• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7919 posts in this topic

Posted

not trying to wk (again) but a lot of these clinics tend to exaggerate how bad the customer's skin condition is so that they can sell their treatments and products. So I guess we should take with a pinch of salt on what was said by the doctor in the video. Also banobagi is notoriously known to have sponsored many influencers so it is highly likely there was some kind of incentive for Joan to go there. At the same time I was quite surprised by how many laser treatments they did on her face in one sitting, not sure if it was really necessary to do so many different types. 

I agree. I thought I was the only one cause when I saw that screencap I thought her skin looked decent, not terrible like everyone here is saying. It's either my bar for good skin is too low or the doctor was trying to upsell procedures through joan to her followers (or a combination of both). Looking at the video when he changed the color settings I could see the spots and marks but he was a bit dramatic about it imo, her skin isn't as bad as he was saying, just like normal troubled skin. I feel like this video would only make her followers, some of whom most likely have worse skin than her judging from the comments, feel bad about themselves. 

Posted

Ashley just dyed her hair ... stay tuned lol

Posted

I must be the only one who thinks her skin looks bad in that screencap. No hate, my skin is no where better, but you can see the red lines around her nose, the amount of freckles, spots and pigmentation on her cheeks is alot which shows how much she doesn't apply enough sun cream, the pigmentation around her eyes pointed out by the doctor, the darkness around her mouth and eyes. Her skin looks dehydrated and dull. I'm saying her skin is bad because I've seen people with decent, not perfect but decent skin and hers is definitely not well taken care of despite going for facials at Troiareuke in the past and having a "dermatologist". 

Amongst all of the "shocked" comments revealing how Joan, the Korean Skincare queen does not have the best skin. I love how a lot of comments are asking about the costs, which she is most likely not going to share.
joan_skin_laser3.thumb.PNG.beed15b5020f9

joan_skin_laser2.thumb.PNG.c29dc970e2e2e
^ It's funny seeing this comment after watching her recent FAQ video about the cream.

As usual she did not disclose about it being sponsored in the description box. And I agree with that comment above about it being a marketing tactic. The clinic will ask Joan to get her interested viewers to refer or contact the clinic directly so then their sales personnel will be able to reach their potential customer directly. 

That comment about her cream is so true... Joan claimed her cream helped lighten her scars which gave her viewers hopes that her cream will do the same for their skin but turns out it's not capable of doing so and she had to go for laser treatments. What a slap in the face for those who trusted her words. 

Posted

I honestly think the redness around her nose could be mitigated by proper cleansing. Why can’t Joan learn to wash her face properly? She’s made a million skin care routine videos. Everyone points out that she uses too much force and uses her whole palm to wash her face ( aka the laziest way to wash your face) and all she does is respond with defensive comments that rationalize her bad habits instead of actually listening to people’s comments. 

I loled at the comment saying I thought she was at least in her 30s. It’s jarring because she looks older than her age and sounds like an airhead who can’t speak any language properly

Posted

I must be the only one who thinks her skin looks bad in that screencap. No hate, my skin is no where better, but you can see the red lines around her nose, the amount of freckles, spots and pigmentation on her cheeks is alot which shows how much she doesn't apply enough sun cream, the pigmentation around her eyes pointed out by the doctor, the darkness around her mouth and eyes. Her skin looks dehydrated and dull. I'm saying her skin is bad because I've seen people with decent, not perfect but decent skin and hers is definitely not well taken care of despite going for facials at Troiareuke in the past and having a "dermatologist". 

As usual she did not disclose about it being sponsored in the description box. And I agree with that comment above about it being a marketing tactic. The clinic will ask Joan to get her interested viewers to refer or contact the clinic directly so then their sales personnel will be able to reach their potential customer directly. 

That comment about her cream is so true... Joan claimed her cream helped lighten her scars which gave her viewers hopes that her cream will do the same for their skin but turns out it's not capable of doing so and she had to go for laser treatments. What a slap in the face for those who trusted her words. 

yea maybe my skin isn't better than joan's idk and i know some other people have worse skin but just because you have worse skin doesn't mean joan's is decent. her skin looks unhealthy and very dull. im actually shocked to see how many freckles and spots she has. she can use as many skincare products but nothing will help if you don't put enough sunscreen! sunscreen is the reason why her acne scars gets darker, doesn't fade away and she develop all these spots. 

i agree with the marketing tactic lol she's not even responding to those comments about the price so obv it's sponsored so she either doesn't know how much it costs or the clinic is refraining her from disclosing. 

Posted

It's so obvious that it's a sponsored video, it must pay her enough to not care about her longtime fans losing trust in her :-( 

Posted

now she's jumping of the vegan trend to gain subscribers. people who view her what i eat in a day video for the first time would think she's actually vegan. Whats worse is they wont know she's lying unless they actually watch her vlogs

Posted (edited)

https://youtu.be/L7p5XKI9L24

It was okay. I thought we were going to watch her cook her meals because the name of the video was What I eat in a day so I was expecting to be more focused on that, she only ate pre made food, nothing wrong with that tho. I think she should have named the vlog differently.

Edited by Blanca Baeza

Posted

there's something so narcissistic about the way she assumes we want to watch her shove forkfuls of food into her mouth. If the video was informative or she actually cooked anything in it, sure, I could come away with a few recipes to try... but she cooked nothing and ate pre-made or processed food the entire time when she literally had the entire day off and all the leisure in the world to cook anything... what was the point in sharing this? oh yeah, gotta wait for her mom to come home and cook her all her meals like usual. 

Posted

Does Joan even know how to cook? I don't think we've ever seen her cook before?

Maybe in the future she should take some cooking classes and vlog about it? I'm sure her weeaboo viewers would love to learn how to cook Korean food with her.

Posted

That video blew... but what's new lol. Like if you titled it as "ASMR" I would figure you simply don't talk but she did in some bits when she was talking about the food during lunch and with her mom. Like at least whisper gurl. I'm not really into ASMR but I mean if you're gonna title your video as such, you would expect her to kind of go through with it?

Also, she didn't even show her food in the video. It was covered up by the plate or it was just in it's container... must be nice to just do half ass videos and have people just adore the work you put out 🙄

This girl put it nicely, I personally wouldn't have lol.

Joan_Day_Comment.thumb.jpeg.3d6f77b3bbd4

Posted

also just wondering but if she's gonna do an asmr video, why would she put music in the background?

Posted

can't believe she did a "how to style korean see through bangs" video when she's shit at styling her hair. the Korean see through bangs has been around for years and many other Koreans with much better styling skills has already made similar videos with much more informative stuff. that was the most click-baity and useless video ive watched from her in awhile. but useless videos to fund her luxury lifestyle, what's new. 

Posted

There are some ASMR vids out there with music. It's usually set in the background if it's a roleplay vid, but I feel like Joan's vid is more in line with the people who vlog, rarely show their faces and just doing mundane things. Not far from her vlog channel, really.

My fave channel for that atm is 子时当归 LOL, I can't understand Mandarin but I've been living away from Sydney so it gives me great joy to see familiar places. Or you know, like ondo온도

Posted

It just feel to me that she does her "joanday vlogs" in her main channel now. Her workload has definitely decreased significantly but obviously we would want to see a video of her brewing tea/coffee AGAIN, and watch her "make" food.