• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7101 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ugh I hated her hairstyle in the video. Bitch be thinking she’s iu or something... why did she choose this photo for the YouTube video

https://mobile.twitter.com/joankeem/status/1095297696460460032/photo/1

she looks like a korean woman in her 40s 

Im convinced her lack of elasticity and firmness is partly due to her rough skincare routine. What is she trying to do? Make her face sag?  People point this out to her time and time again and she just ignores it and continues uploading skincare routine videos. At this point watching her skincare routine videos is like watching a horror movie. Her poor face

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

and despite those comments...

Joan: "bUt I wORk sO hARd fOR my ChAnNeL! YaLL arE jUsT hAting! Go GEt a jOb!"

honestly Joan should just take a look at her channel. She have posted at least 5 skincare routines in the past 2 or 3 months. If her skincare routine changes so much and her skin still looks like its not well maintained, she simply screwed up her skin time and time after which thus leads to the laser treatment.

I know its the internet and she can post what she want and such but she labelled herself as a content creator or idk "skincare guru" - doing more skincare routines so often just removes her credibility as one.

but then again I should probably "get a job" instead of getting my bachelors.

Posted (edited)

i know we talk about this all the time so its like beating a dead horse but i don't understand why she does skincare routines every other month but also favorites, it's so pointless?? like just add the new products into your favorites instead of doing a new video where youre doing the same exact things 6-10 times a year

just make a skincare products i've been using lately or something but i guess the skincare routines get more clicks because of the title and random people searching 

also: "i do read about the products and the ingredients to see what they're doing for my skin" i would hope so? that's literally the bare minimum but okay

also lol @ her not even using her own product anymore "depends on the day" 

Edited by joinmymisery

Posted

i know we talk about this all the time so its like beating a dead horse but i don't understand why she does skincare routines every other month but also favorites, it's so pointless?? like just add the new products into your favorites instead of doing a new video where youre doing the same exact things 6-10 times a year

just make a skincare products i've been using lately or something but i guess the skincare routines get more clicks because of the title and random people searching 

also: "i do read about the products and the ingredients to see what they're doing for my skin" i would hope so? that's literally the bare minimum but okay

also lol @ her not even using her own product anymore "depends on the day" 

I'm guessing her skin has become sensitive after the laser treatment and her product, containing lavender, isn't the best for sensitive skin despite all the claims she made regarding it. 

Also lol @ her viewers noticing that she deleted a comment! That was epic. 

Ugh I hated her hairstyle in the video. Bitch be thinking she’s iu or something... why did she choose this photo for the YouTube video

https://mobile.twitter.com/joankeem/status/1095297696460460032/photo/1

she looks like a korean woman in her 40s 

Someone, most likely a Kboo, commented that she looks like IU. Poor IU, she don't deserve to get insulted that. 

Posted

I hope she features friends like Claudine, Erin, K. Choi, and Soy and some of her LA friends (who I really enjoy) they can bring a different perspective on things.  less of everyone else like Edward, Sunny, etc... The first group seem really mature and really stable career wise and lifestyle wise whereas Edward and Sunny can come off as petty and immature. 

I agree. Her LA friends are waaay better than her friends in Korea.

Posted

She drags her face so much as she cleans. Gah. Joan you already have saggy skin, be more gentle!!B1C773AF-FB28-4C61-B01A-D58C1D5D6C85.thu

Posted

Joan: "bUt I wORk sO hARd fOR my ChAnNeL! YaLL arE jUsT hAting! Go GEt a jOb!"

haha every time I think about how she says "go get a job or a second job," it makes me laugh. If you love what you do, and you know you worked hard for something, you don't need to constantly justify how hard you worked - it'll show. And, people will naturally notice your hard work. :alpacaheadshake:

I know she does Radio every now and then, but maybe Joan should consider a traditional (office) job instead of doing Youtube full-time since she never intended for YouTube to be her (main) job. 
She's probably self-conscious doing Youtube
after seeing all her friends in the US becoming successful after college.. Constantly saying "I work so hard," is her trying to convince herself that what she does (YouTube) is as great as what her friends are doing. I remember when she was in LA in 2017(?) for her friends wedding she was commenting on her friend's job is "boring" - I honestly think she envies what they're doing, their lifestyle, and where they're currently at. She left the US because she couldn't get a job in the US after graduating, and went into Radio and did Youtube for fun. Youtube was no longer a hobby when it became more successful than her radio job. 

