• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7409 posts in this topic

Posted

apparently that clinic is known for sponsoring beauty vloggers so i won't be surprised to know that they contacted her first. maybe she got a 90% discount xD

for 3000 dollars the results don’t seem that dramatic. Or does it take longer to see results??  Or is it because Joan’s skin was in such a poor state that’s all the lasers could do??

Posted

Damn, I mean I have Rosacea so my face is messed up, but hers looks very... unkempt and dirty. It reminds me of when I went through my emo phase and said "I didn't need to do extra work for my skin because I wasn't trying to impress anybody~" 

The only difference is she's a youtuber and she has an image to maintain. It's normal for people to have acne, but she's trying to pass herself as a beauty guru or a skin care guru youtuber with her horrible skin. Like I wouldn't take skin care advice or tips on what face procedures to get from a woman who not only looks like she doesn't care for her own hygiene but has acne to such a severe degree. Her skin is REALLY bad, and I didn't see any fruition from that $3000 spent on the laser. She needs to take a break from youtube to focus on herself and take care of her hygienic routine for her skin. She should be careful though, all the small (and big) issues people have with her are building up, she might start to go into snowflake territory soon (I think she already is though).

Posted

I have a couple of friends who bought Joan's cream to try out - they are fairly new to her channel and found out about her through articles/instagram when the cream launched. My friends said it felt like any other cream, and most likely expensive because of the packaging, and there was no result after trying it for about month. Also, they saw Joan's recent videos and skin's condition before laser treatment and was confused because Joan said she's been using her cream for the past few months and how it improved her skin so much, so why is she getting laser treatment? My friends dump the cream and are not buying anything that Joan recommends anymore. :alpacacrush:

Posted

for 3000 dollars the results don’t seem that dramatic. Or does it take longer to see results??  Or is it because Joan’s skin was in such a poor state that’s all the lasers could do??

For Joan's skin, she might need to go for a few sessions to see the results. It's $3000 because she did so many lasers at once. Mole removals, freckles removals, facial hair removal, acne scar removals and more to tackle her bad skin. 

Damn, I mean I have Rosacea so my face is messed up, but hers looks very... unkempt and dirty. It reminds me of when I went through my emo phase and said "I didn't need to do extra work for my skin because I wasn't trying to impress anybody~" 

The only difference is she's a youtuber and she has an image to maintain. It's normal for people to have acne, but she's trying to pass herself as a beauty guru or a skin care guru youtuber with her horrible skin. Like I wouldn't take skin care advice or tips on what face procedures to get from a woman who not only looks like she doesn't care for her own hygiene but has acne to such a severe degree. Her skin is REALLY bad, and I didn't see any fruition from that $3000 spent on the laser. She needs to take a break from youtube to focus on herself and take care of her hygienic routine for her skin. She should be careful though, all the small (and big) issues people have with her are building up, she might start to go into snowflake territory soon (I think she already is though).

It's not about being a Youtuber, a Youtuber is still a human who can have bad skin. The difference is how she sells all these products from Cosrx, InnisFree, Neogen, Troiareuke, Drunk Elephant, to her viewers who trusts her words, by saying that all these *free* products made a big difference to her skin and it all helped her skin improved when in actual fact, those products probably did nothing to her skin. She said she has been suffering from acne for a long time and from what she mentioned, it sounds bad. Did she really expect those $10 - $20 products from Cosrx, Neogen to make a big difference? 

The problem with Joan is that she only uses products that are sent to her. It's also really funny how she whines about how hard she takes care of her skin because she still has her bad habits of touching her face, washing her face vigorously, eating bread. There are Youtubers who has had bad skin (eg. Ivan, Hana) and none of them uploads a different skincare routine every 2 months featuring new products all the time. 

Posted

For Joan's skin, she might need to go for a few sessions to see the results. It's $3000 because she did so many lasers at once. Mole removals, freckles removals, facial hair removal, acne scar removals and more to tackle her bad skin. 

It's not about being a Youtuber, a Youtuber is still a human who can have bad skin. The difference is how she sells all these products from Cosrx, InnisFree, Neogen, Troiareuke, Drunk Elephant, to her viewers who trusts her words, by saying that all these *free* products made a big difference to her skin and it all helped her skin improved when in actual fact, those products probably did nothing to her skin. She said she has been suffering from acne for a long time and from what she mentioned, it sounds bad. Did she really expect those $10 - $20 products from Cosrx, Neogen to make a big difference? 

The problem with Joan is that she only uses products that are sent to her. It's also really funny how she whines about how hard she takes care of her skin because she still has her bad habits of touching her face, washing her face vigorously, eating bread. There are Youtubers who has had bad skin (eg. Ivan, Hana) and none of them uploads a different skincare routine every 2 months featuring new products all the time. 

omg that’s probably why she got that pimple on her Chin. Didn’t see give the tip of not touching ones face in one or more of her many acne-related videos?? She doesn’t even follow her own damn tips. So no she did not work hard. Saying it doesn’t make it true. 

