• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube Joankeem / Joanday

7373 posts in this topic

Posted

On a scale from 1-10, to me she is a solid 5 physically, plain, nothing special and nothing that grasps anyones attention. She is not ugly, which a 3 is considered. Her attitude on the other hand... probably a 3-4:alpacaheadshake:

Posted

Sorry for the lack of punctuation, I took this transcribe from her latest vlog:

even though this is my fourth year doing it it did feel feel harder for me mainly because Joan Day grew a lot and I feel like there are expectations now not just from you guys but also from me I want them to look nice I want them to look exciting I want them to look Christmassy and that's one of the reasons why I said okay to the New York trip the Chicago trip in London and Paris because during the fourth I think this might be my fifth Christmas in Korea it is quite festive in certain areas but it's not like the cities that I just mentioned and it felt really cool to experience Christmas in different cities this year and I hope you guys enjoyed it as well it feels really weird that it's over the fact that I don't have to vlog tomorrow and the day after that it just feels somewhat nice and I'll be back to let you guys know what's going to be the plan for 2019 I have been thinking about it for a couple months now actually and I did make the final decision of what 2019 is going to look like for both of my channels so I will be announcing that soon

"I want them to look nice I want them to look exciting I want them to look Christmassy" bi*ch where? Despite her going to so many countries during her vlogmas she still managed to make her vlogs boring as hell. Also this is not the first time she had complained that vlogging is getting difficult for her because she doesn't have a single clue on what things she could do in her vlogs anymore.

And what plan about 2019? Another season of Joan Day vlogs? More repeated GRWM and skincare routines? More PR unbox videos? Girl your new year resolution for 2018 was to make more interesting content but you didn't deliver any.

Posted

What kind of content can she actually still do that would be different? I already never found her skin care advice to be useful so I hardly watched her main channel videos. Then she pulled a 180 on her personality so the vlogs went out the window too...

I bet she is bored of vlogging and hate having to use her personal life for content. But the money is too good to pass up. Ngl I'd run out of things to say/show if I were her in position. A person can only go to so many cafés and Gentle Monster flagship stores before it gets tiring. 

Posted

do you guys really think joan is below a 5? she's obviously not super pretty or anything but 5 is like average, and shes obviously above average. i think sometimes people forget what average people look like irl lol it's not that cute. average people you see everyday are basically one step away from being ugly. the fact that joan has the ability to look good with styling and makeup puts her at like a 6-7. anything below 5 is literally ugly which if we compare joan to a beauty queen then yea she look ugly af but i dont think any reasonable person on the streets would actually see her as ugly.

Posted (edited)

do you guys really think joan is below a 5? she's obviously not super pretty or anything but 5 is like average, and shes obviously above average. i think sometimes people forget what average people look like irl lol it's not that cute. average people you see everyday are basically one step away from being ugly. the fact that joan has the ability to look good with styling and makeup puts her at like a 6-7. anything below 5 is literally ugly which if we compare joan to a beauty queen then yea she look ugly af but i dont think any reasonable person on the streets would actually see her as ugly.

nah she's no way above average. she's average. i consider her a 3 because of her personality. few years back i'd consider her a solid 5 because i mistook her for someone nice and friendly, but looks wise she's simply not attractive. i can't think of any features of hers that's attractive tbh.... plus her gummy smile is not a cute look..... if i saw her on the streets i probably wouldn't even notice her or if i do, it'll be because of her horrendous style. 

Edited by Lololololol

Posted

nah she's not above average. she's average. i consider her a 3 because of her personality but looks wise she's not attractive or above average, just average. i can't think of any features of hers that's attractive tbh. if i saw her on the streets i probably wouldn't even notice her or if i do, it'll be because of her horrendous style. 

well i don't think you need to be noticed to be above average i'd say the only people that i notice on the streets are people who are a 8-10. maybe we just have different definitions of average coming home for christmas i noticed that 90% of the people at the airport were kinda ugly but then i realized that this is just what the average person looks like which joan is differently prettier than. but maybe my city just has an unusually high number of ugly people lol

Posted

i just watched 9 videos straight (from London Vlog-Winter Wonderland till the latest one) and i must say i'm sick of the same intro and it's a lil boring idky. and to the amount of people translating her vlogs, aren't you guys tired of doing that? i mean, her voice is kinda annoying esp on repeat ya know...

and i just wanna mention some things i've noticed while watching some of her vlogs.

the "Winter Wonderland" vlog.... she says she's excited but bitch she isn't. dude no matter how tired i am or whatever i'll still be damn excited to somewhere i've never been before? she's always so tired and her eye bags.... ugh.

next, "the reason why i come to london" vlog is a 10 min video, 3 mins 45 seconds shows the meet & greet and the rest is her unwrapping gifts like bruh... i honestly wonder if she ever uses what her "fans" gave her cuz it's A LOT, i remember her giving some to her friends (memory getting worse cuz bitch here is old) but yeah she receives so many gifts and her room is a mess i wonder when is she gonna clean the mess.

