• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

6701 posts in this topic

Posted

iirc in SK you pretty much live at home til you get married & move in with your spouse, correct me if i'm wrong.

I have a couple of friends who live in SK and their reasoning is that while it's annoying, it's generally very expensive to rent an apartment by themselves. You have to pay like 2 years (or something like that) upfront. I feel like Asian families are also generally more lax about that sort of thing and it's not really weird.

Posted

I don't know how that works in South Korea, but is it normal to be 27 years old and still live with your mother? No trying to be shady, I'm genuinely curious.

kinda. i'm not so sure how it is right now (considering i only go to visit family), but i think it's rather normal for families to continue to live together. it's quite pricey to live by yourself in seoul, and even one-rooms tend to be expensive for what it is. i'd say it's kind of common to see adults well in their 20/30s to live with family before marriage. hell, some women in their 20/30s still have a curfew when they're living with parents. and even after marriage, couples might continue to live with parents until they can afford to move out on their own. 

Posted

she's good at copying others. 

She's not exactly good at that either. 

I don't know how that works in South Korea, but is it normal to be 27 years old and still live with your mother? No trying to be shady, I'm genuinely curious.

It is normal. Accommodation in Korea is pricey so even if she got married, she might have to live with her husband's family depending on their financial status. That being said, there are many Youtubers who can afford their own apartment in Seoul, I remember seeing a few videos of smaller Youtubers giving a tour of their one-room apartment in Seoul so Joan can surely afford one if she really wants to, but looking at how much Joan relies on her mother, I doubt she will ever want to move out. No one will cook for her, wrap presents for her, and share the cost of living and luxury bags with her. 

Posted (edited)

that's very hypocritical of her to preach sustainable fashion and then flex her 47 hoodies. if she were to preach sustainable fashion, why didn't she donate some of her clothes and accessories she doesn't use anymore to thrift stores like thread up or the real real (a designer thrift website) and maybe also buy some clothes at thrift stores or other sustainable fashion brands like everlane? why doesn't she do a closet purge every now and then (idk if she does lmao)?

people say "practise what you preach" for a reason joan. 

Edited by daydreamers

Posted

Watch her be like well I already bought a lot of these hoodies before I decided to be more sustainable so get off my back bc I'm not trying to be wasteful and not wear what I already own :doge:

Posted

tbh I'm really looking forward to the videos she's going to put out in the future for this closet collection series. The more she posts, the more she's proving to the world how much of a hypocrite she is. Not to mention the increasing "hate" comments she's getting and the debates between her haters and minions are very entertaining to read. 

Posted

Haven't been keeping up with Joan in months. What happened to her face? It looks so round and puffy. If they're fillers, girl get a refund

Posted

Hello! I'm new here, sort of. I've lurked here ever since I noticed Joan's changing attitude, and I (curiously) googled to see if anyone else was noticing these things too, and found this site. I finally decided to make an account because I have commented quite a few times on her channel (bluntly honest, but not rude or mean) and am really so sick of her white knight viewers. :alpacamad: I came here to vent, and also wanted to post the conversation that brewed in the comments, but being that this is my first post here, I don't want to break rules/guidelines or get downvoted. Do her viewers really have that difficult of a time differentiating between questioning hypocrisy and hate?!

Posted (edited)

Hello! I'm new here, sort of. I've lurked here ever since I noticed Joan's changing attitude, and I (curiously) googled to see if anyone else was noticing these things too, and found this site. I finally decided to make an account because I have commented quite a few times on her channel (bluntly honest, but not rude or mean) and am really so sick of her white knight viewers. :alpacamad: I came here to vent, and also wanted to post the conversation that brewed in the comments, but being that this is my first post here, I don't want to break rules/guidelines or get downvoted. Do her viewers really have that difficult of a time differentiating between questioning hypocrisy and hate?!

A big big part of her viewers are delusional koreaboos so...

Edited by MistahMistah666
Cuz I'm dumb

Posted

You really gotta wonder about their sanity when they say she looks like Irene...

Posted

You really gotta wonder about their sanity when they say she looks like Irene...

Not Irene of RV right? Are they talking about the model Irene Kim because I can sort of kind of see why they would say that. 

Posted

I'm sorry but Joan does not look anything like Irene Kim the model or the idol from red velvet. Not even close 

Posted

They use to say when she had purple hair that she looked like Jisoo from blackpink..

Her fans will grab literally anyone and say she looks like them.