• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7876 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

She cried again in her newest main channel video. This is getting old.

Edited by cagalli

Posted

Watch Joan's bias in Exo change from Chen to Kai now that Kai and Jennie are dating.
file.thumb.gif.25700ed6f4fd5b0fc6c80827f

to add to this:

she's going to date someone because jennie is dating lol

Posted (edited)

is she a drama queen or something?

i remember she cried in that old video because she couldn’t buy stuff without being jealous of her friends or something like that? I wouldn’t be surprised if someone made a meme out of that.  As far as I recall she mostly goes to cafes, gets her nail done, works at radio sporadically, goes shopping, hangs out with friends, says on camera that it was a busy day when all she did was get her nails done and go to the mall etc.

shes seems really lazy, entitled and stupid. 

In her new main channel vid when she said she was juggling, Family, friends, the creaM, YouTube  i thought didn’t you neglect the shit out of YouTube? Lol. It’s the same shit repeating over and over ie a skincare routine video like every 3 weeks. I wonder how many of those she’ll upload this year. I predict at least 5

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

I've unsubbed. Why did she cry?

Posted

I've unsubbed. Why did she cry?

She talked about her face cream again and all the hard work she did this year. Was reminded of her struggles in her early 20s. Said she was worried she wouldn't be able to top JoanDay 365, but she thinks she did. 

Posted

She talked about her face cream again and all the hard work she did this year. Was reminded of her struggles in her early 20s. Said she was worried she wouldn't be able to top JoanDay 365, but she thinks she did. 

But literally no one except her fans and friends who received it for free care about her face cream? I haven't heard many people talking about the cream tbh. 

Posted (edited)

The cry is probably another marketing technique to sell her cream.

So done with her telling about how hard she was feeling. It's all good to share how you feel but she've been going on about this thing again and again. The amount of pressure and work Joan "claimed to have" is almost the same as any working adult out there, or even lesser than the norm.

Edited by EarCandy

Posted

The cry is probably another marketing technique to sell her cream.

So done with her telling about how hard she was feeling. It's all good to share how you feel but she've been going on about this thing again and again. The amount of pressure and work Joan "claimed to have" is almost the same as any working adult out there, or even lesser than the norm.

I think also the fact that we can't see how much "work" she has put into being an influencer in 2018 is completely her fault. In JoanDay 365, I could definitely feel how much effort she was putting into her channel. I even felt bad for her because I know editing is not easy to do every single day. This year, Joan decided to put up a weird, try-hard facade and also upload significantly less. It felt like there was no effort put into her channel and her videos because all her effort was going into this fake, sassy, shallow, dramatic, immature persona she was making for herself. There was zero effort to make better content this year. I hope for 2019 that Joan goes back to her roots to remember why she started YouTube in the first place and bring back some of the authenticity she exhibited in 2017. 

Posted

I think also the fact that we can't see how much "work" she has put into being an influencer in 2018 is completely her fault. In JoanDay 365, I could definitely feel how much effort she was putting into her channel. I even felt bad for her because I know editing is not easy to do every single day. This year, Joan decided to put up a weird, try-hard facade and also upload significantly less. It felt like there was no effort put into her channel and her videos because all her effort was going into this fake, sassy, shallow, dramatic, immature persona she was making for herself. There was zero effort to make better content this year. I hope for 2019 that Joan goes back to her roots to remember why she started YouTube in the first place and bring back some of the authenticity she exhibited in 2017. 

I think she just got bored of the YouTube "job". Honestly it's quite common among a lot of Youtubers as they lose their enthusiasm after doing the same old thing for so long. Joan has been on YouTube for 3(?) years and I can just tell that she's bored of doing it, and she can't be bothered to think up of new ways to film interesting content. However it's easy money for her so that's why she's persisting till now. 

Posted

I think she just got bored of the YouTube "job". Honestly it's quite common among a lot of Youtubers as they lose their enthusiasm after doing the same old thing for so long. Joan has been on YouTube for 3(?) years and I can just tell that she's bored of doing it, and she can't be bothered to think up of new ways to film interesting content. However it's easy money for her so that's why she's persisting till now. 

I agree, you can totally tell the lack of passion, creativity and enthusiasm in her videos these days with the repetitive boring content. She can afford to take a short break which I think will help but unfortunately she can't live without her luxury bags and clothes. It's normal to get sick and tired of doing the same thing for so long. I just wish she will admit it rather than all these countless crying videos talking about how much work she has done. 

Tbh her life isn't even near difficult. Youtube isn't an easy job but it is if you're constantly posting the same videos that doesn't require any effort such as favorites, skincare routines... There are so many more Youtubers who post better quality videos who have been on Youtube for over 5 years but you don't see them crying because they've worked "so hard" because most of them know that it's easy money. Many of us work equally hard or even harder but we barely earn whatever they earn in an Instagram post. 

