• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

6701 posts in this topic

Posted

I know what you mean!! I always wash my hands multiple times whenever I'm doing my skincare. Don't want to be transferring all that bacteria to my face 

Maybe it's a flex? Not too sure how much the hotel costs per night. :alpacaconfused: Personally I didn't mind this and thought it was alright.

Smallest rooms at Ludlow $205 per night. It's literally right across from Black Tap, can't believe she didn't go there for their signature burgers and chose to go with pizza and bagels instead. :alpacashocked:

2019-02-24 16-53-50-068.jpg

2019-02-24 16-56-02-984.jpg

2019-02-24 16-55-25-306.jpg

Posted

She probably ate ramen. Doesn’t she eat that all the time especially when she’s traveling?? 

She was staying in a hotel with a Hollywood style vanity mirror with classic white NYC subway tiles. GRWM video is a no brainer. :hoplz:

Didn't she say in the video it's not the 1st time she's visited NYC so she's been busy eating pizza and bagels. Also mentioned there was no point in vlogging because there's NOTHING to see in NYC. :alpacaconfused: I just listened to the video while I was folding clothes.  

Joan literally does the same stuff and goes to the same places everytime she goes somewhere and will only go to the most touristy things and never branches out. Like she lives in one of the most dynamic cities in the world and goes to the same 3 neighborhoods and same cafes, stores, etc. over and over. It's understandable when you live somewhere they you get into a comfortable routine and spend most of your time in particular areas, but to also go to equivalently large and dynamic cities like New York and just go to Times Square and SoHo EVERY TRIP? There is so much more to do just in Manhattan let alone the other boroughs (well probably not Staten Island). The one time she ventured out and went to Brooklyn she just went to Williamsburg which is basically on par to going to Times Square and SoHo in touristy basicness.I know the next time she goes to Chicago, she'll just go to the Bean and hang out on Michigan Avenue again, like how she spent a month at the Century City mall when she was back in LA going to the Amazon store everyday. Travel vlogging is like such low hanging fruit too. She could dedicate her whole channel to just trying out places on "Top ____" lists for the different cities she goes to. If she wants to be repetitive, she can just come up with a basic format and repeat it like all the shows on HGTV or the Travel Channel because the places you visit would do the work in being interesting because they are new.

It's so frustrating watching this girl be so bad at being lazy for maximum outcome. Like yeah she makes bank but she's clearly so unfulfilled and doesn't feel like she's honestly accomplished anything.If she put in actual effort she'd probably be happier and felt like she earned what she has and has a valid career.

The extensions do nothing for her too.

Posted

ramen pizza bagels.... NO WONDER SHE HAS ACNE. all these foods are the worst for acne. bread, food high in sodium, dairy.......  

Posted

Joan often look like a hot mess because she has poor taste in fashion. She doesn't know what works for her body and personality, not to mention she blindly chase trends and star styles. Fashion is a big part of KPOP and I think it's fine to follow idol fashion and take inspiration, but you buy what works for you (and financially responsible, but that's a discussion for another time) right? Sure, Jennie looks great in this and that, but that's because she's Jennie. What looks good on her may not look on the next girl, and vice versa. Joan has no personal sense of style that's why she's easily influenced by trends and other people' styles. 

With that said, fashion is subjective because it's a form of self-expression, what I don't understand is someone with her resources (money, time, tons of skin clinics everywhere in Seoul, and boxes of free products) still has really bad skin and makeup. In all honesty I don't feel like she takes good care of her skin (and seems to have a meh diet which we all know can directly impact your skin) and not as diligent with treatments as she claims. As for makeup, well these days there are so many tutorials on Youtube she could've easily spent a few minutes per day and learn a thing or two then perhaps her makeup won't look bad 9 out of 10 days.

Thank god there are still beauty youtubers that actually know what they're talking about like Renee of Gothamista and RisaBae.

Posted (edited)

Joan often look like a hot mess because she has poor taste in fashion. She doesn't know what works for her body and personality, not to mention she blindly chase trends and star styles. Fashion is a big part of KPOP and I think it's fine to follow idol fashion and take inspiration, but you buy what works for you (and financially responsible, but that's a discussion for another time) right? Sure, Jennie looks great in this and that, but that's because she's Jennie. What looks good on her may not look on the next girl, and vice versa. Joan has no personal sense of style that's why she's easily influenced by trends and other people' styles. 

With that said, fashion is subjective because it's a form of self-expression, what I don't understand is someone with her resources (money, time, tons of skin clinics everywhere in Seoul, and boxes of free products) still has really bad skin and makeup. In all honesty I don't feel like she takes good care of her skin (and seems to have a meh diet which we all know can directly impact your skin) and not as diligent with treatments as she claims. As for makeup, well these days there are so many tutorials on Youtube she could've easily spent a few minutes per day and learn a thing or two then perhaps her makeup won't look bad 9 out of 10 days.

