• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7658 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

cringefest. is she trying to be sexy with all these cringeworthy expressions 

IMG_1813.PNG

IMG_1814.PNG

IMG_1816.PNG

5fc9815933f775840885354161c36949--silly-faces-college-girls.jpg

Spot the odd one out:

PhotoGrid_1547536846494.png

Edited by GreenTomato
Typo

Posted

You can accumulate stuff over the years but 47 hoodies is a bit much for the average person. Also why do a closet collection in parts? That's like someone putting out a makeup collection video and going into foundations, concealers, lipsticks in different videos. Just do one vid in your closet and pull out your faves or items attached to unique memories? 

Posted

You can accumulate stuff over the years but 47 hoodies is a bit much for the average person. Also why do a closet collection in parts? That's like someone putting out a makeup collection video and going into foundations, concealers, lipsticks in different videos. Just do one vid in your closet and pull out your faves or items attached to unique memories? 

Because to her, the rest of us are peasants who can't afford to drop hundreds on hypebeast hoodies that she can claim are "meaningful" and "has a story" only for the sole purpose of showing off how expensive they are or how her brother had to wait outside some ridiculous capitalist line to buy. I 100% bet you she's going to quantify the meaningfulness of her choices by their price or association with some idol/rapper. Most girls will choose a meaningful hoodie like "oh I stole this from my bf" or "it's my dad's and reminds me of him" but this girl.... 

Posted

47 hoodies to match her age - well how old she looks. 

lmao nah i'm just talking shit. although there is some truth in it.. LOL

Posted

Question: does the word hypebeast only have a negative connotation? If so she’s shitting on herself right?? For some reason, even though I don’t know this word, her using it made me cringe more than her poses

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hype%20beast

Posted (edited)

Hello there. First time commenting here. I think that Joan was talking about her designer bag collection when she said that some of them had meaning / story about it.

Edited by bien

Posted (edited)

It really means a lot for Joan to be saying she have 47 hoodies after creating a video about preaching for Reformation and stopping fast-fashion. She forgot that buying a lot of clothes is as good as buying fast-fashion. 

Points to ponder on:

- Will she even wear all 47 hoodies? Heck no. Girl wears different stuff to flex on Instagram as part of her "stepping-up-insta-with-my-pretentious-leica" project. 

- Is this the right example to show to people? Like some youtubers, no. Encouraging people to buy more clothes than they need? No. It's not like she's even describing people on the fit and quality of hoodies and contributing some information and facts for the viewers. Plain, show-off thing. Might as well do a Haul.

- Does this show anything about her style? No, we come back to the same point - she's just flexing, good to know you got so many hoodies. God bless your wardrobe and washing machine, girl probably washes her clothes every time she wore it for 3 hours. 

- Does viewers actually care about her hoodies or care more about her life in Korea and Korea related stuff? Rocket science.

- She'll definitely create shoes/bags/accessories stuff next. Let's wait for her to flex more of her luxurious goods which majority of them don't look good on her unlike black simple outfits and is just for her to flex like those obnoxious rich people.

Ok, I went off for a bit but I'd really want to get old Joan back or at least see Joan going back to her roots. The girl that wears simple colours, much more elegant and fitting clothes. She needs to know she don't suit oversized clothing!

Screenshot_20190116-012759_YouTube.jpg

Question: does the word hypebeast only have a negative connotation? If so she’s shitting on herself right?? For some reason, even though I don’t know this word, her using it made me cringe more than her poses

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hype%20beast

hypebeasts are either used to describe positively as someone's style as being cool dope etc or it can be used as a negative connotation of tryhard and materialistic.

it all depends on how one sees hypebeasts as.

Edited by EarCandy

Posted

She answerd a fans qestion about her lip tho. I feel like her response make no sense at all. 