Posted

honestly i think she should just stop YouTube and continue with her radio job. she's not even putting in any efforts on her channels. most of her main channel videos are literally monthly favorites, skincare routine, fashion trends/essentials or collabs with Ashley, Christine, Edward. it's nothing special at all. don't even wanna talk about her vlogs LOL i just don't bother watching her videos anymore.

just ain't loyal to her anymore. 

Posted

haha every time I think about how she says "go get a job or a second job," it makes me laugh. If you love what you do, and you know you worked hard for something, you don't need to constantly justify how hard you worked - it'll show. And, people will naturally notice your hard work:alpacaheadshake:

I know she does Radio every now and then, but maybe Joan should consider a traditional (office) job instead of doing Youtube full-time since she never intended for YouTube to be her (main) job. 
She's probably self-conscious doing Youtube
after seeing all her friends in the US becoming successful after college.. Constantly saying "I work so hard," is her trying to convince herself that what she does (YouTube) is as great as what her friends are doing. I remember when she was in LA in 2017(?) for her friends wedding she was commenting on her friend's job is "boring" - I honestly think she envies what they're doing, their lifestyle, and where they're currently at. She left the US because she couldn't get a job in the US after graduating, and went into Radio and did Youtube for fun. Youtube was no longer a hobby when it became more successful than her radio job. 

She has her minions constantly reminding her that she "works hard" so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. If her haters started to comment that she's lazy she'll just throw in another crying video to gain sympathy. It's a cycle which I foresee will repeat in the long run.

Joan always had the habit of "casually" putting down others in her videos. She scoffed at Coco who "ONLY USES SKII" and made fun of Kim about how she "spent so much money" on a Pokemon plus device. It's funny because she gets so defensive everytime she gets negative comments but never realized that she had publicly shamed her friends in her vlogs. I mean nobody's perfect but it seems like she forgot for a moment that she had a goody two shoes image to upkeep?

Posted

She has her minions constantly reminding her that she "works hard" so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. If her haters started to comment that she's lazy she'll just throw in another crying video to gain sympathy. It's a cycle which I foresee will repeat in the long run.

Joan always had the habit of "casually" putting down others in her videos. She scoffed at Coco who "ONLY USES SKII" and made fun of Kim about how she "spent so much money" on a Pokemon plus device. It's funny because she gets so defensive everytime she gets negative comments but never realized that she had publicly shamed her friends in her vlogs. I mean nobody's perfect but it seems like she forgot for a moment that she had a goody two shoes image to upkeep?

It's so sad that her subscribers are unable to see that and thinks that everyone is just picking on Joan and hating on her. Even when people let her know their feedback such as the repetitive content, her subscribers are quick to defend her. 

Posted

She just dont care anymore. 

Posted

yeah that kind of stuff really sticks out in my mind, and says a lot about her personality to me. i get being shady about people who have wronged you (tho i still think it was wrong of her to talk shit about the girl her ex cheated on her with) but like to be shady about your friends, and TO their face (and to film it and put it out for the world to see)? idk thats not what a friend is, imo. to me its very high school to be so catty/passive aggressive.

whenever someone tries to shame me for some part of my life (eg. wanting to spend money on something that they personally find is a waste eg the pokemon plus kim bought), im like oh cool now i know i dont wanna hang out with you cuz u suck. if im going through a crisis, or a friend notices im like bombing my finances, sure have a heart to heart with me. but judge me on stupid shit or offer unsolicited "advice" from a place of self-perceived higher ground? nuh uh, i aint got time for that. im the same age as joan, and im just too damn old to be putting up with stupid shit like that from people.

but i also feel like joan is the type of person to describe herself as a really good friend and not see her flaws (as evidenced by every single time she has not seen her flaws....) so im sure she thinks shes just being "sassy" by being bitchy to her friends.

Posted

made fun of Kim about how she "spent so much money" on a Pokemon plus device. 

idk anything about kim but how can joan think she's quirky making fun of something like this when she spends thousands on cameras that just sit on her shelf 

Posted

On the rare occasion Joan, Sunny, and Kim hang out together, Joan always seems borderline rude to Kim and makes passive aggressive comments. I'm not even the biggest fan of Kim, but the way Joan treats her is noticeable. The best example is when the three of them were shopping and Kim wanted this jacket that was only sold in H&M and Joan and Sunny were getting annoyed because apparently before meeting up with Joan, they had tried to find it at a bunch of other H&Ms with no success. Yet Joan keeps making comments about how she only shops at H&M when they have a "designer" collaboration, "why are they even at H&M", "is the jacket even cute"? etc..  

Here is the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=holyRJZYbPM (comments start at 5:06 to 7:46). The whole shopping trip was just awkward and had a very mean girl feel to it. 

Posted

She's sooo edgy