept hanging out with her especially in her vlogs like lol doesnt he have any other friends or maybe he just wants to get some more attention for his own channel? i think its just not very common that her brother would actually go shopping with her and be all gentleman and stuff. you can be really close with your brother but actually going shopping tgt and having your brother open the door for you and holding your loots............ lol

Posted

LOL, I wouldn't call the sibling relationship pathetic, but it does seem very orchestrated in the vids. I don't think it was completely Abe's idea to make a toy channel, but his personality would fit right into YT and he could make money from it. I get the feeling he's just being pushed to do YT because people like him on camera. By the sounds of it, Abe's newly graduated and just moved to South Korea. I'm not sure if he's got a group of friends in Korea. 

Posted

lol her new vid titled "our love for bigbang". does anyone knows how legit her love for big bang is? honestly she seems to be a new fan, probably like a fan since 2-3 years....? idk but the way she's hyping over them just sounds like a new fan.

i just realised that I don't know how old she is. how old is she? she looks like a 28/29? 

Posted

lol her new vid titled "our love for bigbang". does anyone knows how legit her love for big bang is? honestly she seems to be a new fan, probably like a fan since 2-3 years....? idk but the way she's hyping over them just sounds like a new fan.

i just realised that I don't know how old she is. how old is she? she looks like a 28/29? 

i dont think she is a new fan. I think She said she has been fan since long time.in one of her vlog or video she even said when she was in highschool she waited for taeyang and then she got to see him. So i dont think she is a new fan

Posted (edited)

Edited by mizuhara

Posted

It would have been cool if she does her eyeliner really quick and it actually looks good but unfortunately no it looks thick and messy and doesn't appeal to her eye shape at all. 

I dont mind her brother...... but yea its quite fake i feel? i'm extremely close with my siblings too but i find it odd that her brother kept hanging out with her especially in her vlogs like lol doesnt he have any other friends or maybe he just wants to get some more attention for his own channel? i think its just not very common that her brother would actually go shopping with her and be all gentleman and stuff. you can be really close with your brother but actually going shopping tgt and having your brother open the door for you and holding your loots............ lol

Crazy idea, not every sibling relationship is the same? You're seeing 30 edited minutes out of her day, you don't know what Abe is doing if you're not seeing him on her vlogs lol. You're really just nitpicking.

Posted

She definitely mentioned Bigbang and a lot in the past. I remember her saying in one of Edward's videos maybe that she doesn't really care about kpop apart from Bigbang, so no her love for Bigbang is not fake and like the person before mentioned I remember her saying she liked them for a long time so she's not a new fan either. Is it that hard to believe that a person that's not a teen can like a group a lot? 

Posted

She definitely mentioned Bigbang and a lot in the past. I remember her saying in one of Edward's videos maybe that she doesn't really care about kpop apart from Bigbang, so no her love for Bigbang is not fake and like the person before mentioned I remember her saying she liked them for a long time so she's not a new fan either. Is it that hard to believe that a person that's not a teen can like a group a lot? 

Yeah, I think she mentioned that she liked Big Bang since she was a teen and that her top two favorite groups/musicians in KPOP are Big Bang and PSY. Like in one of her vlogs, she's talking with her friend Erin and they were reminiscing about their fangirl history with Big Bang. She told a story of her literally waiting outside of the YG building to see the members during her early trips to Korea and being able to snatch up a signature from one of them. I honestly don't know what the whole deal is with kpop fans comparing the years they've fanned over a group. Like there are fans who have liked a group for 10 years and still are hyped about their oppas/unnis. Being a new/recent fan doesn't really make you less of a fan... :alpacaconfused: Just welcome everyone. 

Also I don't think her relationship with her brother is "pathetic" or not genuine. Personally, I don't find it weird that he opens/holds the door for her or carries her things. What seems so artificial/constructed about a sibling holding the door for you? Even complete strangers in life holds doors for you at cafes and restaurants. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by mizuhara