• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7299 posts in this topic

Posted

Don't forget how she like to throw random korean words while talking with her friends lmao

and she never subs them lol

Posted

of course it has to feature her friends lol girl knows she's boring when she's alone

I feel it's not going to be interesting even with her friends. I mean realistically who would she invite on these "serious talks"? Ashley of Ladies Code, while a nice girl, but from what I've seen of her, haven't really felt any depth to her character or personality; then there's that Christine girl, who is making videos about idol dealing with armpit hair (like girl how many ways are there to really deal with body hair? it's not a revolutionary topic lol) and periods.. I mean...None of them really brings anything to the table when it comes to serious discussions.

The only friends of Joan's that has actual substances to their characters/personalities are K. Choi and Claudine. The rest are pretty bland/basic if I'm being totally honest. Which makes sense I mean look at Joan's personality.

Joan isn't going to improve the quality of her videos, because why would she when she's doing the bare minimum and still pulling in a decent wage. As long as Koreaboos exist, these content creators will always make money.

Posted

I hope she features friends like Claudine, Erin, K. Choi, and Soy and some of her LA friends (who I really enjoy) they can bring a different perspective on things.  less of everyone else like Edward, Sunny, etc... The first group seem really mature and really stable career wise and lifestyle wise whereas Edward and Sunny can come off as petty and immature. 

Posted

That's what I thought in regards to "serious talks with my friends." Her current circle of friends don't really have any depth or for someone like Ashley who is still an idol, can't really put her personal views on serious things out there without getting dragged. Most of Joan's friends who had substance like Claudine don't live in Korea anymore so it would only be something she does when she goes stateside. She might be okay if she did videos like the college video that was more serious but wasn't on a hot button issue, just sharing experiences. So if she talked about things like building and maintaining friendships, or things not out of her depth where she doesn't have to actually be super informed, it might not be bad. But she'll definitely need to have some interesting friends with actual opinions for the videos to be robust and the series to not just flatline.

Posted (edited)

Lol y’all are reminding me of the time when she was talking about how she has these deep conversation with her friends till 4 in the morning while drinking wine... it sounded so pretentious and contrived. Kinda like when she said I worked hard and I KNOW IT. It’s pretty obvious from Joan’s speech and vocabulary that she can’t tak about deep topics 

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

Most of the time I notice she doesn't have her own opinions especially when she does videos with her friend. It's always her friends who are talking and she just agrees (without any substantial or meaningful comment) with everything they say. Like how she asked Moma about make up artists in Korea using a lighter shade and immediately believed his poorly made excuse.

Posted (edited)

Joan talks about buying books, but tbh i dont think she has never talked much about any books...

She just tries to create all sorts of pretentious images of her and when she shows her true colours and people saw through it, she gets defensive about it. smh

Edited by EarCandy

Posted

It is hard work to keep up the persona you want your mindless followers to believe. :happee:

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's inherently wrong to go a shade up because that's how I do it when I know that my recommended shade looks like a bad case of fake tan 5 minutes in (all about the undertones). I just don't buy the reasoning of more oxidation because you don't powder your face. Edit: I sit in between a 21 and 23 in Korean foundation shade most of the year and go lighter because of oxidation, and bronze it up if I feel like it's still too light.

It's also one thing to be well-read, and another thing to be a deep thinker. She can read many books and be able to read broadly, but it's a separate skill to be able to make well-formed opinions and express it eloquently. 

Edited by Tsubaki

Posted

WE HAVE A NEW SKINCARE ROUTINE Y'ALL!!!!!

Posted

WE HAVE A NEW SKINCARE ROUTINE Y'ALL!!!!!

she's shameless at this point. 

Posted

Ugh I hate her skincare routine videos. She still doesn’t know how to wash her face properly and people’s advice and criticisms fall on deaf ears! Does she keep her eyes open the whole time because she’s filming her video or does she never cleanse her eye area properly ???

Posted

Check out this video that showed up in my recommended after watching the new video. I'm only 4 mins into this one and I've already learned more information from this person I've never heard of than in Joan's 10 minute video.    

https://youtu.be/KoZfpMlQNoI 5 Skincare Mistakes Influencers Make! 

BTW, milk thistle is a weed I find in the fields when I go hiking.  I'll probably pick some when spring comes again & put it in a mortar for a face mask, but I'll probably put it on one side of my body first to check for allergic reactions.  

Posted

ive been lurking in the comments section and apparently some people noticed that the negative comments has been deleted by joan. im going to leave those that i found here in case they'll be deleted xD

IMG_3548.thumb.PNG.f2cfdf0fed48b9d64db6aIMG_3549.thumb.PNG.afd1d2fbfd345e9c46ab6IMG_3551.thumb.PNG.618d566f3657dd578dc51IMG_3552.thumb.PNG.e5583956a45b86d72e8edIMG_3553.thumb.PNG.9a4aa65cb5752c6360552IMG_3554.thumb.PNG.a4c0a8aff0722a4de9f14IMG_3555.thumb.PNG.c49e292f66aea04edbd1aIMG_3557.thumb.PNG.fb88ddedf15c7bdf23162

also found this hilarious.... she has been working with cosrx for so long but still has massive breakouts and so much scars to the point where she needs laser. they might work for some people but obviously the products aren't working for her and yet she still shamelessly promotes and recommends them. why would you recommend products that don't work on yourself? where's the credibility???

IMG_3558.thumb.PNG.0ce31d913b5b986236971