• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

6178 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Joan's style was way better back in 2015/2016 when she had that business casual style going on. It really suited her vibe especially since looks mature. I was looking back at her ig and her style has really changed. She really look better before.

Street style does not match her. She's always trying to follow the trends even if it doesn't suit her. Ironically she wants to be original lol. I remember when she was saying that she felt embarrassed to be wearing uggs but its warm so she has to wear them. I don't think she's in position to be styling someone else when she can't  even style herself. And she looks way prettier without bangs! Like why Joan?!?!

Also, I hate her videos. She puts up the same content over and over again. Her vlogs used to be interesting. She even admited that she would do unboxings just so her vlogs can be longer. How lazy can you get? Like what most people said, she's in korea so she should take advantage of it. She could be going to different parts of Korea instead of just going to cafe's. I don't even know why she put seasons to her channel when they're all the same. And Vlogmas? hahahaha. She could've been doing holiday things but instead she's at a cafe or bragging about her camera, typical. Season 1 is -(365 days with me) Season 2 could've easily been- "Taking You To Korea". Her channel has a lot of potential yet she doesn't utilize it.

And don't get me started with her main channel. Most of the content is a "get ready with me" or skincare routine. It's predictable. I personally think that she should delete her main channel and just focus on Joanday. Heck, since she's always posting a grwm of a skincare routine might as well put it her vlogging channel since she's already vlogging. She knows nothing about skincare nor makeup nor fashion...so???

Edited by justy

Posted (edited)

I won't show a screenshot here due to privacy, but in her newest video when she was showing herself texting her friends her selfie she accidentally revealed the last name of her youtuber friend Beautifymeeh.

I don't know much about the youtuber Beautifymeeh (except that she use to have a bit of drama?) But as a fan of hers for a few years I personally never knew her last name and she doesn't have it publicly listed anywhere (Maybe because she has children and doesn't want people finding her/her children?)

Maybe her full name is publicly listed somewhere and this is all just nothing, but personally I found this extremely rude of Joan. I know you don't care about putting effort into your videos but would it have killed you to take a second to censor the names?!? How can you just full on out your "friend's" real name like that?! Especially when she is keeping it private!

(*edit* : her husband has his last name listed on his Instagram but beautifymeeh personally doesn't listed her last name on both her main and vlogging channel, her blog, or any of her SNS so I'm assuming she personally doesn't want it out there...)

Edited by Serenity

Posted (edited)

Street style does not match her. She's always trying to follow the trends even if it doesn't suit her. Ironically she wants to be original lol. I remember when she was saying that she felt embarrassed to be wearing uggs but its warm so she doesn't have to. I don't think she's in position to be styling someone when she can't  even style herself. And she looks way prettier without bangs! Like why Joan?!?!

not trying to wk but the video is a style swap so it's more like an exchange of what they would wear on a regular basis. Not necessarily a "style my friend" video so obviously there will be looks which won't really suit the other person. That being said Joan's own style is trash so it wouldn't really suit anybody at all lol. 

And don't get me started with her main channel. Most of the content is a "get ready with me" or skincare routine. It's predictable. I personally think that she should delete her main channel and just focus on Joanday. Heck, since she's always posting a grwm of a skincare routine might as well put it her vlogging channel since she's already vlogging. She knows nothing about skincare nor makeup nor fashion...so???

unfortunately that'll never happen because she needs as much views as possible from both channels to get that cash. Also having the main channel provides her with opportunities of sponsorship or collabs from companies. So she'll most likely continue to put out repetitive content regardless.

Edited by cagalli

Posted (edited)

Probably an unpopular opinion but I like the bangs, they make her look younger and less like her hairline is receding 

Edited by ishouldbeatuni
Jichuu

Posted

I've been a silent reader for a while and haven't seen anyone touch on the topic of her Leica other than her trying to "up" her Insta game (correct me if I'm wrong). But I'm pretty sure she bought the Leica (priced at almost $5,000 USD) because of Mino and Yoon from Winner.

https://www.instagram.com/y8n_l8ks_at/

https://www.leicacamerausa.com/photography/leica-q/q-cameras/?utm_source=Leica Camera Website&utm_medium=refferal&utm_campaign=Leica "Buy now" Button

#yikes?