Posted (edited)

Whoops, I should've clarified, the issue wasn't that I think Youtubers can't have bad skin, but rather that she's a youtuber who actively sells skin care products while practising bad hygienic practices. THEN, she attempts to sell it to her fan base as a quick way to solve her acne. And THEN, uploading skincare routines showing the WORST routines I've ever seen. I mean, the way she washes her face makes me cry:alpacadone:, she's creating wrinkles and sagging her skin, then showing it to impressionable young kids who are going to follow her routines. She has bad acne and in my opinion, it's disrespectful how she doesn't seem to mind how she's lying to her fans. She's too materialistic by only using sponsored products, why not use products you've bought with your own money?  I don't care if a gamer has bad skin, 'cuz they're not selling me an idea or product for skin routines. But her whole channel is centred around skin care, so she's selling me the idea and products for skin care that (clearly) doesn't even work for her own acne.:alpacamad:

But, I think I'll edit my post to clarify a bit more lol, I'm not great at wording:alpacaworry:

Edited by loveonHD
Ignore the last sentence I can't edit my previous post for some reason??

Posted

omg that’s probably why she got that pimple on her Chin. Didn’t see give the tip of not touching ones face in one or more of her many acne-related videos?? She doesn’t even follow her own damn tips. So no she did not work hard. Saying it doesn’t make it true. 

She's always touching her chin for no reason at all. I was watching one of her Instagram stories when she was at Hourglass and she was just saying "I'm here at Hourglass..." but her hand kept touching her chin. Maybe she thinks she looks cute while doing that? Maybe it is to hide her uneven jaw? Not sure, but I never ever touch my face when I'm outside when I know that I don't have clean hands.

Whoops, I should've clarified, the issue wasn't that I think Youtubers can't have bad skin, but rather that she's a youtuber who actively sells skin care products while practising bad hygienic practices. THEN, she attempts to sell it to her fan base as a quick way to solve her acne. And THEN, uploading skincare routines showing the WORST routines I've ever seen. I mean, the way she washes her face makes me cry:alpacadone:, she's creating wrinkles and sagging her skin, then showing it to impressionable young kids who are going to follow her routines. She has bad acne and in my opinion, it's disrespectful how she doesn't seem to mind how she's lying to her fans. She's too materialistic by only using sponsored products, why not use products you've bought with your own money?  I don't care if a gamer has bad skin, 'cuz they're not selling me an idea or product for skin routines. But her whole channel is centred around skin care, so she's selling me the idea and products for skin care that (clearly) doesn't even work for her own acne.:alpacamad:

But, I think I'll edit my post to clarify a bit more lol, I'm not great at wording:alpacaworry:

I agree, she has one of the worst routines on Youtube. Seeing all those comments praising her just makes me wonder if these people even watch other Youtubers... She said again in her new vlog that those Vitamin C products she was actively promoting "helped her skin" but they were not quick enough to fade away those acne scars. What she doesn't realize is that all these skin problems (acne scars, freckles, spots) can be avoided if she had a proper routine in the first place.

Why are her acne scars so bad to begin with? There are many possible reasons to that... 1. she's using the wrong products 2. she picks them 3. she's too rough with her skin 4. not enough sunscreen which darkens the scars, also a good reason to why she has freckles and spots 5. not exfoliating enough 6. not exfoliating with a gentle product 7. bad habits like touching her face, moreover she vlogs, I bet her camera is filled with bacteria looking at the amount of times she puts her camera everywhere to film herself walk past it in public, 8. bad diet, and so much more, but that boils down to one simple reason. She's not taking good care of her skin.

I hope the doctor tells her that she has oily skin. I'm so tired of hearing her say that she has dry skin but constantly needs to powder or blot her face throughout the day.

Posted (edited)

We love an eco-friendly queen!  :haiplz:

And why does she pose like that? She looks so awkward 

Kinda cool sweetie what is you doin?

Screenshot_20190218-112222.png

Screenshot_20190218-112210.png

Edited by MistahMistah666
Cuz I forgot it

Posted

I actually like her pose lol. Usually she tries to pose pretentiously but this one just looks like childish in a likable wat. Also she usually posts the most unflattering pictures of herself on Instagram so this is a step up imo

Posted (edited)

i guess they aint close ? 

E3C1D1B5-A5D4-4C7B-9FD4-5E8CCA5C6B71.jpeg

Edited by purpleheart

Posted

Isn't Joan in NY now though?

Posted

why does she literally never answer any of the questions properly?? she always answers these questions as if she doesn't know how to speak/read english. the person asked what lip color/products she's using and she just says she's been keeping them "verrrryyyy moisturized." like ok girl we get it you didn't** get lip fillers ok. dodgy much?Screen_Shot_2019-02-18_at_4.54.42_PM.thu

Posted

The lighting of her 2nd photo is too dark as well! 

Posted

Isn't Joan in NY now though?

Plus these are her ~idol~ friends for her kpop radio dj job lol Joan is none of these things

Posted

she looks 40. 

IMG_3854.PNG

IMG_3855.PNG