• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7804 posts in this topic

Posted

She does look a little like Eunbi. Their noses and lips are very similar but Eunbi's face looks much more balanced. So weird because people say Eunbi looks like Irene but I think it's just their side profile. And Joan definitely does not look like Irene.

Posted (edited)

I can see a bit of Joan in Eunbi, but tbh Eunbi is much prettier. I don't think Joan is ugly, she's above average. But the poses, makeup, and overall styling she has just makes her unattractive to me + her personality intensifies that unattractiveness.

5c3eabf849e5f_Screenshot_20190115-205624produce-48-kwon-eunbi-2-e1530774234984.t

Their lips and smiles overall are very simila and they also have quite large noses; however, Eunbi's nose is a lot slimmer and taller. Joan's nose is quite flat and wide.

Screen_Shot_2019-01-18_at_2.51.36_PM.thu

produce_48_4_kwon_eunbi_profile.thumb.jp

They both have smile lines, but Joan's is slightly deeper BUT she is older so it makes sense. Joan's eyes are also a bit more droopy and less defined than Eunbi's. Joan's lips are bigger and her smile is gummier as well.

Screen_Shot_2019-01-18_at_2.59.00_PM.thu

678c1e64e6a72333b3eded7248870fe0.thumb.j

After looking through their pictures, the biggest difference between them are their noses and eyes - which are key features of the face, so I understand why Eunbi is considered beautiful and Joan is just average. They have a very similar face shape and smile though and I can honestly  see the resemblance between the two.

I'm not faulting Joan for her appearance at all, just pointing out the differences between the two. One of Joan's redeeming factors is not going under the knife, especially with societal pressures of looking beautiful in Korea. I think Joan is decent looking (not Irene or Jisoo level pretty, lol chill kboos), but definitely not ugly.

I think a lot of people also agree that Eunbi doesn't look like Irene, only from certain angles she does but definitely not straight on. http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/06/produce-48-trainee-kwon-eunbi-is-irene.html

Edited by lmao_idk

Posted

So Joan did this style swap video with some other youtuber and I was watching the video the other youtuber made of her styling Joan.

In the video she did three looks on Joan with the second one being a Hypebae(Hypebeast?) Look. At the end of the video she asked Joan which look she liked the best and Joan of course said the Hypebae look because its "So different than her usual style!" And I couldn't help but roll my eyes when Joan said that.:alpacabored: 

Joan, you've been dressing like a Hypebae wannabe for the past year. If Hypebe really was "so different!!" Your normal style than explain the video you just made of your 47 hoodies!

Posted

So Joan did this style swap video with some other youtuber and I was watching the video the other youtuber made of her styling Joan.

In the video she did three looks on Joan with the second one being a Hypebae(Hypebeast?) Look. At the end of the video she asked Joan which look she liked the best and Joan of course said the Hypebae look because its "So different than her usual style!" And I couldn't help but roll my eyes when Joan said that.:alpacabored: 

Joan, you've been dressing like a Hypebae wannabe for the past year. If Hypebe really was "so different!!" Your normal style than explain the video you just made of your 47 hoodies!

Her entire face lit up when she saw the LV logo on that blue sweater.

Posted

I wouldn't think too much about who her fans think she looks like. Koreaboos see their idols in litteraly every asian person on this planet haha.

Posted

lol I like how the pink suit looked better on the girl 

Posted

she’s so desperate for views 😂😂😂 her along with her whole k-vlog squad. they always put Korean in the title to attract the koreaboos 💀 if you gotta title your videos like that to get views then that just means your videos aren’t good enough alone 🤧

Posted

PhotoGrid_1547536846494.png

Thank you for making my day :haiplz: 

Posted

I can see a bit of Joan in Eunbi, but tbh Eunbi is much prettier. I don't think Joan is ugly, she's above average. But the poses, makeup, and overall styling she has just makes her unattractive to me + her personality intensifies that unattractiveness.

Hidden Content

I think a lot of people also agree that Eunbi doesn't look like Irene, only from certain angles she does but definitely not straight on. http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2018/06/produce-48-trainee-kwon-eunbi-is-irene.html

Is it only me because I don't see any resemblances. When I look at that Eunbi girl, she looks cute, youthful, bubbly which is the opposite of what I would describe Joan. 

It's weird when people praise Joan for not going under the knife... I would never too even if I want to because I'm afraid of pain, I wouldn't even do fillers. Moreover just take a look at her friends who did ps... Eddie? Sunny? Ps screwed up their facial features... :/  

Posted

Is it only me because I don't see any resemblances. When I look at that Eunbi girl, she looks cute, youthful, bubbly which is the opposite of what I would describe Joan. 

It's weird when people praise Joan for not going under the knife... I would never too even if I want to because I'm afraid of pain, I wouldn't even do fillers. Moreover just take a look at her friends who did ps... Eddie? Sunny? Ps screwed up their facial features... :/  

well she does live in Korea where plastic surgery is very common. Since she goes out nearly everyday, I’m sure she’s bombarded by the plastic surgery ads which feature dramatic before/after pictures. 

Posted

LOL omg. I just cant! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

It's really Joan's nose that keeps her from looking like any idol/singer because it's just not a 'idol' quality female nose, the way it really protrudes and the width of it makes it somewhat masculine. No hate though, I too have a wider Asian nose that kind of messes with the balance of my facial features, but I really like my nose lol

*edit* a tip would be for her to learn how to properly contour her nose, I feel like that would make a huge difference in people saying she looks ugly or her face looks off etc because we all know idols can look completely different with the proper contouring

Edited by mujiforlife

Posted

It's really Joan's nose that keeps her from looking like any idol/singer because it's just not a 'idol' quality female nose, the way it really protrudes and the width of it makes it somewhat masculine. No hate though, I too have a wider Asian nose that kind of messes with the balance of my facial features, but I really like my nose lol

*edit* a tip would be for her to learn how to properly contour her nose, I feel like that would make a huge difference in people saying she looks ugly or her face looks off etc because we all know idols can look completely different with the proper contouring

I thought it was her face shape, she has a U-shape face which is unpopular for idols, she always looks bloated, plus her noticeable asymmetric jaw. No hate on her face shape, I have asymmetrical face too. 

Posted

did anyone watch her new video? im not surprised in the slightest her skin was that bad

Posted

I watched Christine's video where she styled Joan and I really liked how she looked in the first outfit. It was more fitted and since Joan has a slender figure, it was so much more flattering than the next 2 looks (the 'hypebae' one was really weird on her), she should really invest in pieces like that sweater