Posted

This is just a screenshot, but someone was telling me Joan posted a laser video so I got curious and basically the doctor roasts Joan's skin bc it's so badly taken care of, especially since she's only in her 20's so whoever still listens to her skincare recommendations, I would seriously reconsider LOL Money can't change laziness

Joan.JPG

Posted

This is just a screenshot, but someone was telling me Joan posted a laser video so I got curious and basically the doctor roasts Joan's skin bc it's so badly taken care of, especially since she's only in her 20's so whoever still listens to her skincare recommendations, I would seriously reconsider LOL Money can't change laziness

Joan.JPG

This is so embarrassing!! The K-skincare queen who raves about how products, especially her revolutionary Joan Day and Night cream transformed her skin, actually has terrible skin! 

Who is going to trust her skincare recommendations now? 

Posted

I'm actually really surprised that she didn't edit that part out of her vlog?! Doesn't she realise that this would damage her credibility? She could easily post about her laser skincare while still giving the illusion of knowing what she is doing/saying...

Posted (edited)

not trying to wk (again) but a lot of these clinics tend to exaggerate how bad the customer's skin condition is so that they can sell their treatments and products. So I guess we should take with a pinch of salt on what was said by the doctor in the video. Also banobagi is notoriously known to have sponsored many influencers so it is highly likely there was some kind of incentive for Joan to go there. At the same time I was quite surprised by how many laser treatments they did on her face in one sitting, not sure if it was really necessary to do so many different types. 

Edited by cagalli

Posted (edited)

not trying to wk (again) but a lot of these clinics tend to exaggerate how bad the customer's skin condition is so that they can sell their treatments and products. So I guess we should take with a pinch of salt on what was said by the doctor in the video. Also banobagi is notoriously known to sponsored many influencers so it is highly likely there was some kind of incentive for Joan to go there. At the same time I was quite surprised by how many laser treatments they did on her face in one sitting, not sure if it was really necessary to do so many different types. 

I thought the doctor was kinda insulting her when he said that comment because it seemed so unnecessary. 

I wonder if Joan got the treatments for free? She better disclose that if she is. I’m excited to see her results! I am most definitely not interested in the treatments... they seem very painful. At one point he was telling her that it smells because they’re burning the hair on her face

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted (edited)

Isn't Banobagi the place that gave Sunny the dorito chin? yikes!  I am pretty sure Joan is getting these treatments for free...because Banobagi...

Also, I'm not surprised Joan has a lot of sun damage. She's a California kid and used to get tan all the time. That, plus persistent acne leaves a lot of hyperpigmentation.

Edited by Chanterelle

Posted (edited)

Apparently Ivan Lam has went for such treatments and the doctor said good things about his skin. I watched the video and it was shocking when he changed the color of her skin to show the condition of her skin. He even pointed out an area which was apparently pretty bad, I can't remember the word he said, but it looked bad in the photo where he pointed, that area looks like some sort of skin discoloration. 

I don't think he was being hurtful tbh... I've seen doctors and dermatologists who said worse things and Joan was agreeing with him too. 

I'm not surprised her skin is bad. 

Edited by patrickstar

Posted

I've been a silent reader for a while and haven't seen anyone touch on the topic of her Leica other than her trying to "up" her Insta game (correct me if I'm wrong). But I'm pretty sure she bought the Leica (priced at almost $5,000 USD) because of Mino and Yoon from Winner.

https://www.instagram.com/y8n_l8ks_at/

https://www.leicacamerausa.com/photography/leica-q/q-cameras/?utm_source=Leica Camera Website&utm_medium=refferal&utm_campaign=Leica "Buy now" Button

#yikes?

a lot of us (me included ugh i'm still bitter over this) got pretty angry/outspoken about the leica when it first popped up. it's ridiculous how she bought such an expensive camera just for the namesake and the idols behind it with the excuse that her insta game would be improved.

like girl, your insta game is still whack as fuck. only the quality (a quick clarification: that jump from an iphone shot to a solid lens shot, not what's in the shot) has gone up, and that's Literally only because the leica's god-given lens is working overtime. joan's pics taken with the leica is nothing different than what she used to post lol.

Posted (edited)

Talking about the Leica and her instagram game,

As someone trying to up their instagram game, at least pose more naturally in the photos. This photo just screams "awkward" and "trying to look chic and cool behind a DHL truck". Also the angle of the photo is just ugly. She could have just have her photo taken straight from the front and without this sloppy (not street) outfit.

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 3.28.13 pm.png

Edited by EarCandy