Thank god there are still beauty youtubers that actually know what they're talking about like Renee of Gothamista and RisaBae. 

ha so true. Youtubers like meejmuse looks younger than her age while Joan looks 10 years older than her actual age. Joan is not a persuasive spokesperson for skincare products

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

She knows jolly well bread makes her break out but she eats them anyway. I mean might as well because she has enough disposable income to keep going back to get extractions. If she get scars she'll just go to banobagi to get a discount on laser treatments. Keep doing you Joan, awesome skincare advice there. 

Posted

She probably ate ramen. Doesn’t she eat that all the time especially when she’s traveling?? 

She was staying in a hotel with a Hollywood style vanity mirror with classic white NYC subway tiles. GRWM video is a no brainer. :hoplz:

Didn't she say in the video it's not the 1st time she's visited NYC so she's been busy eating pizza and bagels. Also mentioned there was no point in vlogging because there's NOTHING to see in NYC. :alpacaconfused: I just listened to the video while I was folding clothes.  

LOL only Joan will say that. It's really up to her to see if there's anything to vlog in NYC. So far, her NYC vlogs didn't show much at all of NYC so idk where she got the idea of that LMAO

Posted

Just looking at the facts that she doesn't even follow her own anti-acne tips is proof that she's only trying to create this fake image of a poor girl who works so hard taking care of her skin but her skin just doesn't wants to cooperate. I wonder if Joan watches other skincare gurus because every time I watch other skincare gurus say things like "DO NOT do this! It will cause your acne to worsen!", Joan does it and I always can't help thinking that these gurus must be talking about Joan and shading her. Examples being

• being rough with her skin
  • having an imbalance and unhealthy diet like eating bread, dairy, processed food
  • using wrong products or using products the wrong way like not storing Vitamin C correctly (proven by how she manufactured her Joan Day and Night cream), and claiming she has very dry skin when it's clearly oily and dehydrated 
  • skipping or not using enough sunscreen
  • excessive unnecessary touching of her face

There are a few comments in that video pointing out how low quality her videos has been recently, calling her out for being complacent. 

Posted

Joan has created (and manipulated) her fanbase to be so delusional that they slam any form of criticisms she have in her videos. They are also the ones contributing to her stale af content in her channel. 

They will only get more GRWMs and Skincare Routines or Skincare favourites in the future because Poor Joan cant accept any criticisms for how hard she worked. Criticisms are needed because thats how people improve, by showering her with love all the time for whatever she does, it only give her the right to continue do GRWM and Skincare routines. 

It is funny how she always struggled to show good skin in her routines or videos and that contradicts with all her skincare videos she've done before.

Posted

Oh my gosh, Joan has no life in her videos. It feels like I'm watching a dead fish and I was screaming when she was doing her hair and touching her face like NOO ALL THOSE GERMS AND OILS:alpacamad:

But, did she could she really not be bothered to part her hair?? She could have just left it the way it was before, it wouldn't have made a difference since she did her hair like that. Her hygienic practices are getting worse, she really looks like a woman in her late 30s to mid-40s. But she never allows any advice or criticisms to improve her channel. I'm just worried about all these GRWM examples she's showing an impressionable audience who thinks she really knows what she's doing

Posted

I hope the doctor tells her that she has oily skin. I'm so tired of hearing her say that she has dry skin but constantly needs to powder or blot her face throughout the day.

lowkey i feel like even if a doctor told her she has oily skin, she wouldn't believe it lol. she's been spewing off the same old ~i have such sensitive and dry skin!!!!~ bullshit for so long. it makes me so angry lmfao 

Posted

I hate how she slaps and rubs her face so much when she is doing her skincare. It hurts my face just watching her. 

Posted

I just watched a bunch of videos from Ashley's channel and WOW. The difference in quality when compared to Joan's channel. Ashley's current videos remind me of old Joan. Lots of effort to film every little detail, yet staying concise and dynamic. She's also honest and down-to-earth. I especially started liking her after watching her diet video. She tries hard on her diet in a realistic way, it's pretty relatable. ALSO HER ENGLISH. Is normal. Unlike Joan's choppy ass, crap enunciation. 

Posted

I just watched a bunch of videos from Ashley's channel and WOW. The difference in quality when compared to Joan's channel. Ashley's current videos remind me of old Joan. Lots of effort to film every little detail, yet staying concise and dynamic. She's also honest and down-to-earth. I especially started liking her after watching her diet video. She tries hard on her diet in a realistic way, it's pretty relatable. ALSO HER ENGLISH. Is normal. Unlike Joan's choppy ass, crap enunciation. 

I noticed the contrast when I watched Ashley's vlog that covered the same day trip they took to go take pictures at that abandoned train station, plus a bunch of other things that Joan had vlogged also but over like 5 different vlogs. Ashley's one vlog was so much more interesting with better editing and her channel isn't even her main gig and she doesn't do it as frequently. She also has a lot of other more interesting friends. Seeing the contrast was also when it struck me that Joan does try to emulate Ashley because what Ashley does in her personal life but also the YT content she puts out is what Joan thinks she puts out or atleast aspires to. Other than being an idol, Ashley is like what Joan could be.

Posted

Her Feb Faves are out. Still rocking the hot mess of hair and lips.