C1C9F6C8-2377-4BFE-A654-247992E640BC.jpeg

Posted

oh man i actually do wanna know the story of the cambridge hoodie, cuz i thought that was just a thing koreans did, like wearing a shirt from a school you didnt go to cuz the design looks cool or cuz of name recognition like harvard (i asked ppl i saw wearing like harvard/nyu hoodies in korea and they just said it looked cool...). idk ive never seen an american wear merch from a university they or their parents didnt go to, to me its really weird

also its so sad cuz if she really just leaned into her being awkward/cringey i would be down with it and it would probably make her content more enjoyable/relatable, but the whole trying to be an actual hypebeast/sexy/cool (and thinking she is???) while actually being lame and cringe just makes me sad for her 

i don't think it's something that only koreans do because I go to school in Cali and people sometimes wear hoodies of school they want to go to

Posted

oh man i actually do wanna know the story of the cambridge hoodie, cuz i thought that was just a thing koreans did, like wearing a shirt from a school you didnt go to cuz the design looks cool or cuz of name recognition like harvard (i asked ppl i saw wearing like harvard/nyu hoodies in korea and they just said it looked cool...). idk ive never seen an american wear merch from a university they or their parents didnt go to, to me its really weird

also its so sad cuz if she really just leaned into her being awkward/cringey i would be down with it and it would probably make her content more enjoyable/relatable, but the whole trying to be an actual hypebeast/sexy/cool (and thinking she is???) while actually being lame and cringe just makes me sad for her 

honestly i live in socal, and i know a lot of people who have university merch from schools they don't go to. most of the time, i think it's because their friends attend that school or they want/wanted to go there. i have an old usc sweater from back in like 9th grade because i thought i'd wanna go there. never got rid of it until it started to rip LOL

i 100% agree with your second comment though. i don't know what she's trying to achieve with this "i'm hypeBAE!" thing going on when she doesn't match it? joan, just because the shit fits you (and why shouldn't it when you're skinny with a long ass torso), it doesn't mean it's gonna look good on you... /: it ends up feeling like the mean girls mom, trying to be a Cool Mom. Hip with the Kids. (no disrespect for the mean girls mom lol)

Posted

joan, just because the shit fits you (and why shouldn't it when you're skinny with a long ass torso), it doesn't mean it's gonna look good on you... /: it ends up feeling like the mean girls mom, trying to be a Cool Mom. Hip with the Kids. (no disrespect for the mean girls mom lol)

Download (1).jpeg

30fa5e99c49d2d1372400f41f7290254.gif

Posted

It's too much even if you wear hoodies everyday! She replied to a comment saying that she has worn every piece but she probably only wore those not shown in the video a few times. Who cares if they are from a sustainable brand? The purpose of buying sustainable clothes is so you don't need another 40 pieces of them. Re-visited the comments section and alot of her viewers are commenting that the video makes them want to buy more hoodies. How ironic is it that she uploaded a video to "spread awareness" about fashion pollution but now she's doing the exact opposite and encouraging people to buy more clothes? I find it shallow when Youtubers simply hop onto the eco-friendly train just to portray a better image online but does nothing eco-friendly offline. 

I know this has been proven many times but Joan is really not the smartest girl? She could've just made this video without mentioning her collection of 47 hoodies and everything will be fine but unfortunately she's a show off. 

Asking her viewers to unsubscribe if they don't like what they're watching... Does she not know that some of these commenters who doesn't like what they're watching used to be her fans? She's so sick of Youtube and pretending like she's the good girl we all thought she is. She's only doing Youtube to flex her expensive purchases (and stupidity). I feel it might be because she's gone through a bankruptcy and in that crying video she said she would get envious and jealous of her friends who can afford things? Which is why now she wants to prove to her friends that she's doing better than them, that she can afford all these? Just my assumption but such a turn off to see someone be so materialistic but has 0 sense of style. 

Posted

I hardly ever go on twitter anymore, but I happened to be scrolling around when, lo and behold, looks like pull users truly can predict the future LOL

ash.JPG

joan.JPG

Posted

The bangs are backkkkk!!!!!

Honestly I watched it because it was 3 min long 

And is it me or this girl is trying to hide the fact that she got fillers by doing such a terrible job doing her lipstick like, the upper lip is so badly defined? (I'm sorry I don't know what the words is to describe it)

Screenshot_20190115-205624~2.png

Screenshot_20190115-205624~3.png

Posted

UUUGHHH

She styles herself SOOOOOO bad!!!! In what world does she look good with bangs??? And choppy bangs are extremely hard to pull off unless you have a 10/10 face to begin with. 

Why does Joan keep caving into the latest trends? She has no personality anymore. I used to watch every single one of her videos in 2017 during my lunch breaks.