Posted (edited)

I just wish Joan would get more creative when it comes to the simpler things, like show us around different spots that might not be well known to tourists. I'm on winter break and I've been rewatching her videos from S1 of Joanday to now and s1 by far was better and way more interesting compared to now. However, even though it was better in a lot of ways (more interesting content, a more stylish and mature Joan etc..) it was still repetitive. Like girl, how many times are you going to take us and your friends to the "different" gentle monsters and olive youngs in different areas? We get it. You love you some gentle monster, but now it's boring. I also think she's getting tired of Youtube, but I don't really see where she's going to go from here, should really choose to "leave" Youtube. Will she try making her own clothing line like Jenn Im or Chriselle Lim or try do something more with skincare? I just wish she could show passion for something other than buying brand name items. 

Edited by smith16

Posted

Another frustrating thing about Joan (and also Jenn Im and the Q2Han twins only because I watch them as well and am starting to see just how much they are alike when it comes to stuff like like this) is that they claim to be "passionate" about things (Joan-skin care, Jenn & Q2Han fashion) and want to further their careers yet at a certain point, they just all start getting lazy or uncreative or even worse imo start getting interested in things, not because they're actually interested but because it's currently trendy. Case in point, Joan with her almost stalker like obsession with Jennie and her style (in her earlier vlogs Joan would always mention how Jessica Jung (SNSD) was her "style icon". When Joan is with her friends, especially her American friends, I feel like she constantly tries to show that she has a "real" job and that she does have to work for her money, but it's like her current content isn't showing that. I feel like what she doesn't get is that Youtube can offer legit and lucrative "real job" opportunities. She just has to really put in the work and constantly strive for improvement, which she doesn't. There is a French youtuber named Violette who does make up tutorials and last year she was offered a job by Estee Lauder to become their new global beauty director! That could totally be Joan if she knew how to put in the work and effort. Youtube could literally give her the opportunity to have the "real" career she seemingly craves, doing basically what's doing now but actually having a title, working with a legit and global company and being afford to whatever luxury items she wants. But she doesn't want to put in the work.   

Posted

She isn't that passionate about skincare. Or her passion is really shallow. She shies away from immersing herself in the science and actually understanding the ingredients!! She puts off any responsibility in explaining the product to whoever she's collaborating with (like when she's with Charlotte Cho) and has a surface level understanding of anything.

She got lucky that YT ended up being semi-lucrative and she's a bit bored and annoyed that her personal life is her content. The burnout happens when you don't actually have content and end up sacrificing your personal life for vlogs so people will watch you. 

Posted

Another frustrating thing about Joan (and also Jenn Im and the Q2Han twins only because I watch them as well and am starting to see just how much they are alike when it comes to stuff like like this) is that they claim to be "passionate" about things (Joan-skin care, Jenn & Q2Han fashion) and want to further their careers yet at a certain point, they just all start getting lazy or uncreative or even worse imo start getting interested in things, not because they're actually interested but because it's currently trendy. Case in point, Joan with her almost stalker like obsession with Jennie and her style (in her earlier vlogs Joan would always mention how Jessica Jung (SNSD) was her "style icon". When Joan is with her friends, especially her American friends, I feel like she constantly tries to show that she has a "real" job and that she does have to work for her money, but it's like her current content isn't showing that. I feel like what she doesn't get is that Youtube can offer legit and lucrative "real job" opportunities. She just has to really put in the work and constantly strive for improvement, which she doesn't. There is a French youtuber named Violette who does make up tutorials and last year she was offered a job by Estee Lauder to become their new global beauty director! That could totally be Joan if she knew how to put in the work and effort. Youtube could literally give her the opportunity to have the "real" career she seemingly craves, doing basically what's doing now but actually having a title, working with a legit and global company and being afford to whatever luxury items she wants. But she doesn't want to put in the work.   

I totally get what you are saying but a "real job" requires skill or expertise. Her makeup and fashion knowledge is horrendous. Who is going to hire her? She went to college for broadcasting (correct me if I'm wrong) but her pronunciation (along with grammar) is atrocious. Yes YouTube can bring a lot of opportunities (and if she doesn't know that then she's as dumb as she talks) but the problem is no one is offering them to her. Honestly what would they hire her for? MUA? Stylist? Hey let's just do a collab and slap your name it. (The three years she's been a YTber she got one collab) sure she gets asked to be on a panels but I'm pretty sure it's only because she "speaks" English and understand Korean. If she didn't she wouldn't be invited (same with Eddie. Why they both are invited I still can not comprehend) There are so many korean beauty YTbers out there who's makeup skills are on point. They know what they are talking about too in regards to ingredients in the products. Dos and donts. But they can't speak English (I'd rather listen to their broken English than Joan) 

She has nothing to fall back on if she quit YouTube (which is really sad) so she is stuck. I'm sorry but look at her current group of friends in Korea (Christine and Ashley grace) are they going to help her in her YouTube career? I think Joan thinks that being friends with unpopular idols (I'm sorry but it's true. Legit idols are busy working and have no time to be at cafes hanging out) is going to increase her subscriber count like her BFF Eddie (who has a little over a million subscribers how he got that many is beyond me) she thinks by doing nothing like Eddie (his content isn't amazing either) she's going to achieve that.