*instead of it being a Christmassy, it's kinda Christmessy y'all*

she also have a habit of saying or expressing things in one word - cute. "oh that's so cute" "oh i love this it's so cute" like bitch come the fuck on, everything in ur eyes is just cute..?

oh and she's been using the Leica camera but why does her photos look like shit...... quality isn't there and she needs to step up on her posing game.

btw everything i'm saying here is just my opinion don't be harsh on me i'm just sharing :-(((

Posted

Probably just one of my many pet peeves but I really hate it when she unboxes the advent calendar and throws the confetti at the camera. Like why can't you just throw it to the side???

Posted

well i don't think you need to be noticed to be above average i'd say the only people that i notice on the streets are people who are a 8-10. maybe we just have different definitions of average coming home for christmas i noticed that 90% of the people at the airport were kinda ugly but then i realized that this is just what the average person looks like which joan is differently prettier than. but maybe my city just has an unusually high number of ugly people lol

possibly...... im just thinking of the average girls i see outside everyday and most of them are prettier than joan tbh but i think the way joan styles herself plays a huge role. she's always wearing the most ill-fitting and ugly clothes. 

Posted

i just watched 9 videos straight (from London Vlog-Winter Wonderland till the latest one) and i must say i'm sick of the same intro and it's a lil boring idky. and to the amount of people translating her vlogs, aren't you guys tired of doing that? i mean, her voice is kinda annoying esp on repeat ya know...

i translated one of her vlogs when i still watched her videos and her content wasn't that bad. the video was titled 'A Busy Day in my Life: Meetings, Collabs, & other fun things 🐒 ', and i wanted to be featured in her videos as a subber. (which in fact, i did!) I was really into her content back then, however, that quickly changed. 

It was really hard to sub and translate her video because of her horrible english. she had lots of grammatical errors which made it hard to correctly phrase her sentences even in a different language. she said really basic things wrong, pronounced words incorrectly which i couldn't've been able to translate and understand if there wasn't any english subtitles already. and i have a pretty good experience with subbing and translating videos since it's my job as a translator, but yeah, it was really hard. her voice wasn't that annoying back then so it was kind of okay, however, now i couldn't do it.

Posted

i translated one of her vlogs when i still watched her videos and her content wasn't that bad. the video was titled 'A Busy Day in my Life: Meetings, Collabs, & other fun things 🐒 ', and i wanted to be featured in her videos as a subber. (which in fact, i did!) I was really into her content back then, however, that quickly changed. 

It was really hard to sub and translate her video because of her horrible english. she had lots of grammatical errors which made it hard to correctly phrase her sentences even in a different language. she said really basic things wrong, pronounced words incorrectly which i couldn't've been able to translate and understand if there wasn't any english subtitles already. and i have a pretty good experience with subbing and translating videos since it's my job as a translator, but yeah, it was really hard. her voice wasn't that annoying back then so it was kind of okay, however, now i couldn't do it.

u're not alone man. when i'm bored at home i usually translate for some videos tryna make myself cool :alpacaheadshake:  but i have to keep going back to hear properly wtf she's tryna say. one moment she's talking loud and clear another moment she's mumbling to herself. i'm not trying to be mean but sometimes the way she talks is like a baby, we need to figure out what she's trying to say or tell us.... 

Posted (edited)

This is the first review on Joan’s cream I’ve come across that isn’t glowing

https://youtu.be/pqmTP4OFbDk

she gave it a 5 out of 10

the other ones I’ve seen are people that are friends with Joan. But seriously if you’re someone’s friend are you really gonna say something negative about your friend’s cream especially on camera

Edited by Sayonaroo

Posted

omg me too!!!! One time I transcribed a Japan vlog and it was OKAY for the most part. She had grammatical errors and I also had to rephrase some because it wasn't clear. 

Posted

This is the first review on Joan’s cream I’ve come across that isn’t glowing

https://youtu.be/pqmTP4OFbDk

she have it a 5 out of 10

the other ones I’ve seen are people that are friends with Joan. But seriously if you’re someone’s friend are you really gonna say something negative about your friend’s cream especially on camera

5/10? Sounds about right the day one seems okay, I can't find any info with the percentage of Vitamin C which is shady imo so one could say it could potentially be a useless active if it's at a very low percentage.

The night one seems pointless with very little nourishing and antioxidant ingredients and potentially irritating with how high the lavender oil is on the ingredient list. I find it funny how they're trying to market it as "helping with sleep", strange claim to put on a cream when the scent probably dissipates within minutes of application.

Posted (edited)

5/10? Sounds about right the day one seems okay, I can't find any info with the percentage of Vitamin C which is shady imo so one could say it could potentially be a useless active if it's at a very low percentage.

The night one seems pointless with very little nourishing and antioxidant ingredients and potentially irritating with how high the lavender oil is on the ingredient list. I find it funny how they're trying to market it as "helping with sleep", strange claim to put on a cream when the scent probably dissipates within minutes of application.

the amount of vitamin c is x parts per million which means barely anything . So when Joan says it helped lighten up her acne scars etc it wasn’t from the cream. She applies serums like the drunk elephant vitamin c serum underneath anyway so her opinion is moot. Skin knows how to heal itself anyway so how can she attribute that to the cream. She’s so dense 

Edited by Sayonaroo